10-17-2007, 01:05 AM
Krillin Wrote:Depending on how the Turnover is proceeding, Retirement might be pointless/unnecessary. If it weren't, though, I don't think Greg has been here long enough to be considered for retirement. It isn't something that goes to just anyone who's been active for a couple years and gotten lots of stuff.
Excuse me? I thought the turnover thing had been thrown out already... due to:
A) it all but killing activity and
B) Dana + the server issues making it disproportionately hard to institute a new system.
I swear, if a turnover gets sprung on those of us who have remained active while those (staff and staff buddies) who knew it was coming have been setting back, not RPing, and not keeping us informed... I'm going to be as pissed as a wet hornet.
Person: "Surprise, a turnover was looming all along. We tricked you into RPing for no reason. Har har har! After all, you should be just writing to write anyways, am I right, am I right?"
Me: "Um... I do an RPG with stats for the stats, if I just wanted to write for the sake of writing, i wouldn't do it for a DBZ RPG. I'd do it for school, or on my own novel, or on a site that aims solely at improving at writing (like Helium).
Person: "Well those who have been here longer would be losing more time and effort in reset anyways, so don't bitch."
Me: "Not trying to bitch, just want to know if I'm wasting/ have been wasting (for the better part of a year) my time. I write here for the game aspect of this site. If there were no stats, I'd just hang around ooc cause I like the community. I see no reason to waste material now that I could use post-turnover."
Evil Doer: "Why wait till post-reset?"
Me: "... Because I'm here for the game and if I'm not getting proportionately rewarded for my efforts now, I'd rather save my energy and put out the material when it benefits my character in the game."
I expect the typical, "Roo, you're overreacting, there isn't any turnover." But if it turns out that I've been role playing for a game that is about to swipe my character's stats without knowing it, I can honestly say I'll be leaving, middle fingers high in the air.
Roster | Character Vault | Last RP
![[Image: AquasigII-1.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/darooman/AquasigII-1.jpg)
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails
at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
![[Image: AquasigII-1.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/darooman/AquasigII-1.jpg)
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails
at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

