12-23-2006, 08:12 AM
Time passed, although Reijin had no idea how long had actually gone by, before he finally felt his energy expended, unable to continue. Thankfully, she was now able to move her legs and she only had bruises left.
Smiling slightly, he fell backwards into the dirt, his own pain and lack of energy combining with his injuries to take him out. He slowly closed his eyes, and slept alongside her, hoping that he would awaken before she did.
He didn't, however, as he opened his eyes to find her sitting beside him with her arms around her knees, resting her chin on her knees to observer him. Seeing his eyes open, she followed his immediate gaze and turned a bright red, slapping him quickly. "Pervert! Stop staring up my skirt!"
He hadn't realized where he was looking, since his vision hadn't cleared up yet, but he couldn't explain that to such a young human girl. She suddenly grabbed his arms. "I'm sorry! I forgot you were hurt," she explained, pulling him up and helping to lay him against a wall.
She pulled yet another peach from her clothing and handed it to him. "Here, this should help," she offered, her face showing her hopes that things would get better. He looked around to see that she had yet to actually explore the cave, and had instead opted to simply watch over him.
He graciously accepted the peach and took a bit, feeling the cool juices trickle down his chin while the foot seemed to begin satisfying him. "Where do you get these from?" he mumbled, wondering how she always seemed to have an unending supply tucked away within her clothing.
She gave him a curious expression of not understanding. "From the store?" she answered, not sure what he had meant.
He simply sighed, and then looked at her. "Are you ok?" he asked.
The girl looked to the ground and nodded slowly. "I guess you could say that I am. It hurts though..." she trailed off.
His brow rose a moment. "What hurts? The bruises? You'll get over those," he grumbled, taking another bite of the peach.
Shaking her head, she answered him. "No... I killed. I killed a lot of people. I killed in cold blood." Tears had begun to form at her eyes as she began speaking the words. "I ended lives, and I enjoyed it. What happened to me?"
Reijin took a deep breath a moment before reaching out and lifting her chin up to look at him. "Personally, I'm proud of you. You can be disgusted at me if you want. I've killed many people and I've taken pleasure in it, but I've never killed simply for fun. I'll kill a man in a fight. Or if I think he's going to start a fight. Or if he's standing in my way. Or if we have a disagreement. Or if..." he realized he was rambling and she was growing scared. "The point is that I kill when I have to in order to accomplish my goal. You did exactly that. You killed them, and yes, you did enjoy it, but you wouldn't have done it if not for the fact that you had to in order to achieve victory."
He pointed at the rocks above him. "Think of how many innocent villagers that other team killed by causing this explosion? Villagers that were under their protection. We at least fought only the other soldiers. This is what I view as honor. Pacifism be damned, I will not allow myself to fail my goal simply because I don't want to hurt someone too much or possibly kill them. Its something I accept as a Saiyan. Killing is necessary."
The raven haired youth glanced back at her to find that she had averted her eyes, not really showing her true thoughts, so he leaned back against the wall and took one final bite of the peach, tossing it over to the fire for kindling. "You'll have to explain to me how you did that, by the way. Its not like we are getting out of here anytime soon. I could possibly power up and evaporate half of this rubble myself, but I can't say what it would do to you due to the power difference. So we'll have to wait it out and think over other options. So what happened up there?"
Smiling slightly, he fell backwards into the dirt, his own pain and lack of energy combining with his injuries to take him out. He slowly closed his eyes, and slept alongside her, hoping that he would awaken before she did.
He didn't, however, as he opened his eyes to find her sitting beside him with her arms around her knees, resting her chin on her knees to observer him. Seeing his eyes open, she followed his immediate gaze and turned a bright red, slapping him quickly. "Pervert! Stop staring up my skirt!"
He hadn't realized where he was looking, since his vision hadn't cleared up yet, but he couldn't explain that to such a young human girl. She suddenly grabbed his arms. "I'm sorry! I forgot you were hurt," she explained, pulling him up and helping to lay him against a wall.
She pulled yet another peach from her clothing and handed it to him. "Here, this should help," she offered, her face showing her hopes that things would get better. He looked around to see that she had yet to actually explore the cave, and had instead opted to simply watch over him.
He graciously accepted the peach and took a bit, feeling the cool juices trickle down his chin while the foot seemed to begin satisfying him. "Where do you get these from?" he mumbled, wondering how she always seemed to have an unending supply tucked away within her clothing.
She gave him a curious expression of not understanding. "From the store?" she answered, not sure what he had meant.
He simply sighed, and then looked at her. "Are you ok?" he asked.
The girl looked to the ground and nodded slowly. "I guess you could say that I am. It hurts though..." she trailed off.
His brow rose a moment. "What hurts? The bruises? You'll get over those," he grumbled, taking another bite of the peach.
Shaking her head, she answered him. "No... I killed. I killed a lot of people. I killed in cold blood." Tears had begun to form at her eyes as she began speaking the words. "I ended lives, and I enjoyed it. What happened to me?"
Reijin took a deep breath a moment before reaching out and lifting her chin up to look at him. "Personally, I'm proud of you. You can be disgusted at me if you want. I've killed many people and I've taken pleasure in it, but I've never killed simply for fun. I'll kill a man in a fight. Or if I think he's going to start a fight. Or if he's standing in my way. Or if we have a disagreement. Or if..." he realized he was rambling and she was growing scared. "The point is that I kill when I have to in order to accomplish my goal. You did exactly that. You killed them, and yes, you did enjoy it, but you wouldn't have done it if not for the fact that you had to in order to achieve victory."
He pointed at the rocks above him. "Think of how many innocent villagers that other team killed by causing this explosion? Villagers that were under their protection. We at least fought only the other soldiers. This is what I view as honor. Pacifism be damned, I will not allow myself to fail my goal simply because I don't want to hurt someone too much or possibly kill them. Its something I accept as a Saiyan. Killing is necessary."
The raven haired youth glanced back at her to find that she had averted her eyes, not really showing her true thoughts, so he leaned back against the wall and took one final bite of the peach, tossing it over to the fire for kindling. "You'll have to explain to me how you did that, by the way. Its not like we are getting out of here anytime soon. I could possibly power up and evaporate half of this rubble myself, but I can't say what it would do to you due to the power difference. So we'll have to wait it out and think over other options. So what happened up there?"
![[Image: reijinchefsig.jpg]](http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b121/warpzone116/reijinchefsig.jpg)
"I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"

