Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
"Axe" products
#1
I've been reading all about healthy, green living and I came across this article about men coating themselves in Axe products trying to attract women with it. The article talked about all the chemicals they use to make Axe products and what they can possibly lead to with extended use.

Article: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/your-ax...-sick.html

Quoted:

"I put Axe into the cosmetics chemical safety database Skin Deep. Low and behold, 66 products showed up and they fell into a range of moderately hazardous to the most highly hazardous categories. Axe Shower Gel Recovery, the bodywash/cleanser, had a highly hazardous score because the ingredients in the product are linked to cancer, developmental/reproductive toxicity , violations, restrictions and warnings, allergies/immunotoxicity, neurotoxicity, endocrine disruption, bioaccumulation, organ system toxicity, and more. Need I go on? Your body is telling you the truth. This stuff isn’t good for you."

I know this sounds like hippie talk, but even if isn't bad for you, it smells awful and you should really consider finding an alternative. You may think because of the commercials that it's attracting women, but in reality you are turning them away by bathing yourself in chemicals that make them nauseous. Please for the love of humanity, get some real cologne!
[Image: Natasja.jpg]
Reply
#2
Axe suxs. LYNX ftw.
[Image: soifonf.jpg]

Does honesty earn respect or inspire revenge? Is it smarter to attack the strong or annihilate the weak?
Reply
#3
People actually thought that coating themselves in Lynx/Axe would attract women? Desperation and stupidity form a hilarious team.

I'm honestly having trouble finding shaving/deodorant products that aren't horribly unethical or otherwise filled with all kinds of shit. In supermarkets at least.
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply
#4
Super Buu Wrote:People actually thought that coating themselves in Lynx/Axe would attract women? Desperation and stupidity form a hilarious team.

LMAO!
[Image: soifonf.jpg]

Does honesty earn respect or inspire revenge? Is it smarter to attack the strong or annihilate the weak?
Reply
#5
Amen for this article, I use the body spray/deodorant every few months because my mother or sister will pick me up a can. If they didn't I wouldn't use it. But yea these guys on campus have the bus smelling like an Axe factory. Makes no sense.

Whatever happened to old fashioned bathing and a spritz of cologne?
Reply
#6
I don't actually like any of the Axe scents.
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
#7
None of them compares to Polo.
Reply
#8
Axe smells awesome to me. Haven't used it in a while though... I'm an Old Spice man myself. People tell me it makes me smell like an old man, I tell them to shut up.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
Reply
#9
I wear Old Spice, but I wear the After Hours scent. Not even exaggerating, I get at least one compliment a day because of how good I smell.

The After Hours smells girly, though. And girls like girly smelling things. xD
"Maria..."
[Image: Sullivanbarscopy.jpg]
"...my star...'"
Quote:frickinegg 4:46 pm
To me, the thread is less about criticizing/defending Avatar and more about wondering how stoned Jack was when he saw the movie/made the thread.
Reply
#10
I used Old Spice Original.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Image: Viper-Adjusted-Mini-Sig.png]
[Image: Trixie-Mini-Sig-Fixed.png]

Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Reply
#11
I like the smell of Axe. That said, I don't bathe in cologne/spray/whatever like most of these people who like Axe do.

Nice heads-up though. Had no idea it was so dangerous.
[Image: Sage.jpg]
Reply
#12
Just don't eeeat it. The shower gel, that is.
Reply
#13
I wouldn't ever try to smell good from a deodorant. Just use something that'll mask BO everyday and then when you want to actually smell nice use cologne/aftershave/whatever.
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply
#14
Sometimes I want to smell like an axe.
[Image: v4339d.png]
When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
Reply
#15
I prefer man smell. Not ass smell, but just the delicate smell that's left behind on a tee shirt or just.. there. I like the Axe scents sometimes, but it ain't got shit on the slight musk of guy.

This, however, is no excuse not to bathe daily.

[Image: siggy2.jpg]

Vad: Found my dicks btw
Vad: *DISCS
Kaz: XD!!!!XDXDXD!!
Kaz: oh man
Kaz: that was an awesome typo!
Vad: I MEANT ROUND CYLINDRICAL THINGS
Kaz: XD XD XD
Kaz: HAHAHHHAHHHAHA

Reply
#16
Garlic Jr Wrote:Sometimes I want to smell like an axe.

Did you... spray axe body spray on this? *holds up dildo*

Like... a can and a half.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply
#17
I sprayed someone in the face with Axe once. Now I feel like a douche.
Reply
#18
I use the old spice, my Grandpa used it and so my grandma always used to buy it for me.
Reply
#19
I'm pretty sure oxygen is a leading cause of cancer so put that in your bong and smoke it, hippie.
[Image: rsz_jqvaz_1.jpg]
Reply
#20
... Seriously?

>.>

*Holds breath*
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)