Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Don LaFontaine, 68, dies
#1
He's the guy who does all the movie trailers.

Article

If you still don't know who he is, there's a YouTube clip of what he sounds like. Guaranteed if you hear his voice you'll know who he is.

This summer was not kind to famous people.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=So wake me when it's through
I don't want to feel the things that you do
Don't worry, I'll be fine
I just don't want this dream, wake me up inside=_
Reply
#2
I always thought that was just a voice modifier. I had no idea it was the same guy
Reply
#3
Thats honestly really sad, he seemed like such a genuinely lovely guy.

I know 68 isn't young, however a collapsed lung is not a nice way to go, I'd have wished a much more peaceful death for a man that did so much for the entertainment business, for so little fame in return.
"There are not fifty ways of fighting, there’s only one, and that’s to win."
[Image: druusigwip3xm8.jpg][Roster]---------------------------------------------------------[Vault]


Reply
#4
He was a pimp.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
#5
Burter Wrote:I always thought that was just a voice modifier. I had no idea it was the same guy

Aye.

Is he the same person who does the voice for the WWE then?
[Image: soifonf.jpg]

Does honesty earn respect or inspire revenge? Is it smarter to attack the strong or annihilate the weak?
Reply
#6
Well said, Jack.
"Maria..."
[Image: Sullivanbarscopy.jpg]
"...my star...'"
Quote:frickinegg 4:46 pm
To me, the thread is less about criticizing/defending Avatar and more about wondering how stoned Jack was when he saw the movie/made the thread.
Reply
#7
Ah, wow. It's sad to hear of his passing. Rest in peace Don LaFontaine. =(
[Image: CringleSignature-Base-Final.jpg]
Reply
#8
Kirano Wrote:Aye.

Is he the same person who does the voice for the WWE then?

I believe so. I heard about it yesterday and was like "Aw damn it all.". Movie trailers aren't going to be the same without him.
Reply
#9
That sucks. Maybe Keith David will have some more work though. That nukka's voice is fucking HOT.

[Image: siggy2.jpg]

Vad: Found my dicks btw
Vad: *DISCS
Kaz: XD!!!!XDXDXD!!
Kaz: oh man
Kaz: that was an awesome typo!
Vad: I MEANT ROUND CYLINDRICAL THINGS
Kaz: XD XD XD
Kaz: HAHAHHHAHHHAHA

Reply
#10
He is NOT a ring announcer for WWE.

o.O
Reply
#11
Burter Wrote:He is NOT a ring announcer for WWE.

o.O

The WWE ring announcer is Tom Chimel. I'm talking about the guy who does the trailers for WWE PPV's.
[Image: soifonf.jpg]

Does honesty earn respect or inspire revenge? Is it smarter to attack the strong or annihilate the weak?
Reply
#12
Oh.

Yea, that's probably him

EDIT:

Oh, but TONY Chimel is ECW's ring announcer, so he's not the only one.

=o
Reply
#13
I must have mistook him for Justin Roberts.
[Image: soifonf.jpg]

Does honesty earn respect or inspire revenge? Is it smarter to attack the strong or annihilate the weak?
Reply
#14
That's Smackdown's announcer.
Reply
#15
Complete and utter pimp. I'm gonna miss his voice.

On the other hand, I've wanted to get into voice acting for a while and I can do a perfect impression of Don. Maybe this heralds an opening for me? =o
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply
#16
You and me both, Greg.
Reply
#17
Just get Pablo Francisco to do the new voice.
[Image: 1stAerosig.png]
Placed 3rd in Dante's Abyss 08
Reply
#18
XD He could do it too.

[Image: siggy2.jpg]

Vad: Found my dicks btw
Vad: *DISCS
Kaz: XD!!!!XDXDXD!!
Kaz: oh man
Kaz: that was an awesome typo!
Vad: I MEANT ROUND CYLINDRICAL THINGS
Kaz: XD XD XD
Kaz: HAHAHHHAHHHAHA

Reply
#19
Nappa Wrote:You and me both, Greg.

Let's du-et.
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)