03-12-2008, 11:35 PM
Kiro Wrote:Spence, though you may not have felt it was attacking the show, I did. It directly called the show 'disturbing', when to me, what's disturbing is the lack of intelligence in some of this country's youth. Call me crazy, but as a ten year old boy I never felt the impulse to ask my friends to bury my head in a foot of sand in imitation of a show. Hell, I loved to imitate shows when I was a little tyke, and never once was I hurt severely doing it.
It has nothing to do with the show, it has to do with the individual. My little brother, eight years old, threatened to pull a knife on my other younger brother, twelve. And my mom hasn't disciplined them or raised them any different than she had disciplined me.
Some children just aren't smart. At all. That kid isn't the rule, he's the exception. If it was an actual risk that every child would dash around burying themselves to death, you would see more than one reported case.
I feel sorry for that child, but only because of what he went through because of his own stupidity. I almost feel more pity for his lack of common sense and intelligence.
That story was one of the more biased things I've seen/heard in awhile. The news doesn't need to put a self-interest-fueled spin on tragic events.
I'll have to agree..once more I think it has to do with the parents talking to their kids about what can be and what can't be done when they are playing and that involves keeping an eye on your child and his friends/company.

