Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Any Good? (Warhammer)
#1
Anyone play it?

Just upgraded my machine and was wondering what people thought of it.
Reply
#2
'Good' is such a subjective term in MMORPGs.

What War is is a PvP focused game, specializing particularly in Realm Vs. Realm combat.

There are four 'tiers' of PvP, each representing a level bracket. T1 is 1-11. T2 is 8-21. T3 is 18-31, and T4 is 28-40. Each 'tier' - each tier consisting of at least two zones - has objectives that can be captured and, at T2+, Keeps that can be ransacked for chances at loot and control of the zone for your side. Controlling the zone offers numerous small rewards, ranging from bonus Renown on kills (renown levels being a sort of "PvP level" system that gives you extra goodies) to bonuses selling and buying at merchants. All of this is leading up to T4, where Destruction and Order vie continually over the massive fortresses within each racial pairing. Capture two of the three enemy forts, and you can push on to sacking the enemy capital, where awesome lewtz awaits for those daring enough.

For those who don't like the raid-vs-raid warfare that can stretch on for hours, there are Scenarios. Akin to WoW's Battlegrounds, scenarios offer quite a good amount of experience and renown.

Naturally, there is also PvE. It's fairly straightforward, and a little more bland than PvE in other games (see: WoW) because that's simply not the focus.

It all sounds good in theory, but Mythic made, imo, a few mistakes.

1) Scenarios give way too much exp/renown / open RvR doesn't give enough. If you want to level exclusively by PvP, open RvR isn't really a viable option. You get experience, but it's such a pittance compared to what you can get by queuing up for scenarios / doing PvE quests.

2) Lack of incentive to defend. Pride notwithstanding, you don't really lose all that much. +20% renown bonus? Pft. Who cares? You barely get any as it is. +5% sell bonus at merchants? That's not enough to make me spend hours defending a keep. The rewards are all slanted towards the attackers in T1-T3. Don't expect to see a lot of RvR before T4, where defending actually matters to your city.

3) IMO, leveling slows down too much post 20. Since T1-T3 are pretty much introductory periods anyway, it's kind of "buh?" to make people stick around here too long. But then again, I don't play a ton, and my character is Rank 29 already. Like a month+ after release, where in WoW it took me like 9 months of casual play to get to 70. Still, it feels like it should be faster.

Despite that, however, I have a lot of fun with Warhammer. Yeah, there are bugs... There are problems... But I have faith in the designers. They've publicly admitted to a lot of what I've had issues with and mentioned coming changes. The style is very gritty, but very... Well... Warhammer. There's comedy in the darkness that is the Warhammer battlefield. If you're into PvP and MMORPG's, I'd give it a shot.
[Image: Bellesig6-1.jpg]
Reply
#3
I actually think the PvE is more interesting than in WoW but I suppose that's just personal opinion.
[Image: 22173.png]
Give waffuru an internets today!
[Image: 1324033725.png]
Reply
#4
Yes.
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
#5
Awesome
Reply
#6
I hadn't played any MMORPGs in years and WAR got me back playing again. In fact I'm about to go play it now. Bottom line, dis shit rocks.
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply
#7
Is it safe to say that this forum can be removed?

I'm not sure anyone still plays Warhammer.
[Image: Bellesig6-1.jpg]
Reply
#8
It could be. I had no problems with the game, and Erin still enjoys it over WoW, but I can't afford multiple games right now and all the friends I want to play with immediately quit and went back to WoW.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)