Posts: 19
Threads: 414
Joined: Jul 2004
08-03-2008, 09:42 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2008, 12:39 AM by Piper Juunanagou.)
We've done a few tweaks to the power ups, so pay attention, because this affects everybody!
KAIOKEN
Kaioken Trained and Super Kaioken are now available to all races. Kaioken Trained still provides a x25 power up, but Super Kaioken now gives a x45 boost. Those who are non-transformers that have Kaioken are now eligible to go back and train for Kaioken Trained.
- Those people are: Orion, Celipa, Toshiro, Raditzu, Kakarot, Android 18
Anyone who has Kaioken Trained is eligible to train for Super Kaioken.
- Those people are: Yamu, Android 17, Krillin, Minoshia, Amadeus, Violet
And just as a reminder for those of you who were accepted to King Kai's but did not finish your training, you may go back and pick those quests up again at anytime you are able to find a ride there.
- Those people are: Bardock, Mowgli, Bra, Raz, Broli, Super Buu
SUPER SPIRITKEN
Since Kaioken is now available to everyone, non-transformers will have their own unique second tier, appropriately named "Super Spiritken," which will give the standard x40 boost. There are only a few non-transformers with a power up, but, here they are:
Spiritken (untrained) - Jeice, Kirano, Aero
Spiritken (trained) - Burter, Violet, Super Buu
If there is anyone that I have left off these lists, please post here and show me you're qualified. For the two people who already have Super Kaioken (Burter and Tobias) you have the option of either taking a Kaioken x40, or Super Spiritken. Super Kaioken will no longer be a x40 for you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=So wake me when it's through
I don't want to feel the things that you do
Don't worry, I'll be fine
I just don't want this dream, wake me up inside=_
Posts: 54
Threads: 182
Joined: Apr 2008
Question: As far as the order in which these abilities must be trained for, I'm assuming it goes something like this:
Tier 1 - Kaioken
Tier 1.5 - Kaioken (Trained)
Tier 2 - Super Kaioken
Tier 1 - Spiritken
Tier 1.5 - Spiritken (Trained)
Tier 2 - Super Spiritken
This is just for clarification.
Posts: 32
Threads: 303
Joined: May 2006
Spiritken trained and Kaioken trained are considered tier 1. We don't do .5
Does honesty earn respect or inspire revenge? Is it smarter to attack the strong or annihilate the weak?
Posts: 54
Threads: 182
Joined: Apr 2008
Ah, so Spiritken and Kaioken are basically "prequels" to the Tier 1 power-ups themselves.
Also, how would one go about training for Super Spiritken? Are there any specific sets of quests, like the ones laid out for Spiritken trained? (e.g. Train Body, Train Mind, Train Soul)
Posts: 19
Threads: 414
Joined: Jul 2004
As of right now, Super Spiritken requirements are not set, therefore it's not yet available to be trained for.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=So wake me when it's through
I don't want to feel the things that you do
Don't worry, I'll be fine
I just don't want this dream, wake me up inside=_
Posts: 54
Threads: 182
Joined: Apr 2008
Mmmkay, so, one last clarification: this means that the only people it is available to are Burter, Violet, and Super Buu?
Posts: 66
Threads: 133
Joined: Dec 2005
As far as I can make out, these changes are to:
1) Provide non-transformers with a (presumably) easier to access Tier2 and
2) Make the admittance to the Grand Kai that much more valuable to people of every race.
Posts: 19
Threads: 414
Joined: Jul 2004
Zangya: Yes, as well as Tobias if he chooses it.
Belle: Correct.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=So wake me when it's through
I don't want to feel the things that you do
Don't worry, I'll be fine
I just don't want this dream, wake me up inside=_
Posts: 9
Threads: 945
Joined: Jan 2004
I have Super Kaioken. Do I revert to Super Spiritken, which is x40, or do I go up to x45?
