08-17-2008, 04:50 AM
Like, he never seems to push for laws that help the country in any way OTHER than to support his religious beliefs. Now, I'm not in any way bashing religion itself, but most of the rules he pushes for have no logical point behind them at all other than the fact that his beliefs disagree with them, such as the banning gay marraige thing (probably the absolute stupidest bullshit this country has ever done). I wouldn't care if this was an expected style of rulings, but the fact remains that we are supposed to have a seperation of church and state and to make laws based on everyone in mind and not just one religious groups feelings, which clearly doesn't happen anymore.
There was a rumor at one point that Bush was pushing to make it so that "athiests couldn't vote" or something, involving voting using the church as your method, but I never saw factual evidence and therefore can't believe that one. There is one guy however who is pushing to ban wiccans and pagans from the military and to ban them from citizenship, its supposed to be the third runner for the presidency or something. And I know I've seen multiple times where they are actively discussing the removal of the "seperation of church and state" stance as they feel it interferes with the current lawmaking process.
So I am left wondering, what was the entire point of establishing a set of rules for this country to work from and for the government to be ruled from (in order to prevent a corruption of government and to keep it in check) if we just change all of those rules to give us easy workarounds to do exactly what "America was started in order to escape"?
So stupid.
There was a rumor at one point that Bush was pushing to make it so that "athiests couldn't vote" or something, involving voting using the church as your method, but I never saw factual evidence and therefore can't believe that one. There is one guy however who is pushing to ban wiccans and pagans from the military and to ban them from citizenship, its supposed to be the third runner for the presidency or something. And I know I've seen multiple times where they are actively discussing the removal of the "seperation of church and state" stance as they feel it interferes with the current lawmaking process.
So I am left wondering, what was the entire point of establishing a set of rules for this country to work from and for the government to be ruled from (in order to prevent a corruption of government and to keep it in check) if we just change all of those rules to give us easy workarounds to do exactly what "America was started in order to escape"?
So stupid.
![[Image: reijinchefsig.jpg]](http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b121/warpzone116/reijinchefsig.jpg)
"I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"

