Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Pc Games
#21
What laptop did I get?

Compaq presario V6500.
Reply
#22
I meant specs >_<

And you can run some older stuff on a 7150. WoW works on anything, for instance.
Reply
#23
Erm...

AMD Turion64x2 mobile technology 1.9 ghz
1.93GB RAM
NVIDIA Geforce 7150
Windows Vista Premium
160GB HD
Reply
#24
Waffuru Wrote:Eww a Dell. =(

I hope you don't have any problems with it, their support is known for not knowing anything.

Dell's in themselves aren't too bad computers (especially for the price) but yeah, support = teh sux0rz. Just post on here and us computer geeks'll fix it.
Reply
#25
I hate people that expect me to do tech support for them over the phone, with completely obscure problems, like I'm some sort of magic wizard who knows whats where on their system. Some people can do it maybe but I need to sit down and piss with stuff.

So back on topic;

I started replaying Rome Total War for the Xth time.

Best.

Game.

Ever.
Sinners make the best Saints
[Image: tobiasyu5.jpg]
Reply
#26
Tien Wrote:I hate people that expect me to do tech support for them over the phone, with completely obscure problems, like I'm some sort of magic wizard who knows whats where on their system. Some people can do it maybe but I need to sit down and piss with stuff.

I much prefer to piss with stuff too, but working at an ISP means you answer more problems with phone calls than keyboards. Most of the time it's just basic stuff anyway, so it's not too hard. But yeah, sometimes even basic problems can turn into a headache in the wrong hands.

Caller: (after I've helped her twice set up her dialup/email) I can't connect to the Internet, it comes up with [some error here]
Me: Ok, have you checked the phone line? Is that plugged into your computer?
Caller: Oh, that's what's wrong! (laugh)
Me: Yeah. (forced laugh, roll eyes)
Reply
#27
What's a paging file?
"I wasted time and now time doth waste me."
[Image: BuraSig.jpg]
"I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
Reply
#28
It's Virtual Memory that acts like RAM but is stored on the hard drive.
[Image: 22173.png]
Give waffuru an internets today!
[Image: 1324033725.png]
Reply
#29
Oh, awesome. Isn't virtual memory good to have, though?

I know Apples depend on that shit.
"I wasted time and now time doth waste me."
[Image: BuraSig.jpg]
"I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
Reply
#30
Bra Wrote:Oh, awesome. Isn't virtual memory good to have, though?

I know Apples depend on that shit.

It's a neccessity for the most part, but if you can get a setup like Waff wants, then you don't need it. It causes some overhead.
Reply
#31
You should always have virtual memory unless you have enough memory to not have it. I'm running 4gb of RAM and have a paging file that is about 4gb on my hard drive.
[Image: 22173.png]
Give waffuru an internets today!
[Image: 1324033725.png]
Reply
#32
Radeon 2600 HD (512MB DDR3) or GeForce 8600GT?

If they are close enough where I wouldn't tell the difference, then let me know. I just know there are WAAAAY more demos and positive reviews, not to mention threads about the 8600. I can't find anything about most of the Radeon card. Do they sux?
Reply
#33
I don't think you'd really notice a difference. What's it for?

But they're both mid-range cards so don't expect too much.
[Image: 22173.png]
Give waffuru an internets today!
[Image: 1324033725.png]
Reply
#34
I used to have use Radeon cards. I never had a problem with any of them. The only reason I switched to Nvidia was because there was a sale going on when I wanted to upgrade.

My only complaint about ATI is Catalyst. Or whatever comes packaged with their drivers. Its an incredibly minor complaint, though.

From what I found, each of the cards does a couple of things better/faster than the other. I'm sure you could find a more practical comparison between the two somewhere on the web. So, if money is an issue, I'd probably say go with the Radeon. If its not -- and it were me buying it -- then the Nvidia would be pick. Not by a lot though.

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/rade...e_preview/

I only spent a minute or so looking, but that seemed like a pretty decent chart.
[Image: RadOct.jpg]
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Reply
#35
As a sidenote there is a really awesome set of tools for tweaking ATI cards called ATI Tray Tools that will let you maximize the performance of your card if you go that route.

You should look at getting the GeForce 9600GT or the Radeon 3850. They're both way better. D:
[Image: 22173.png]
Give waffuru an internets today!
[Image: 1324033725.png]
Reply
#36
Waffuru Wrote:You should look at getting the GeForce 9600GT or the Radeon 3850. They're both way better. D:

And twice as much. =P
[Image: RadOct.jpg]
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Reply
#37
Worth the cash, though.
[Image: OrionAug11.jpg]
Reply
#38
screw that
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)