Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness?
#26
Bojack Wrote:Television addiction is still a huge problem in America.

Doug that's not a bad argument. Everyone in this thread is a gamer and every post has had a biased tone because of their own experience with video games. We aren't talking about the experiences of people that aren't addicted to video games. We're talking about those that don't know how to stop playing.

For example, I have had alcohol before, and I didn't become an alcoholic. Does that mean alcoholism is an ignorant concept? No, it just means I didn't become an alcoholic. I, not everyone else that has ever picked up a glass of hootch. Just like how everyone that picks up a video game doesnt know where to draw the line/when stop playing/go the fuck outside/not die of heart failure because they had nothing to eat for 40 hours.

I am a gamer, yes. But that's not to say that I don't have non-bias opinions on the subject. I merely meant that you could apply what they're saying to any medium that exists.

I re-read my first post in this thread and its somewhat contradictory; so let me clarify(For my own benfit and anyone else who might be confused): Yes, Krillin is correct that its psychological problem. I was merely listing objects which people would attach themselves to and in-turn become addicted to. I do think there are certain things in which would help someone become addicted to that object though(Nicotine in cigarettes for example).
[Image: Gramps.jpg]
ありがとう人造人間18号
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Burter - 06-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Burter - 06-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Mowgli - 06-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Burter - 06-22-2007, 10:42 AM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Burter - 06-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Uno - 06-22-2007, 01:55 PM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Bojack - 06-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Burter - 06-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Bojack - 06-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Bojack - 06-22-2007, 11:43 PM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Bojack - 06-29-2007, 03:07 AM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Nori - 06-29-2007, 03:15 AM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Bojack - 06-29-2007, 03:33 AM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Bojack - 06-29-2007, 04:32 AM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Nori - 06-29-2007, 04:42 AM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Bojack - 06-29-2007, 05:26 AM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Grandpa Gohan - 06-29-2007, 07:30 AM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Bojack - 06-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Bojack - 06-30-2007, 03:42 PM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Bojack - 06-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Bojack - 07-01-2007, 12:57 AM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Bojack - 07-01-2007, 01:30 AM
Video Game Addiction: Mental Illness? - by Dave - 07-01-2007, 03:29 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)