11-17-2008, 05:09 AM
Good movie. Not as good as Casino Royale but it was really good nonetheless.
![[Image: Sage.jpg]](http://rebecca.florizone.com/sig/miscsig/Sage.jpg)
|
Quantum of Solace
|
|
11-17-2008, 05:09 AM
Good movie. Not as good as Casino Royale but it was really good nonetheless.
![]()
11-17-2008, 07:42 AM
I thought it was better than Casino. Constant explosions is generic, but that's more entertaining than watching a scripted poker game.
11-17-2008, 09:38 AM
LOL, that movie was a huge ass poker game.
Plan on using this to reunite with a group of my old friends. Are there "bitches" and "phat whips"? Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
11-17-2008, 03:24 PM
Bra Wrote:Good movie. Not as good as Casino Royale but it was really good nonetheless. ^ That was my opinion, too. ![]() Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
11-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Jack Wrote:Are there "bitches" and "phat whips"? ![]() ![]() Does that count? ![]() Vad: Found my dicks btw Vad: *DISCS Kaz: XD!!!!XDXDXD!! Kaz: oh man Kaz: that was an awesome typo! Vad: I MEANT ROUND CYLINDRICAL THINGS Kaz: XD XD XD Kaz: HAHAHHHAHHHAHA
11-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Yes, Jack.
The latest Bond girl is really attractive, aside from the whole burn-mark thing (which is probably just for the movie anyway) and Bond promptly wrecks an Aston Martin DB-S in like the first five minutes of the movie. So yes. Bitches and fat whips. ![]()
11-17-2008, 05:13 PM
I heard it sucked.
![]() Mal Nova Wrote:I do apologize for using the word rape. There are four separate definitions for the word rape, two of which describe vegetation...
11-17-2008, 05:17 PM
I didn't hear it sucked, I just heard it is becoming nothing like the Bond movie franchise. Pretty much replacing all the old charm with violence.
Quote: "for a quarter million a year growing weed, i'd fucking be gay. with dick on the side." - Laura, on mairjuana
11-17-2008, 06:28 PM
I liked it more than Casino Royale.
Regardless, it's a Bond movie. If you go in expecting anything else, you're probably going to be disappointed. ![]() "It's on my brain, driving me insane. It's on my mind, all of the time, and if it left... I would be fine."
11-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Casino Royale kicked ass.
![]() Mal Nova Wrote:I do apologize for using the word rape. There are four separate definitions for the word rape, two of which describe vegetation...
11-20-2008, 04:18 AM
Never liked the Bond films. Probably because they detail a pretty typical Englishman's life.
So dull.
11-20-2008, 04:36 PM
Casino Royale was pretty good, too much card playing for me. Die Another Day is my favorite J.B movie.
11-20-2008, 10:49 PM
... I think the actual time the camera focused on the card playing in CR amounted to no more than five minutes. Not sure where that complaint is coming from.
Quantum of Solace. Running time: 106 minutes. Actual time plot is coherent: 10 minutes. (5 at beginning, 5 at end.) ![]()
11-20-2008, 11:39 PM
That's not true. The plot in Quantum of Solace was pretty easy to follow. O.o
![]()
11-20-2008, 11:47 PM
Bra Wrote:That's not true. The plot in Quantum of Solace was pretty easy to follow. O.o I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with Bra. EDIT: Sorry. That was dumb. I agree with him all the time. ![]() "It's on my brain, driving me insane. It's on my mind, all of the time, and if it left... I would be fine."
11-21-2008, 01:12 AM
Maybe I was tired or something, but I lost track of how this money... led to that guy... which led to this guy who is apparently a dick trying to overthrow the Bolivian gov't... Oh and he wants water or something... except he drowns people in oil?... Wait, how does this guy = source of moles?
I guess that last question was what kept bothering the heck out of me the entire time. ![]()
11-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Bond went out looking for one thing and kind of stumbled onto the whole Bolivia thing. He didn't lead to the source of moles, and barely gave them any information about the people who would.
It's like playing an RPG and running into a really cool side-quest. ![]() "It's on my brain, driving me insane. It's on my mind, all of the time, and if it left... I would be fine."
11-22-2008, 05:41 AM
The first time I saw the trailer for this movie I kinda died a little. The second one I saw when seeing Max Payne made more sense.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
![]() ![]() Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
11-22-2008, 08:41 AM
Oh, btw. kinda a spoiler alert.
I enjoyed this movie. What i like most about the Bond movies is that they seem more "linked". The old Bond movies, especially the Brosnan ones that i'm most familiar with, seemed like random missions. Casino Royale rolled into Quantum of Solace, and now this one will lead into the next one. Mr. White (Guy from end of CR and beginning of QS, who also makes an appearance as the only Quantum member who doesn't leave the opera) is still alive and at large, and the majority of members of Quantum are still at large and capable of operating without Greene. ![]() |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|