Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
The Dark Knight.
#81
Wow. So it's generally accepted now that getting into his role as the Joker is what lead him to suicide? I just find that really hard to believe.
#82
I also meant to add that I don't think that was sole reason, if it was even a major reason at all. I find it hard to believe as well.

But I think the idea is that he was getting no sleep getting into character (it is harder on the mind than people think), and ended up taking a deadly combination of sleeping pills. By accident, apparently.

I, HOWEVER, BELIEVE HE WAS MURDERED. By, uh... Courtney Love? Yeah, that should get you guys going.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
#83
He apparently was a method actor (not hard to believe...those people scare me...) and like stayed in character all the time/always wore the makeup...trust me, getting into a character can be an odd experience...
[Image: Sprite2.jpg]

ifth = I Find That Humorous
#84
apparently his last role also had something to do with it. The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus or sumthin.

^ didn't hear wearing the makeup all the time. apparantly the thing was he was very different in and out of character he scared bale when they first filmed a scene together. [spoiler]


































interrogation scene

























[/spoiler]

[Image: picture.php?albumid=31&pictureid=126]

Bio: Juno | Active Thread: The Invasion - Bad Medicine
#85
Damn Courtney Love!

First Kurt Cobain and now this. When will that skank ever stop?
[Image: picture.php?albumid=26&pictureid=181]
Quote:Vad's Whimsical Whimsicalisms: Men.  Good stuff there.
[Image: Viper-Mini-Sig-Piper.png]
Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

#86
Zangya, I hear they're gonna have someone else complete his role in that movie. Like, he walked into a mirror and ends up Johhny Depp for the rest of the film.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
#87
They cast like three different actors to show different "versions" of his character. It's like these really famous creepy movie/comedy actors.

EDIT: From IMDB.

Heath Ledger ... Tony

Johnny Depp

Colin Farrell

Jude Law

[Image: picture.php?albumid=31&pictureid=126]

Bio: Juno | Active Thread: The Invasion - Bad Medicine
#88
Dammit, dammit, dammit. I HAVE to see this film. ;.;
[Image: CringleSignature-Base-Final.jpg]
#89
Yes you do.
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
#90
Hey, good news...it kicks just as much ass the second time.
[Image: Sprite2.jpg]

ifth = I Find That Humorous
#91
According to Waffuru, it's pretty fantastic the fifth time too.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
#92
Going to see it a third time soon-ish. Maybe a fourth.

[Image: picture.php?albumid=31&pictureid=126]

Bio: Juno | Active Thread: The Invasion - Bad Medicine
#93
I've seen it three times so far.


After the first time around, everything after the boat scene gets boring.
[Image: 1stAerosig.png]
Placed 3rd in Dante's Abyss 08
#94
But the boat scene is a long way in =P

EDIT: Unless you mean the boat with the Russian dancers, in which case, Lao had always been the low point of the movie =P

[Image: picture.php?albumid=31&pictureid=126]

Bio: Juno | Active Thread: The Invasion - Bad Medicine
#95
Quote:Spencer Taylor, a 20 year old from Michigan, was arrested Sunday morning.

His crime?

He was allegedly trying to steal Batman posters, as well as other collectibles, from a movie theater nearby.

And even better, he went dressed at the Joker!

Taylor, an apparent Dark Knight fan, went to the Three Rivers Cinema to steal the items.

The Joker wannabe was charged with felony larceny and malicious destruction of property.

He was booked and photographed with and without the makeup for his mug shots.

Why so serious?????

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/yea...oker1.html
#96
To state clearly:

I love this movie in an almost sexual way.
[Image: Yamusig3copy.jpg]

Dante's Abyss 2007 Runner-Up
#97
Almost? I fapped it three times the morning after the debut. =(
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
#98
Yeah, so I'm finally going to see the Dark Knight tonight. You can all laugh now, about how incredibly late I am.
[Image: soifonf.jpg]

Does honesty earn respect or inspire revenge? Is it smarter to attack the strong or annihilate the weak?
#99
I still don't understand how this won't break Titanic's movie record. Was Titanic that big of a deal?
The official word is accidental overdose. It was a mixture of drugs that killed him, not any one.

I see no reason to believe otherwise.


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)