01-10-2009, 05:44 AM
![[Image: Sage.jpg]](http://rebecca.florizone.com/sig/miscsig/Sage.jpg)
|
Yahtzee Hates Your Games
|
|
"Rest in peace you preachy over-written pile of tripe"
XD Haven't actually played MGS4 but that pretty much described the rest of the series for me, gameplay and humour aside. FUCKING CARTOON RAT ![]() Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
01-14-2009, 03:26 AM
Sage Wrote:2008 Yahtzee Game Awards! This is awesome. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
![]() ![]() Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
01-14-2009, 04:10 AM
Agreed.
01-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Give a frustrated idiot a voice (read, the Internet), and they will surely find a masterpiece to mock.
![]() Mal Nova Wrote:I do apologize for using the word rape. There are four separate definitions for the word rape, two of which describe vegetation...
01-15-2009, 10:40 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
I totally called it! XD XD XD ![]()
01-15-2009, 11:45 PM
Doesn't change facts, fraulein =)
![]() Mal Nova Wrote:I do apologize for using the word rape. There are four separate definitions for the word rape, two of which describe vegetation...
01-16-2009, 12:26 AM
Must... resist... urge....
01-16-2009, 12:52 AM
Oh no, I agree. It definitely doesn't change the fact you feel an inexplicable urge to attach your ego to a video game. <3
And it's not like he didn't make valid points. He just does it in an overly-aggravated manner. Heaven forbid he be blunt. ![]()
01-16-2009, 03:42 AM
Sage Wrote:Oh no, I agree. It definitely doesn't change the fact you feel an inexplicable urge to attach your ego to a video game. <3 Haha, that'd be a bit hard to prove, I think. ![]() Mal Nova Wrote:I do apologize for using the word rape. There are four separate definitions for the word rape, two of which describe vegetation...
01-19-2009, 02:06 AM
MGS4's failing to me was neither in its long cinematics or convoluted storyline, but its lack of satisfying stealth missions.
MGS3 is still da best yall ![]() When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
01-19-2009, 02:17 AM
MGS 3 was pathetic.
You take a step, change your camo. Take a step again, change your camo again. Repeat ten billion times, add some random chick with boobs, and crappy boss-battles save one (The End) and that's MGS 3. Oh, and add Ocelot's stupid hand thing. Who is he, the Fonz?
01-19-2009, 04:17 AM
MGS4 forgot stealth. And it's not very good as a shooter.
MGS3 messed up the camo thing but it was still really good. Addition of CQC = awesome. Although it's... sketchy on lots of details (WHY CAN THE PAIN SHOOT BEES!?). Best is, by far, still MGS2, in my opinion. ![]()
01-19-2009, 04:32 AM
MGS4 didn't forget about stealth, it simply included it in a whole new way. The very idea is that there is nowhere to hide. That's why there's Octo-Camo.
I'm not too sure where the "no stealth" idea is coming from. Try playing the game on a harder difficulty without all the kick-ass guns without any stealth, and see how far that gets you. Alerts jack your stress way up, which is quite deadly in the long run. It's not the same stealth as before, but the concept of "You'll do better if you stay hidden" is still very, very present. ![]() Mal Nova Wrote:I do apologize for using the word rape. There are four separate definitions for the word rape, two of which describe vegetation...
01-19-2009, 05:40 AM
You imply I don't already play on a high difficulty.
This also seems reminiscent of people saying "If you're not playing Halo on Hard or Legendary you're not playing it for real." It's not true. The game just isn't as good as it used to be. I'm not saying it sucks, but it's certainly a big step in the wrong direction. ![]()
01-19-2009, 05:47 AM
Yahtzee can sometimes be absolutely correct, but it's important to remember that his primary purpose is to entertain. I had a ton of fun in Halo 3's co-op campaign, for instance, but Yahtzee (from what I remember) didn't think very much of the game. YMMV.
![]() Jonathan Meer Wrote:Give a frustrated idiot a voice (read, the Internet), and they will surely find a masterpiece to mock. This is actually the greatest thing you've ever said. If I ever feel the slightest urge to take anything you say seriously from now, I'm looking back to this glorious moment. As for Halo multiplayer, it is potentially good yet marred by the cretin factor. I cannot physically bring myself to play a game with those people.
01-19-2009, 09:08 AM
I'm stealing the phrase 'the cretin factor'. It certainly fucks up a lot of otherwise good games.
![]() Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially. |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|