Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
research paper
#1
My teacher wants me to do a research paper on the 'most important musician of the past 20 years'.

I haven't a fucking clue.

I am considering Buckethead, John Frusciante (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Kurt Cobain, and Slash (Guns N Roses/Velvet Revolver). In my opinion, the last musician worthy of a research paper/presentation was Stevie Ray Vaughan, but I don't think he's recent enough to qualify. Ok, so I just looked him up and he does qualify, but I don't want to not do this thread SOOOOO...

SUGGESTIONS!

The only problem with this assignment is that the only music prevalent and important in the past 20 years has been R&B, Rap, and Pop. I actually believe that Jay-Z is the most important musician of the past few years or so (I don't like him either but you have to acknowledge his impact and following), but I don't want to do no damn paper on Jay-Z.

I was also thinking Dave Grohl a little, but I don't want to do him either.

So yeah. Go. Most important musician of the past 20 years.

EDIT: He also asked 'think about who people would still be talking about 100 years from now'. Putting it that way, I say Slash is the closest we have to soemone like that.
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
Reply


Messages In This Thread
research paper - by Bojack - 04-21-2008, 08:20 PM
research paper - by Saz - 04-21-2008, 08:29 PM
research paper - by Bojack - 04-21-2008, 08:33 PM
research paper - by Saz - 04-21-2008, 08:41 PM
research paper - by Bujin - 04-21-2008, 08:46 PM
research paper - by Bojack - 04-21-2008, 08:50 PM
research paper - by Bojack - 04-21-2008, 08:52 PM
research paper - by Violet - 04-21-2008, 09:27 PM
research paper - by Bujin - 04-21-2008, 09:43 PM
research paper - by Lethe - 04-22-2008, 02:23 AM
research paper - by Bojack - 04-22-2008, 02:38 AM
research paper - by Nappa - 04-22-2008, 03:36 AM
research paper - by Paragus - 04-22-2008, 05:35 AM
research paper - by Kami - 04-22-2008, 09:28 PM
research paper - by Bojack - 04-22-2008, 10:05 PM
research paper - by Kami - 04-24-2008, 05:12 AM
research paper - by Lethe - 04-24-2008, 03:26 PM
research paper - by Raditzu - 04-24-2008, 04:40 PM
research paper - by Bojack - 04-24-2008, 09:17 PM
research paper - by Kami - 04-26-2008, 01:56 AM
research paper - by Waffuru - 04-26-2008, 02:53 AM
research paper - by Saz - 04-26-2008, 03:22 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)