Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Fitness
Then perhaps the Iron Gym?

Edit: Or get the combo stand at Modell's. With it you'd be able to do dips and pull-ups without the need of a doorway.
[Image: Shun_Malevolence.png]
Reply
Started biking again.

Got an ancient bike for free - with two new tires! Let's see if I can stick to it.
[Image: Sage.jpg]
Reply
I really want a bike for stamina building
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
The cure is a shotgun, the cure is whatever blunt instrument one can salvage.Whomever finds themselves too proper will be the first to perish. And you know nothing that matters now.
[/COLOR]
Reply
I haven't been to the gym for about a month due to my studies and I'm noticing the lag in my fitness because of it. For instance, I could feel the strain from walking up five flights of stairs.

At the gym I warm up my body first and formost, paying particular attention to the area of my body which I want to work on, for about 15-20 minutes and then I start training. It's especially good to do a warm up before attempting to use any machine, regardless of how light you want to start off on a machine.
[Image: soifonf.jpg]

Does honesty earn respect or inspire revenge? Is it smarter to attack the strong or annihilate the weak?
Reply
I get woken up at 0415 and run ragged. For FREE!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply
I'm getting back into the right mindset for exercise. Did a good hour yesterday, got soccer on tonight, then back into it on Tuesday. Yaaaaahoooooooooooo
[Image: OrionAug11.jpg]
Reply
Gozen Wrote:I get woken up at 0415 and run ragged. For FREE!

That's because you signed your life away! WHeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
[Image: Dirty_Harry.png]
Reply
Kami Wrote:That's because you signed your life away! WHeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee


lol, INDEED I DID GOOD SIR. But the FUNNY thing is, it seems the more frequently I actually do their little exercises, the less well I do on the Physical Fitness tests they make us take. I ran a minute and a half FASTER sitting on my ass at every opportunity than I did at basic training when they had us work out three times a week. I've increased my pushups by 13 since I stopped doing them on my own at night. My situps are the same, but that's just you can't improve on perfection >_>
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply
260 now. I've lost most of my appetite, which isn't good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Image: Viper-Adjusted-Mini-Sig.png]
[Image: Trixie-Mini-Sig-Fixed.png]

Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Reply
Gozen Wrote:My situps are the same, but that's just you can't improve on perfection >_>

Loser talk. Do it whilst hugging a bag of gravel to the back of your head, s'what I've started doing. BEEFCAAAAKE
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply
Greg Wrote:Loser talk. Do it whilst hugging a bag of gravel to the back of your head, s'what I've started doing. BEEFCAAAAKE

Or place a 50 pound bag of cement on your chest and do it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Image: Viper-Adjusted-Mini-Sig.png]
[Image: Trixie-Mini-Sig-Fixed.png]

Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Reply
Or be a real man and hold two 50 lb weights one in each arm and do situps.
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
The cure is a shotgun, the cure is whatever blunt instrument one can salvage.Whomever finds themselves too proper will be the first to perish. And you know nothing that matters now.
[/COLOR]
Reply
Oitenta Wrote:Or be a real man and hold two 50 lb weights one in each arm and do situps.

You aren't a real man. How would you know the path to being one.

xD <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Image: Viper-Adjusted-Mini-Sig.png]
[Image: Trixie-Mini-Sig-Fixed.png]

Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Reply
Sit-ups are useless, they only do work on the upper half of your abdominals. Lay on a bench, with your back hanging off it, and then bend all the way down and then all the way up. Like super sit-ups. And combine that shit with other ab work outs. You don't need to add weights to your sit-ups to add effectiveness, that's stupid, add in other abdominal exercises if you want to see some real improvement. Sit-ups are not the end all of ab workouts.
[Image: alext.jpg]
Reply
When I say sit ups im referring to laying flat on your back. Your legs are lifted off the ground. And every time you come up you bring your legs up as well. Ive been doing them for about a month now every other day and im already flattening and tightening my upper and lower abdominals. My man pooch has drastically shrank down and i almost have a completely flat stomach.

Work outs are different for people and affect bodies differently. Mine may work for me but it might not work for you. Those extra 50lb weights used for resistence are seriously working tho.

Alex btw adding weights into a work out of any kind is usually a good means of building strength for a certain area. Like my abdominals. I hit a wall with regular sit ups and they started being less effective but with resistance im knocking the wall down.
(Btw I started going to a gym as well and my trainer is the one developing my system of workouts for my body type.)
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
The cure is a shotgun, the cure is whatever blunt instrument one can salvage.Whomever finds themselves too proper will be the first to perish. And you know nothing that matters now.
[/COLOR]
Reply
Yeah, those aren't sit-ups.

Edit: An old team trainer always referred to those as V-ups, and they are much more effective than sit-ups or crunches.
[Image: alext.jpg]
Reply
Alexander Trafford Wrote:Yeah, those aren't sit-ups.

Edit: An old team trainer always referred to those as V-ups, and they are much more effective than sit-ups or crunches.

Yup and if you can toss in a twisting movement here and there during it you can tighten and flatten your sides while working on your abs.
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
The cure is a shotgun, the cure is whatever blunt instrument one can salvage.Whomever finds themselves too proper will be the first to perish. And you know nothing that matters now.
[/COLOR]
Reply
V-ups are great as they are twice as effective as sit ups and crunches, but there is still more you could be doing to get the results you want. There are three planes of muscle groups in your stomach, most people don't know this thus they only work out one group. You need to do curling movements such as sit ups, crunches, or preferred v-ups. Then you need to do twist it motions such as wood choppers( twist your core while lifting a medicine ball diagonal across your body) and bend it motions which is just tilting your body in bobbing and weaving movements like a boxer, good work outs for this is simple holding weight in both hands and leaning side to side or the preferred hang man where you hang in pull up position and bring your legs up, bending you body in order to make your body form a c. This motion reminds me of skateboarding or snowboarding.

This will help you if you try it.

Edit: When gaining muscle, think of your movements, if you can move in a certain way, it takes muscle to do it. There are three different ways you can move your core, thus three different types of muscles with three different work outs. This idea workswith everything.

I am thinking about becoming a personal trainer, so.. this is kinda my thing. Only reason I haven't is because I'm still stuck in the "I'm gonna become a great fighter" dream... >.<
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]
Ashe Wrote:Attention all - SHUT UP BEFORE I SUCK THE FART OUT OF YOUR ASSHOLES.
Reply
Good suggestions on this page. I've been doing 'twists' with my situps and crunches, but I'm gonna try to do some things that incorporate 'bends'.
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply
PROTIP: Working out your abs does not, in fact, help you get a six-pack. If you continue to work out in general, your body will work through the fat reserve on your belly and show off your abdominal muscles.

However, they don't HURT because they'll make your abs large, and thus more prominent when you finally do work away the flab.

What I do to get a complete workout for my abs are called "Rockies". They involve doing whatever the fuck ab exercise you usually do (for me, that's inclined sit ups) and twisting your body left and right, touching the ground next to you while you move up towards your knees. If you want more resistance, you can always hold a weight to your chest. They will smoke the shit out of your sides and help you get some serious hip cuts.

As far as the crunches/situps/v-ups discussion goes, I like incline situps because they allow your whole body to flatten out to an even plane, allowing your entire stomach area to get a workout, but the MAIN reason being that they really help out your hip flexors, which are almost a bigger part of curling your body and building your core than the actual ab muscles. Also, hip cuts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)