Posts: 19
Threads: 414
Joined: Jul 2004
You either get regular Kaioken which becomes a x40, or Super Spiritken, which is a x40.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=So wake me when it's through
I don't want to feel the things that you do
Don't worry, I'll be fine
I just don't want this dream, wake me up inside=_
Posts: 80
Threads: 225
Joined: Aug 2005
I moved my name from the Kaioken (trained) list to the Super Kaioken list, since I earned Kaioken (Trained) a couple of week ago and am currently on Grand Kai.
Quote:Vad's Whimsical Whimsicalisms: Men. Good stuff there.
![[Image: Viper-Mini-Sig-Piper.png]](http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/ThundercatsHO/Viper-Mini-Sig-Piper.png)
Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
but anyone can start today and make a new ending.
Posts: 63
Threads: 218
Joined: Jan 2005
So to attain Super KK you STILL need to be granted permission from the Grand Kai (Staff)?
While SSK will have other training requirements like SK currently does?
Dante's Abyss 2007 Runner-Up
Posts: 61
Threads: 398
Joined: Oct 2005
I was accepted for Kai's before, sparred with Burter on Kai's planet, and almost started my training ... then got revived for reasons I forget (saga?). I was planning to go back and finish my training at some point (if I ever get re-active), that's still possible right?
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Posts: 54
Threads: 182
Joined: Apr 2008
Yamu Wrote:So to attain Super KK you STILL need to be granted permission from the Grand Kai (Staff)?
While SSK will have other training requirements like SK currently does?
Bardock Wrote:As of right now, Super Spiritken requirements are not set, therefore it's not yet available to be trained for. .
Posts: 19
Threads: 414
Joined: Jul 2004
Super Buu Wrote:I was accepted for Kai's before, sparred with Burter on Kai's planet, and almost started my training ... then got revived for reasons I forget (saga?). I was planning to go back and finish my training at some point (if I ever get re-active), that's still possible right?
Yes. I remember seeing those posts now, and I'll include you in the list.
Yamu Wrote:So to attain Super KK you STILL need to be granted permission from the Grand Kai (Staff)?
While SSK will have other training requirements like SK currently does?
Super KK, yes, you still need permission from staff/Grand Kai to train there, but those who already received permission for any King Kai/Grand Kai quests can resume them provided they have a way to get there.
Super Spiritken does not have requirements set yet, although it will be like Spiritken, in which you can customize its appearance within reason.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=So wake me when it's through
I don't want to feel the things that you do
Don't worry, I'll be fine
I just don't want this dream, wake me up inside=_
Posts: 19
Threads: 414
Joined: Jul 2004
Also, anyone who has completed the Kaioken line of quests will retroactively receive Kaioken Trained that were not previously eligible for it. Please submit proof upon claim.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=So wake me when it's through
I don't want to feel the things that you do
Don't worry, I'll be fine
I just don't want this dream, wake me up inside=_
Posts: 115
Threads: 680
Joined: May 2003
Bardock Wrote:Also, anyone who has completed the Kaioken line of quests will retroactively receive Kaioken Trained that were not previously eligible for it. Please submit proof upon claim.
Would that be me?
Since I have Kaioken x 15, do I need to do more training to get it to x25? I'm a little ocnfused.
Posts: 9
Threads: 945
Joined: Jan 2004
I suppose I will just go to Kaioken (Trained) and keep my x40. I don't really like that I'm forced to just forget Burter had Super Kaioken for two years
EDIT:
Also, how do I go about receiving Super Kaioken, now? Do the Grand Kai again?
Posts: 32
Threads: 303
Joined: May 2006
Burter Wrote:Also, how do I go about receiving Super Kaioken, now? Do the Grand Kai again?
Perhaps you could have the Grand Kai call you back to do one extra task to acheive it. It wouldn't make sense you starting from scratch.
Does honesty earn respect or inspire revenge? Is it smarter to attack the strong or annihilate the weak?
Posts: 9
Threads: 945
Joined: Jan 2004
I wouldn't mind doing them, I just want to know what Bardock thinks I should do
|