06-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Alright awesome guys. Seriously I needed that boot in the ass, from now on I'm pulling up the work gloves and putting some elbow grease into these.
Now to Aero(which btw, coolest custom character name on the site).
First off, I MIGHT be wrong here. I'm not really sure the proper way it'd be worded in this situation, but 'quarter of five' just doesn't seem right. Quarter to five, or quarter after five would be my two alternate suggestions in place of what you've got there. But like I said, I'm really not sure here so no fault against you but it just didn't slid off the tongue right so I figured it'd be worth mentioning.
Just a bit of nit picking here but:
In all three of these situations it was the first time you mentioned each of the items Aero was interacting with. Being that it was their first times being mentioned the usage of the word 'the' seems a bit odd to me, usually when something new is introduced it is by using 'a' since it's something new for the reader to process. Using 'the' implies that the item in question was there and established all along.
- From what I can remember you only referred to Aero in two different ways, always either "Aero" or "he''. Some variety in that category could have helped, maybe a physical description? You know, "The silver maned adolescent" or something like that. I understand you didn't want to beat anyone over the head with details, but I think a middle ground between your post and that would be very beneficial.
- That's enough grammar for me, as the content of the post goes nothing really to comment on here. I was a bit confused as of the setting until you said in the other thread where it was taking place, I guess if the reader has trouble comprehending that on their own that obviously is something worth fixing.
Sorry, that's all I've got. Overall not a bad read, but nothing worth mentioning. C. With literally just a sprinkle more description I think the whole thing might have come off a bit more fluidly.
I've got no links, so freebie for next person.
Now to Aero(which btw, coolest custom character name on the site).
Aero Wrote:Aero woke up quarter of five in the morning
First off, I MIGHT be wrong here. I'm not really sure the proper way it'd be worded in this situation, but 'quarter of five' just doesn't seem right. Quarter to five, or quarter after five would be my two alternate suggestions in place of what you've got there. But like I said, I'm really not sure here so no fault against you but it just didn't slid off the tongue right so I figured it'd be worth mentioning.
Just a bit of nit picking here but:
Aero Wrote:He snatched the newspaper
Aero Wrote:He grasped the handle to the coffee pot
Aero Wrote:and placed the coffee cup next to the computer mouse
In all three of these situations it was the first time you mentioned each of the items Aero was interacting with. Being that it was their first times being mentioned the usage of the word 'the' seems a bit odd to me, usually when something new is introduced it is by using 'a' since it's something new for the reader to process. Using 'the' implies that the item in question was there and established all along.
- From what I can remember you only referred to Aero in two different ways, always either "Aero" or "he''. Some variety in that category could have helped, maybe a physical description? You know, "The silver maned adolescent" or something like that. I understand you didn't want to beat anyone over the head with details, but I think a middle ground between your post and that would be very beneficial.
- That's enough grammar for me, as the content of the post goes nothing really to comment on here. I was a bit confused as of the setting until you said in the other thread where it was taking place, I guess if the reader has trouble comprehending that on their own that obviously is something worth fixing.
Sorry, that's all I've got. Overall not a bad read, but nothing worth mentioning. C. With literally just a sprinkle more description I think the whole thing might have come off a bit more fluidly.
I've got no links, so freebie for next person.
![[Image: curvedcopy.gif]](http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h177/Spazz678/curvedcopy.gif)

