Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Day Three: Afternoon
#2
Trudging through the forest, the cyan haired girl began muttering the words to a song she?d heard a long time ago. It was remarkably depressing, but she felt it set the mood quite well, all things considered.

?Watch the sun
As it crawls across a final time
And it feels like
Like it was a friend
If it?s watching us
And the world we set on fire
Do you wonder
If it feels the same?
? she muttered through part of the first verse, forced to awkwardly wriggle her way through a patch of thick brush. Traveling through the jungle had become difficult since her arm had been broken, especially by the fact that her free hand was busy holding her 12-gauge insurance policy. She almost wished it shot actual ammunition, instead of ki.

?And the sky is filled with light
Can you see it?
All the black is really white
If you believe it
As the time is running out
Let me take away your doubt
We can find a better place
In this twilight.
? Bra ducked beneath a low-hanging branch, and tripped, sliding down a steep, mushy slope, before crashing through a series of bamboo poles at the bottom. Still, she didn?t miss a beat, miserably continuing her song.

?Dust to dust
Ashes in your hair remind me
What it feels like
And I won?t feel again
Night descends
Could I have been a better person?
If I could only
Do it all again.
? the princess began to cry, her own lullaby churning up her emotions. Climbing to her feet, she winced at the gash across her back; a gift from the broken bamboo.

?But the sky is filled with light
Can you see it?
All the black is really white
If you believe it
And the longing that you feel
You know none of this is real
We will find a better place In this twili-hiiiiiight.
? Bra finished, before stumbling into a clearing, and staring down the barrel of somebody?s weapon.

?You shouldn?t wander about singing like that,? came the familiar voice. Reijin lowered his weapon. ?It can get you killed.? he warned, his tone growing cold. The hybrid swiftly wiped away her tears with the same hand that held her shotgun, and nearly cracked the weapon over the pure-blood?s head.

?Yeah, I... I know. I just needed to... it?s okay,? the girl stammered, before wincing as her dislocated arm brushed against Reijin?s. ?Fuck!? she gasped, dropping her weapon and cradling the useless appendage.

?Hm,? began the raven haired one. ?It doesn?t look broken... I could probably set it properly for you, but it needs medical attention to heal completely.?

?You?re not so hot yourself, Rei.? Bra managed a smirk, nodding to the brutal gash on the saiyan?s head. Reijin merely ran a hand over it in response.

?It?s fine. Now, do you want me to fix that arm?? he questioned once again. ?If we?re going to survive, we?d best do everything we can to keep being able to fight.?

?Who says I?m sticking with you?!? the cyan haired halfling retorted, her defiant sapphire eyes alight with a mix of apprehension and amusement at Reijin?s surprised expression. ?Nah, I?m kidding. I?ve got nowhere to go,? she finished with a sigh. ?Besides, you can be pretty funny. What do you need me to do? Just stand here??

?I?d suggest you sit. I?d also suggest you put something in your mouth.? the Gaean trainee replied, un-shouldering his pack and letting it crash onto the floor.

?Uh... what?!? the hybrid demanded. ?What the hell do you mean, ?put something in my mouth???

?Fine. Never mind I said anything. Just sit down.? Reijin sighed. The rebellious girl could make even the most simple tasks an endeavor. The heiress took a seat against a tree, and the older warrior took a knee at her side. Taking her arm up in his hands, he gently cradled her forearm in one hand, and softly placed his free hand over the crease of her elbow.

Closing his eyes, Reijin took a deep breath, and then savagely thrust his palm into Bra?s elbow, resulting in a stomach-turning crack!! The sound could have echoed for an eternity, but the girl?s shrill scream easily drowned it out.

She began to shake, and then toppled over, crying out more softly this time as she grasped her elbow in some vain attempt to squeeze away the agony. Tears flowed freely onto the dirt as Bra convulsed.

Finally, she fell still, before shifting her weight and sitting up onto her knees. A gloved fist found it?s way into Reijin?s gut. The raven-haired warrior couldn?t keep his balance in a sitting position, and so collapsed much as Bra had done.

?You never said it would hurt like that!!? she gasped.

?What did you expect?!? came the retort. Quickly, he calmed down and pulled himself to his feet. ?It had do be done.?

?...Yeah, I know,? she agreed. Reijin blinked. Strange, usually arguments with Bra could last for ages, no matter how insignificant - or absolutely wrong - the girl?s point might have been. ?But we have to fix that shit on your head. You?ll bleed to death.?

?I know,? the pure-breed frowned. ?And you need a sling to protect your arm.?

?We?re both just a couple of fuckin? cripples, huh?? Bra retorted with a laugh. Reijin allowed the slightest of smiles.

?I suppose,? he finally decided. ?But we?ve still got a lot to do.?
"I wasted time and now time doth waste me."
[Image: BuraSig.jpg]
"I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Day Three: Afternoon - by Burter - 06-02-2007, 01:46 AM
Day Three: Afternoon - by Bra - 06-02-2007, 07:11 AM
Day Three: Afternoon - by Bardock - 06-02-2007, 07:12 AM
Day Three: Afternoon - by Yamu - 06-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Day Three: Afternoon - by Tobias - 06-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Day Three: Afternoon - by Retane - 06-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Day Three: Afternoon - by Android 17 - 06-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Day Three: Afternoon - by Jinpo - 06-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Day Three: Afternoon - by Burter - 06-02-2007, 09:41 PM
Day Three: Afternoon - by Yamu - 06-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Day Three: Afternoon - by Retane - 06-03-2007, 02:32 AM
Day Three: Afternoon - by King Cold444 - 06-03-2007, 03:12 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)