06-07-2007, 08:10 AM
The fog still hadn't cleared yet; in fact, where they were now, it had thickened considerably. Masses of vegetation appeared as grey blobs on the horizon, slowly gaining clarity as Koola grew closer. Once he passed it, the greedy fog enveloped it once again. The changeling prince had trouble seeing anything with certainty beyond several metres. Hopefully his affixed scouter wasn't bogged down with the visual hindrance.
The father-son group pursued their endless journey, with Cold still taking the authoritative lead. His inconsiderate walking pace was quickly leaving the Icer offspring behind. Koola tried to increase his speed, but after consuming the last of his bread over twelve hours ago, his strength was waning. After wrestling with his sluggish movement, he angrily slammed the barrel of his shotgun crutch into the ground.
"Oi!" Koola yelled. "Slow down! Come back here!"
Apparently, King Cold didn't hear him. His one armed shadow within the fog vaporised into nothing in a matter of seconds.
"Hey!" the prince repeated his objection. "I'm still back here!"
The emperor did not emerge.
"What is this, some sick joke of yours?! Have you decided that you don't need me anymore? Am I slowing you down? Correct me if I'm wrong!"
Still, nothing. The violet skinned royal clenched his crutch firmly, applying further pressure the more he resisted the rage welling inside him.
Suddenly, the shotgun fired, taking Koola completely by surprise. His weakened body violently slammed against the ground, leaving a spherical crater where the ki shotgun's barrel once rested. Thankfully he didn't take off any toes; walking was hard enough.
Koola cocked his head from the ground, slightly hopeful that his father heard the resounding blast from the firearm. Again, he was disappointed. Lieing on his side upon the muddied earth, he dropped his skull lethargically. What was he going to do now? What little strength he had would be wasted by just returning upright and performing basic movement. Cold had abandoned him; it seemed their family ties had finally broken.
The prince closed his eyes. If he was going to die in a mud soaked puddle on an alien island, he would least die rested.
*Beee --- boop!*
A flash of blue scolded Koola's eyes, despite the fact that they were closed. His eyelids shot open. His brow furrowed when he took in his new surroundings.
A bubbling brook flowed just by his head. He sat up, noticing the lush green grass he sat in opposed to the filthy terrain he was used to. A small rock face overlooked the rushing water, capped by a majestic apple tree, ripe with its fruit. Birds glided skilfully on the wind's current, singing gleeful melodies to each other. Sunlight drenched the entire scene, donating its warmth and brilliance to an atmosphere that hardly needed it.
Is this it? Koola thought to himself. Did I die? For real? He heard a chuckle from behind him. Or is this just a sick joke from the mind of the queer?
The changeling leapt to his feet, ready to take on the source of the laughter. He stopped when he remembered his leg. Looking down, he was astonished to see that his thigh had regenerated, returning to its original composition. Not only that, but it didn't emanate even the faintest hint of pain. Something wasn't right.
Out of the river emerged a stunning woman, her long blonde hair matted and dishevelled by the water. She wore a skimpy red bikini, which Koola couldn't help but notice, even though this woman was a creature of another race. His eyes were fixated; he tried his best to remove them, but he was mesmerised.
The woman seductively approached him, staring at him lovingly through her green eyes. She reached Koola, wrapping her arms around his thick neck. Instinctively the prince placed his hands at her voluptuous hips. He was frozen solid, with desire, confusion and fear; a rare yet welcome experience.
"So... do you approve?" the woman asked slyly, moving her face closer to Koola's. It was then that he recognised her. It was Kerela.
"I..." was all the prince could say before their lips united.
---
At that precise moment, Koola was forced from his soothing fantasy. He was pushed back forcefully into the dirt. The glory of the natural valley was scorned by the familiar surroundings of Dante's Abyss. His anger peaked in him again. The changeling was about to berate the alluring woman, until he realised it wasn't a woman.
Cold spat and spluttered, wiping his tongue with his hands. "Eww! Yuk! What the hell's the matter with you?!"
"Dad? I..." Koola was bewildered. "I was just in a beautiful valley, with a river, and birds, and... wait, didn't you leave me here by myself?"
Cold looked as puzzled as Koola felt. "Uh... no. I told you I was going to check out a power level my scouter registered. I must've been away from you for ten seconds. Then I heard your gun discharge and I raced back. When I reached you, you were on the ground, out cold. I lifted you up and shook you, trying to wake you up, but..." he spat again, "you kissed me!"
"Wha--?"
The horned king was irritated, but decided to be understanding. "It's OK. We've both been under a lot of stress."
"But... but it all seemed so real." Koola sighed. "Sorry."
Cold handed his son the shotgun support and helped him to his feet. "Don't sweat it. How about this time I walk at your pace?"
"Thanks."
As the changeling family limped off, a translucent figure watched bitter sweetly.
"You'll be back soon, Mountain God. You can't lose."
