01-03-2008, 05:50 PM
I was mainly just saying that this new board still feels wierd and inaccesible. There were talks about making a skin like the old one we had just so people feel at home. That was kind of tossed out the window, but I still think it would help. The old boards had multiple skins, people would fuck around with them, there would be talks about it everywhere, people made sigs for people all the time. It's like people cared, now it's not. I know I'm not the only one that noticed this change came around the time we had to desert our old boards.
Not to mention that the old boards were more about IC than OOC, whereas now we have like 3x the amount of IC boards towards the bottom of the page. I clicked those arrows to minimize them, but I logged back in and they are back. It just seems like we are getting 'something to do' until the activity swings back around.
I know that activity usually lulls around the holidays and school (my ass, i've been around long enough to know that's a cop-out, but it's understandable), but this just seems like it will be it for the site if we don't do something. I think the problem is more simple than adding new content, at least for now. Like, frankly, the main page being down and nothing being done about it is just sad. It's like staff, and everyone else for not fighting for it, has just given up. I liked to go to Chubbs and have a big blue face tell me what was going on IC-wise and OOC-wise. Now it's just like 'eh, come on in... I guess'. That sux.
*I can come out of retirement and give people C&C, and roleplay with newbs so they don't leave because they see this place sux and nobody RPs, but that's all I can do. But at least I'm doing that. Well, not yet. But you get my point.
Not to mention that the old boards were more about IC than OOC, whereas now we have like 3x the amount of IC boards towards the bottom of the page. I clicked those arrows to minimize them, but I logged back in and they are back. It just seems like we are getting 'something to do' until the activity swings back around.
I know that activity usually lulls around the holidays and school (my ass, i've been around long enough to know that's a cop-out, but it's understandable), but this just seems like it will be it for the site if we don't do something. I think the problem is more simple than adding new content, at least for now. Like, frankly, the main page being down and nothing being done about it is just sad. It's like staff, and everyone else for not fighting for it, has just given up. I liked to go to Chubbs and have a big blue face tell me what was going on IC-wise and OOC-wise. Now it's just like 'eh, come on in... I guess'. That sux.
*I can come out of retirement and give people C&C, and roleplay with newbs so they don't leave because they see this place sux and nobody RPs, but that's all I can do. But at least I'm doing that. Well, not yet. But you get my point.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana

