06-30-2007, 06:48 AM
So, I'm trying my hand at writing a novel.
I decided to shelve the trilogy that's been brewing in my head for years - I guess for fear I'll screw it up - and instead, I'm trying something a little bit easier first.
Inspired by Initial D (Yeah, I'm a dork, I know), I'm gonna do a novelistic interpretation of the racing world, since I can't draw. I have my own distinct vision for what should happen, but much of the storyline hasn't yet been completed.
I've basically got key plot points tossed around and I'm writing to connect the dots. I'm very, very early in this (not even done chapter one), and I might consider posting it here chapter-by-chapter if the interest is existent.
But there is something I need you to do for me:
I thought it'd be neat to use alter-egos of my friends as characters whom the main character would eventually race or whatever. But I needed more characters, and, while I'm creating some of the more important ones from scratch, I thought it'd be neat to ask you guys to create a character representing yourself to appear in the novel.
So, if you're game, what I'd need is a name for your fictional self, and for you to choose a car for your character. The reason I'm asking you to choose the vehicle is because it'll help me reflect a wider range of tastes for autos, and it'll hopefully prevent any one bias toward any particular manufacturer.
The layout is pretty simple:
Name: (eg: Joe Cool)
Car: (eg: Toyota Supra)
Strength (if applicable): (eg: Drag racing/Trail braking/Drift/Etc)
Weakness (if applicable): (eg: Relies on ABS/Is afraid of dirt racing/Etc)
Don't expect me to make your character some kind of uber super driver, cuz I won't. That's pretty much reserved for the original characters.
And also, please, please, please be realistic with a vehicle choice. I'll accept a couple of Skylines, maybe a Viper or Corvette, but don't be picking Enzos and Aston Martins and stuff. Cuz I'll hurt you. Picking a more realistic car that could be modified to become a fast car is something I'd like for you to do. A Fairlady Z, Camaro, or even an M3 is way more believable than a Lamborginhi, you know what I mean?
Finally, yeah, this might not pan out. Especially considering I'm part winging it. But, hey, it's worth a shot, right? Something to do, anyway.
I decided to shelve the trilogy that's been brewing in my head for years - I guess for fear I'll screw it up - and instead, I'm trying something a little bit easier first.
Inspired by Initial D (Yeah, I'm a dork, I know), I'm gonna do a novelistic interpretation of the racing world, since I can't draw. I have my own distinct vision for what should happen, but much of the storyline hasn't yet been completed.
I've basically got key plot points tossed around and I'm writing to connect the dots. I'm very, very early in this (not even done chapter one), and I might consider posting it here chapter-by-chapter if the interest is existent.
But there is something I need you to do for me:
I thought it'd be neat to use alter-egos of my friends as characters whom the main character would eventually race or whatever. But I needed more characters, and, while I'm creating some of the more important ones from scratch, I thought it'd be neat to ask you guys to create a character representing yourself to appear in the novel.
So, if you're game, what I'd need is a name for your fictional self, and for you to choose a car for your character. The reason I'm asking you to choose the vehicle is because it'll help me reflect a wider range of tastes for autos, and it'll hopefully prevent any one bias toward any particular manufacturer.
The layout is pretty simple:
Name: (eg: Joe Cool)
Car: (eg: Toyota Supra)
Strength (if applicable): (eg: Drag racing/Trail braking/Drift/Etc)
Weakness (if applicable): (eg: Relies on ABS/Is afraid of dirt racing/Etc)
Don't expect me to make your character some kind of uber super driver, cuz I won't. That's pretty much reserved for the original characters.
And also, please, please, please be realistic with a vehicle choice. I'll accept a couple of Skylines, maybe a Viper or Corvette, but don't be picking Enzos and Aston Martins and stuff. Cuz I'll hurt you. Picking a more realistic car that could be modified to become a fast car is something I'd like for you to do. A Fairlady Z, Camaro, or even an M3 is way more believable than a Lamborginhi, you know what I mean?
Finally, yeah, this might not pan out. Especially considering I'm part winging it. But, hey, it's worth a shot, right? Something to do, anyway.
![[Image: Sage.jpg]](http://rebecca.florizone.com/sig/miscsig/Sage.jpg)

