06-03-2008, 05:57 AM
Continued from: http://www.cdbzrpg.com/forum/showpost.ph...stcount=11
The sun rose high into the sky overhead, leaving the dark haired Saiyan to wander around in the central city ruins in deep thought. He had been thinking a lot after the girl had revealed her identity, but she'd grown oddly quiet since. It was good. He really felt he needed some time to think and if she'd been an actual person he would have walked away for some time to think on how to proceed. He knew she could read his every thought... But there was still something comforting about the illusion of privacy.
Walking over to a large fountain, Reijin leaned down onto the stone, staring into the water. This time there was no purple haired girl overlaying his image. There was simply water moving past him to drip quietly off the side, birds chirping high overhead, and himself to question his decisions of the past.
He'd caused a lot of pain over the course of his life, but he always believed it to be necessary. There was justification for every action that he'd made in his young twenty four years of existance, but did that mean that they were right? Honestly, he didn't really care as far as that went. He had been disillusioned about dying long ago, and he was in no way trying to win points with some all powerful Kami to attain entrance into a heavenly paradise. He'd killed Satan himself alongside angels and they had come to him for help. That alone strengthened his conviction as to where he was going.
He reached down into his bag to pull out some bread and then tore off a bite in his mouth, watching thoughtfully into the water. A leaf floated down from one of the nearby trees and landed in the fountain and he watched the ripples appear, shimmering over his reflection and distorting his image to play with what was and would could have been. Finally, he found himself calling out, bread crumbs falling into the water as he looked down into it.
"I don't really know what to say."
A moment passed to allow the tranquility around him to settle before the form slowly superceded that of his own within the liquid mirror. This time, the effigy spoke out to him, leaving him to feel a bit less paranoid and more at ease with his actual thoughts.
The girl nodded and looked at him solemnly. "You must have a lot of questions. I'm sure you do. So where would you like to start? I'll try to explain what I can for you."
Reijin took another bite from the bread and then glanced down at his bag long enough to pull out a bottle of water. He wasn't exactly proud of some of the things he'd deemed necessary in the past, nor the results, but he always justified it within his mind. This didn't allow him to look her in the eye as he asked his next question, however, so fighting with the top of the water bottle made a perfect distraction for him. "Your father was Trunks. Before I... Before he fused. This new being that has replaced him, I mean its not like I ever really spoke with the other two forms of him aside from trying to kill them, but I have always had questions that I've never been able to answer, about what changed with him, about who he was, about-"
"I think I know what you are saying," a female voice called from behind him.
Spinning around, Reijin braced himself for an attack to find that no one was standing behind him. His blood was rushing momentarily and he looked quickly down the streets before he felt something knock him backwards into the water of the fountain, his head striking the side hard enough to knock him unconcious, the lulling drift of the water calling out to him as the world passed into darkness once more...
A final bite of bread fell to the ground, landing on his bag safely and breaking into small bits.
Drip...
He stood up quickly, looking around at his surroundings, immediately seeing subtle changes. The city was no longer abandoned, however. There were droves of people trafficking past him seemingly unaware of his presence. "Welcome to the city as it once was," he heard the familiar voice call beside him.
This time, however, there was a girl of the same height as himself to meet his gaze, the figure giving him an acknowledging nod when he looked to her. "Don't worry, you are asleep, again. I had to show you somethings and its a bit hard to interact with you from a pool of water, as necessary as it may be," she assured him quickly. "My name is Jun'ai Briefs. It is an honor to meet you, although not in person, Reijin."
The sun rose high into the sky overhead, leaving the dark haired Saiyan to wander around in the central city ruins in deep thought. He had been thinking a lot after the girl had revealed her identity, but she'd grown oddly quiet since. It was good. He really felt he needed some time to think and if she'd been an actual person he would have walked away for some time to think on how to proceed. He knew she could read his every thought... But there was still something comforting about the illusion of privacy.
Walking over to a large fountain, Reijin leaned down onto the stone, staring into the water. This time there was no purple haired girl overlaying his image. There was simply water moving past him to drip quietly off the side, birds chirping high overhead, and himself to question his decisions of the past.
He'd caused a lot of pain over the course of his life, but he always believed it to be necessary. There was justification for every action that he'd made in his young twenty four years of existance, but did that mean that they were right? Honestly, he didn't really care as far as that went. He had been disillusioned about dying long ago, and he was in no way trying to win points with some all powerful Kami to attain entrance into a heavenly paradise. He'd killed Satan himself alongside angels and they had come to him for help. That alone strengthened his conviction as to where he was going.
He reached down into his bag to pull out some bread and then tore off a bite in his mouth, watching thoughtfully into the water. A leaf floated down from one of the nearby trees and landed in the fountain and he watched the ripples appear, shimmering over his reflection and distorting his image to play with what was and would could have been. Finally, he found himself calling out, bread crumbs falling into the water as he looked down into it.
"I don't really know what to say."
A moment passed to allow the tranquility around him to settle before the form slowly superceded that of his own within the liquid mirror. This time, the effigy spoke out to him, leaving him to feel a bit less paranoid and more at ease with his actual thoughts.
The girl nodded and looked at him solemnly. "You must have a lot of questions. I'm sure you do. So where would you like to start? I'll try to explain what I can for you."
Reijin took another bite from the bread and then glanced down at his bag long enough to pull out a bottle of water. He wasn't exactly proud of some of the things he'd deemed necessary in the past, nor the results, but he always justified it within his mind. This didn't allow him to look her in the eye as he asked his next question, however, so fighting with the top of the water bottle made a perfect distraction for him. "Your father was Trunks. Before I... Before he fused. This new being that has replaced him, I mean its not like I ever really spoke with the other two forms of him aside from trying to kill them, but I have always had questions that I've never been able to answer, about what changed with him, about who he was, about-"
"I think I know what you are saying," a female voice called from behind him.
Spinning around, Reijin braced himself for an attack to find that no one was standing behind him. His blood was rushing momentarily and he looked quickly down the streets before he felt something knock him backwards into the water of the fountain, his head striking the side hard enough to knock him unconcious, the lulling drift of the water calling out to him as the world passed into darkness once more...
A final bite of bread fell to the ground, landing on his bag safely and breaking into small bits.
Drip...
He stood up quickly, looking around at his surroundings, immediately seeing subtle changes. The city was no longer abandoned, however. There were droves of people trafficking past him seemingly unaware of his presence. "Welcome to the city as it once was," he heard the familiar voice call beside him.
This time, however, there was a girl of the same height as himself to meet his gaze, the figure giving him an acknowledging nod when he looked to her. "Don't worry, you are asleep, again. I had to show you somethings and its a bit hard to interact with you from a pool of water, as necessary as it may be," she assured him quickly. "My name is Jun'ai Briefs. It is an honor to meet you, although not in person, Reijin."
![[Image: reijinchefsig.jpg]](http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b121/warpzone116/reijinchefsig.jpg)
"I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"

