Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Elements
#41
Depends on the 'flavor' of some characters, I guess. Some magically create their element, some just manipulate the stuff around them.

Sage, for instance, will pull moisture out of the air to form ice, and the reason I bought telekinesis is so there would be no question that Sage could make these icy, dangerous things, and chuck them around. I guess, as far as bullshit superhero powers go, I wanted Sage's to be more grounded in plausibility than some others.

And your Magneto argument is a little off, since he doesn't control metal. He controls magnetism. And the film had made a slight oversight, since Magneto wouldn't need iron in someone's blood to kill them anyway. He can stop a heart with intense electromagnetic interference. Unless the building had extremely strong EM shielding (and that's actually very likely, given how dangerous Magneto is) the guard could have been killed anyway. I hesitate to use Magneto as an example for balancing issues since he can do damn near anything he wants.
[Image: Sage.jpg]
#42
Ashe Wrote:People hated the limitation of not having full control over the specific element the moment they trained it, however, and hated that they had to go buy telekinesis in order to use it at range. They felt that it was superfluous, that they had already earned the ability to do it and that we were just artificially inflating the costs and slowing them down. People wanted to immediately turn their characters into the Human Torch and Iceman, so that idea was scrapped almost before even going live in favor of direct elemental control.

Oh please. Don't make it sound like the only reason people didn't like that idea was because of greed.
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
#43
Kaden Wrote:Oh please. Don't make it sound like the only reason people didn't like that idea was because of greed.

That's not at all what I said.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
#44
I'm aware of the actual words you did and did not use.

Not what I was talking about.
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
#45
Kaden Wrote:I'm aware of the actual words you did and did not use.

Not what I was talking about.

/facepalm

If you want to talk about it further, we'll do it off the boards or through PM. I didn't realize there was a sensitive topic involved.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
#46
Definitely not sensitive. Or anything close to sensitive.

Mostly I wanted a way to kill this increasingly laughable thread.

Empirically speaking, starting an argument about the semantics of your posts usually does the trick.
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
#47
/bash
/bash
/bash
/massive-brain-hemorrhaging
[Image: Ashe.jpg]


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)