08-17-2008, 03:56 PM
There is no argument against gay marriage in a secular sense. Religions can do what they like, it's their perogative. A gay man shouldn't want a church that opposes them to bless their union any more than a black man should want to join the KKK.
There is, however, a strong argument against gay parenthood. I personally oppose it. I reconciled myself long ago to the idea that raising a family would just be selfish to me, and I maintain the view, as does Blankenhorn, that the best environment for a child to be raised is within a stable heterosexual marriage. As a rule. There are of course exceptions, but I'm talking on the whole.
There is, however, a strong argument against gay parenthood. I personally oppose it. I reconciled myself long ago to the idea that raising a family would just be selfish to me, and I maintain the view, as does Blankenhorn, that the best environment for a child to be raised is within a stable heterosexual marriage. As a rule. There are of course exceptions, but I'm talking on the whole.