"Did... you say something?" Koola asked.
Cold shook his head.
Koola looked over his shoulder. I don't know what's happening, but I will seek you out.
The father-son group pursued their endless journey, with Cold still taking the authoritative lead. His inconsiderate walking pace was quickly leaving the Icer offspring behind. Koola tried to increase his speed, but after consuming the last of his bread over twelve hours ago, his strength was waning. After wrestling with his sluggish movement, he angrily slammed the barrel of his shotgun crutch into the ground.
"Oi!" Koola yelled. "Slow down! Come back here!"
Apparently, King Cold didn't hear him. His one armed shadow within the fog vaporised into nothing in a matter of seconds.
"Hey!" the prince repeated his objection. "I'm still back here!"
The emperor did not emerge.
"What is this, some sick joke of yours?! Have you decided that you don't need me anymore? Am I slowing you down? Correct me if I'm wrong!"
Still, nothing. The violet skinned royal clenched his crutch firmly, applying further pressure the more he resisted the rage welling inside him.
Suddenly, the shotgun fired, taking Koola completely by surprise. His weakened body violently slammed against the ground, leaving a spherical crater where the ki shotgun's barrel once rested. Thankfully he didn't take off any toes; walking was hard enough.
Koola cocked his head from the ground, slightly hopeful that his father heard the resounding blast from the firearm. Again, he was disappointed. Lieing on his side upon the muddied earth, he dropped his skull lethargically. What was he going to do now? What little strength he had would be wasted by just returning upright and performing basic movement. Cold had abandoned him; it seemed their family ties had finally broken.
The prince closed his eyes. If he was going to die in a mud soaked puddle on an alien island, he would least die rested.
*Beee --- boop!*
A flash of blue scolded Koola's eyes, despite the fact that they were closed. His eyelids shot open. His brow furrowed when he took in his new surroundings.
A bubbling brook flowed just by his head. He sat up, noticing the lush green grass he sat in opposed to the filthy terrain he was used to. A small rock face overlooked the rushing water, capped by a majestic apple tree, ripe with its fruit. Birds glided skilfully on the wind's current, singing gleeful melodies to each other. Sunlight drenched the entire scene, donating its warmth and brilliance to an atmosphere that hardly needed it.
Is this it? Koola thought to himself. Did I die? For real? He heard a chuckle from behind him. Or is this just a sick joke from the mind of the queer?
The changeling leapt to his feet, ready to take on the source of the laughter. He stopped when he remembered his leg. Looking down, he was astonished to see that his thigh had regenerated, returning to its original composition. Not only that, but it didn't emanate even the faintest hint of pain. Something wasn't right.
Out of the river emerged a stunning woman, her long blonde hair matted and dishevelled by the water. She wore a skimpy red bikini, which Koola couldn't help but notice, even though this woman was a creature of another race. His eyes were fixated; he tried his best to remove them, but he was mesmerised.
The woman seductively approached him, staring at him lovingly through her green eyes. She reached Koola, wrapping her arms around his thick neck. Instinctively the prince placed his hands at her voluptuous hips. He was frozen solid, with desire, confusion and fear; a rare yet welcome experience.
"So... do you approve?" the woman asked slyly, moving her face closer to Koola's. It was then that he recognised her. It was Kerela.
"I..." was all the prince could say before their lips united.
---
At that precise moment, Koola was forced from his soothing fantasy. He was pushed back forcefully into the dirt. The glory of the natural valley was scorned by the familiar surroundings of Dante's Abyss. His anger peaked in him again. The changeling was about to berate the alluring woman, until he realised it wasn't a woman.
Cold spat and spluttered, wiping his tongue with his hands. "Eww! Yuk! What the hell's the matter with you?!"
"Dad? I..." Koola was bewildered. "I was just in a beautiful valley, with a river, and birds, and... wait, didn't you leave me here by myself?"
Cold looked as puzzled as Koola felt. "Uh... no. I told you I was going to check out a power level my scouter registered. I must've been away from you for ten seconds. Then I heard your gun discharge and I raced back. When I reached you, you were on the ground, out cold. I lifted you up and shook you, trying to wake you up, but..." he spat again, "you kissed me!"
"Wha--?"
The horned king was irritated, but decided to be understanding. "It's OK. We've both been under a lot of stress."
"But... but it all seemed so real." Koola sighed. "Sorry."
Cold handed his son the shotgun support and helped him to his feet. "Don't sweat it. How about this time I walk at your pace?"
"Thanks."
As the changeling family limped off, a translucent figure watched bitter sweetly.
"You'll be back soon, Mountain God. You can't lose."
"Did... you say something?" Koola asked.
Cold shook his head.
Koola looked over his shoulder. I don't know what's happening, but I will seek you out.


![[Image: OrionAug11.jpg]](http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/captain_civic/OrionAug11.jpg)