Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Character Switch
#7
The reasons are various.

Major: Not really feeling the magic with Kid Buu anymore. While I'm sure you dudes've heard that sort of excuse before, it's pretty much the truth.

I say 'pretty much' because I do occasionally have some creative spurts with him, but for a while now he's been - not difficult - but frustrating to write him, because I'm not having fun while doing it. I know that I can change my character to be 'whatever I want' personality wise, but I just couldn't do that kind of a twist to Kid Buu, given all the work that's gone into giving him what little depth that he has. I simply don't want to play him as he is right now, but changing his personality to something else would at the very least strain believability to the breaking point, if not break his continuity entirely, and for me as a writer that's something that I really am unwilling to do.

Minors: When I was a n00b, part of the reason I chose Kid Buu was because I thought that his Regeneration capabilities would be worth more than just flavor. Today, I see how that might've been a little naive; how could someone expect to get benefits just for nabbing up a particular character? Silly. But its use as even a flavor ability has been restricted in the staff stuff that I've engaged in. As it was part of the initial reason of picking Kid Buu in particular, revelations since that time have made the choice less appealing.

Another reason I joined as Kibbles was because through my correspondance with Super Buu. We had a plan then on doing a lot of stuff together, and that was something I was really looking forward to. As it turns out, it wasn't really meant to be. I realized later that I had been put quite a lot of weight on my decision to be Kid Buu based on this previous plan, and if I'm going to be a character, I would really rather it be someone I would want entirely, and not someone I took because of some planned interaction with another.

As for 'why Sno', I was pretty much looking around for female humies, and she stood out. I'd be playing her older, of course.

I could probably come up with other reasons, though I'm surprised that people would question whether or not I'm serious. It's not like he (Kid Buu) has made a big impact and all. (At least, not that I'm aware of.) >_>


Edit: And yeah, Akane, I believe that is Sno in that figurine.
[Image: Bellesig6-1.jpg]
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Character Switch - by Belle Hibiki - 12-17-2006, 06:43 AM
Character Switch - by Alura - 12-17-2006, 06:50 AM
Character Switch - by Kaden - 12-17-2006, 07:08 AM
Character Switch - by OldNoriAccount - 12-17-2006, 07:12 AM
Character Switch - by Kaden - 12-17-2006, 07:15 AM
Character Switch - by OldNoriAccount - 12-17-2006, 07:22 AM
Character Switch - by Belle Hibiki - 12-17-2006, 07:39 AM
Character Switch - by OldNoriAccount - 12-17-2006, 07:42 AM
Character Switch - by Belle Hibiki - 12-17-2006, 07:45 AM
Character Switch - by Alura - 12-17-2006, 07:47 AM
Character Switch - by OldNoriAccount - 12-17-2006, 07:47 AM
Character Switch - by Belle Hibiki - 12-17-2006, 08:11 AM
Character Switch - by Alura - 12-17-2006, 08:20 AM
Character Switch - by Belle Hibiki - 12-17-2006, 08:22 AM
Character Switch - by Hellfighter 17 - 12-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Character Switch - by Kaden - 12-17-2006, 03:30 PM
Character Switch - by Rose - 12-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Character Switch - by Rem-13 - 12-17-2006, 06:08 PM
Character Switch - by Sullivan - 12-17-2006, 06:38 PM
Character Switch - by Ashe - 12-17-2006, 06:40 PM
Character Switch - by Sullivan - 12-17-2006, 06:44 PM
Character Switch - by Alura - 12-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Character Switch - by Belle Hibiki - 12-18-2006, 01:30 AM
Character Switch - by Belle Hibiki - 12-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Character Switch - by Kaden - 12-18-2006, 07:21 PM
Character Switch - by Belle Hibiki - 12-18-2006, 07:23 PM
Character Switch - by Celena - 12-18-2006, 07:55 PM
Character Switch - by Downy Peach - 12-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Character Switch - by Old Dave - 12-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Character Switch - by Piper Juunanagou - 12-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Character Switch - by Ashe - 12-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Character Switch - by Banned Dana - 12-18-2006, 10:35 PM
Character Switch - by Ashe - 12-18-2006, 10:42 PM
Character Switch - by Old Dave - 12-18-2006, 10:46 PM
Character Switch - by Grandpa Gohan - 12-18-2006, 11:12 PM
Character Switch - by OldNoriAccount - 12-18-2006, 11:16 PM
Character Switch - by Grandpa Gohan - 12-18-2006, 11:21 PM
Character Switch - by Belle Hibiki - 12-18-2006, 11:25 PM
Character Switch - by Kaden - 12-18-2006, 11:40 PM
Character Switch - by Banned Dana - 12-19-2006, 12:24 AM
Character Switch - by Mal Nova - 12-19-2006, 12:31 AM
Character Switch - by Sullivan - 12-19-2006, 12:35 AM
Character Switch - by Belle Hibiki - 12-19-2006, 03:41 AM
Character Switch - by OldNoriAccount - 12-19-2006, 03:49 AM
Character Switch - by Hellfighter 17 - 12-19-2006, 03:52 AM
Character Switch - by OldNoriAccount - 12-19-2006, 04:03 AM
Character Switch - by Alexander Trafford - 12-19-2006, 04:38 AM
Character Switch - by Banned Dana - 12-19-2006, 01:03 PM
Character Switch - by Belle Hibiki - 12-20-2006, 11:52 PM
Character Switch - by Hellfighter 17 - 12-21-2006, 12:34 AM
Character Switch - by Belle Hibiki - 12-21-2006, 12:57 AM
Character Switch - by Hellfighter 17 - 12-21-2006, 01:08 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)