Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How many of you are writers in "real life"?
#1
How many of you are writers in "real life"? Has anybody written professionally, or has attempted to get published with your original work? Do any of you have dreams of being published? Or does everyone see this as only a hobby?
Reply
#2
I am attempting (failing) to participate in NaNoWriMo

But yeah. Someday I'd like to see publishing happen. I lack the time and notlazyness to really refine myself much anymore.
[Image: v4339d.png]
When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
Reply
#3
I'd like to be published. Until I start schooling writing is a hobby reserved to Chubbs. Wrote a short story or twom but they're gone.
Reply
#4
During my RPing peak I used to write a lot and enjoyed it enough to consider attempting some type of career in the field of writing. Since than I've cooled off and really just consider writing a hobby, albeit one that I've lost quite a bit of the spark for.
[Image: Namek_Child.jpg]
Reply
#5
I echo Tapion's sentiments. I'd like to get into it like I used to, but no time + no motivation doesn't work out.
[Image: OrionAug11.jpg]
Reply
#6
It's always been a hobby, but I think that just having it up on the web would be considered 'published' enough for me.

[Image: siggy2.jpg]

Vad: Found my dicks btw
Vad: *DISCS
Kaz: XD!!!!XDXDXD!!
Kaz: oh man
Kaz: that was an awesome typo!
Vad: I MEANT ROUND CYLINDRICAL THINGS
Kaz: XD XD XD
Kaz: HAHAHHHAHHHAHA

Reply
#7
I'm working on a novel, but as my lack of roleplaying on these and other forums would show...I don't really have the spare time. I have the motivation and the inspiration, but my schedule just likes to jack my shit up.
[Image: picture.php?albumid=26&pictureid=181]
Quote:Vad's Whimsical Whimsicalisms: Men.  Good stuff there.
[Image: Viper-Mini-Sig-Piper.png]
Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Reply
#8
I've attempted to get published, though it wasn't in anything more glamorous than local publications.

I definitely do have aspirations of writing professionally, but I don't expect to make an actual career out of it. Getting a book or two published is something I'd really like to do.

Sadly, I don't expect to make much headway until I'm done with school. Schoolwork just takes up too much of my energy to be able to write anything I'm really happy with.
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
#9
Garlic Jr Wrote:I am attempting (failing) to participate in NaNoWriMo

Same here.
Reply
#10
By the time I remembered it was NaNoWriMo, I had already lost ten days.

=(
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
#11
I've written a number of short stories for my creative writing course. I'm working on one right now, aimed for children. No novel wirtten though. No desire to write one.
[Image: soifonf.jpg]

Does honesty earn respect or inspire revenge? Is it smarter to attack the strong or annihilate the weak?
Reply
#12
I'm debating myself exactly what I want in life. I'm debating between go backing to college, or just going for it the old fashion way.
Reply
#13
My writing usually reflects my mood. I write because I can release emotions into it. I form my characters around what I am feeling alot.

For those of you who have read my Vad stuff. >.> Don't even ASK me that.

Yeah, It's my emotional release. And by using the emotions with music, it spawns ideas out of thin air.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Image: Viper-Adjusted-Mini-Sig.png]
[Image: Trixie-Mini-Sig-Fixed.png]

Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Reply
#14
Yep. I have three novels, pretty much done. In my head. Can't get it on paper. Don't know why.
[Image: Sage.jpg]
Reply
#15
Im an English/Literature Major and i plan on going into the Journalism field.
Reply
#16
I would really like to make a living off writing but, as people who know me are probably aware, I am terminally paranoid about my writing sucking and not realizing it.
[Image: Bellesig6-1.jpg]
Reply
#17
Bra Wrote:Yep. I have three novels, pretty much done. In my head. Can't get it on paper. Don't know why.

What genre do you write in? I have a few "mystery" ideas myself.
Reply
#18
I'd like to become a published writer. I've been constantly adjusting my idea since I was in secondary school, it sounds like development hell but it's been one of the major sources of my learning (especially identifying why I want certain things to be a certain way, I had forgotten some of my influences).

The way it looks though, I'll have to start writing it very soon.
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)