06-22-2007, 02:28 PM
People are only going into hysteria about it because of its rise in popularity. Like everything which starts to go into the spotlight, people have to say it's bad for you.
Gaming is a hobby. I don't do it because I'm hiding from society, I do it because it's fun. People spend hours on things like fishing, building models and tinkering with electronics. Not because they're prey to a mental illness, but just because they enjoy it or it lets them relax from work or whatever. Gaming is the same, just more people do it.
Seriously, fuck the people that feel the need to rile up hysteria and overexaggerate this stuff.
I will make an exception for MMORPGs, because those can really fuck up people's lives if they overdo it. Basically because they're designed to be addictive timesinks, so that you keep paying the subscription. Too much of anything is bad, and if you're cutting off RL friends so that you don't miss raids you've gone too far. Everything in moderation.
Gaming is a hobby. I don't do it because I'm hiding from society, I do it because it's fun. People spend hours on things like fishing, building models and tinkering with electronics. Not because they're prey to a mental illness, but just because they enjoy it or it lets them relax from work or whatever. Gaming is the same, just more people do it.
Seriously, fuck the people that feel the need to rile up hysteria and overexaggerate this stuff.
I will make an exception for MMORPGs, because those can really fuck up people's lives if they overdo it. Basically because they're designed to be addictive timesinks, so that you keep paying the subscription. Too much of anything is bad, and if you're cutting off RL friends so that you don't miss raids you've gone too far. Everything in moderation.
![[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]](http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3128/superbuuelectricityne4.jpg)
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.

