Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Fitness
#21
This is what I get for typing without looking shit up first - I was thinking of Casein, not creatine. I've never taken creatine and don't recall hearing joyous things about it either. Casein is described as (via bodybuilding.com)

"Casein proteins are pH sensitive and gel in the acidic environment of the stomach. As a result, it can take more than twice as long for caseins to be broken-down into their amino acid subcomponents than whey and other proteins. Because of their unique time-released qualities, caseins are aptly described as anti-catabolic or muscle-protecting proteins."

I was correct, just had the wrong name, hence the distinction between they "whey" being "faster" than the caseins to digest. The idea being that maybe you drink the whey based protein before you work out, or after, and then before you sleep or after you work out to help the muscle repair and protect itself blah blah blah you use the caseins.
[Image: Dirty_Harry.png]
Reply
#22
the creatine i'm taking is mixed with simple sugars to cause an insulin spike, because insulin is supposed to ferry creatine faster. i've got type1 diabetes so i take insulin shots anyway, though. good to know about mixing it with ibuprofen, but i avoid non-nutrition pills already :O
[Image: rsz_jqvaz_1.jpg]
Reply
#23
Cain Wrote:http://men.webmd.com/creatine

CREATINE: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions and Warnings

Creatine makes your muscles hold more water (Maybe there's something in that for stamina). For some people this is something they want. Whey protein increases strength and muscle gain per workout. There are many potential benefits to Creatine, and also the great unknown for long term studies on the side effects. What is known are interactions with certain medications that harm the kidneys, including Ibuprofen.

Check out the pages, especially the later link including side effects.

P.S. Love the food and exercise advice Kaasel. Protein at every meal is a big ol' bucket of win.

P.P.S. Alcohol is bad for your fitness routine.


Ok... Creatine does what we call 'Saturate' your cells with water. Mkaing them look bigger. This is true. Saturation is also a term used to describe the increased blood flow to your veins making your muscled look bigger becaus more blood is being pumped to them. Called 'The Pump'.

I have to stress this. Whey protein will not increase strength... nor does it increase size on it's own. Protein builds MASS. If you do not work oout but take protein...whether it be WHEY or some other kind. You will just get bloated. If you Work out and take it you will get gains. Since your body NEEDS Protein to build muscle.

So once again I hop-e people understand that WHEY is ONLY a protein. It is not a magic pill or anything. It is comparable to just eating a steak. A high protein steak.

Muscle building is easy to understand. When you work out a muscle...it Rips. The tear gets filled with Protein. The more protein you have... the more fills the tear. Your body uses these Proteins to repair the Tear. the new repaired muscle is now more dense and larger than it previously was. thsi si how you GAIN muscle and gain hardness.

Other elements come into play but that's the kist of it. So Of course as I said you NEED protein but... it isn't going to on it's own give you gains. Unliek dietary pills that no joke boost metabolism or NO2 suppliments that enlarge your blood vesells and pump up your circulatory system.

Protein supplimentssimply deliver 20-25g of legit protein into your system. This esures that wheny ou work out and tear a muscle...your body has enough protein to fill and heal it quickly.

Also bakc to creatine...your body naturally produces creatine. It helps to heal your muscles. So Having MORE creatine in your system simply helps you recover faster. So don't think of it as Taking Protein or Creatine. Take Creatine AND Protein.... you just need ot know how much of each you need. Without under or overdoing it.

Also... veegtables have protein listed int ehir dietary table however they are what are called Fale Proteins... they don't give the same benefits as Meat or dairy based protein. So Vegetables should not count toward your protein goal for the day. However they are great to get your daily Fiber and Vitamins.

Creatine is also meant to be taken in Cycles of 1 month. 1 Month on...1 month off. This is how you retain gains...instead of relying on constantly looking saturated.
Reply
#24
And when I'm talking about protein supplements it's implied that you're lifting weights and running, or doing some sort of anabolic and aerobic exercise. You can't sit around and drink protein shakes and get into better shape. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA if you thought that.

You always need to eat your veggies!
[Image: Dirty_Harry.png]
Reply
#25
Hahaha for sure.

When I get home I'll post pics of my progress I made when I started to work out again. I wetn 9 months w/o working out because I had a hole in my knee. I went from 175 lbs to 196 lbs ... WILD I KNOW!

In 1 month I was back down to 172... with mostly useing the BSN stack but having a shitty Diet. Also used the Arnold work out... meaning 2 muscle groups a night.

Chest and Tris, Thighs and shoulders, Calves and Biceps, and Back by itself ...with Abs every day. If you are trying to GAIN muscle... cardio isn't recommended so do light carido once or twice a week. If you are going for a thin more toned look... cardio every other day. Also Abs can be done every day as they are the fastest repaired muscle in your body.

But yeah once I fixed my diet ... in another 2 weeks I'd gotten to about 175 lbs...and was back into prime shape.

However... due to operation tempo...I've been pulling really long shifts and downin caffein drinks... lmao So I'm kinda starting ti back up. @ 186lbs atm.
Reply
#26
Well my current height and weight is 5'7 and 207 my goal weight is 175-180 and the body type im going for right now is toned. I was trying to get in shape to join the coast guard or become a cop so i know i have alot of work ahead of me.



And you guys are very encouraging lol I honestly didnt expect anyone to reply to this thread. Whadaya know i gots me a encouragement group on chubbs. And I already got all of the p90x dvd's. I like how the instructor says if you cant handle the movements he's doing theres a modified version you can do until you get strong enough to handle the actual movement.

And if anyone is interested we can post before and after pics here. If its alright with staff id like to post my before pic here and then every 30 days post a new photo in this thread.
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
The cure is a shotgun, the cure is whatever blunt instrument one can salvage.Whomever finds themselves too proper will be the first to perish. And you know nothing that matters now.
[/COLOR]
Reply
#27
You always need cardio - many men neglect their cardiovascular fitness (because they are focused so heavily on their muscles). Your heart and lungs are important too!
[Image: Dirty_Harry.png]
Reply
#28
I need a good diet, everything i try never works. I hate eating cottage cheese and...cooking. bleh!

it's so hard when you work so much and are too tired to make lunch or cook, so I just go to the nearest place and grab something to eat.

I wonder if i can lose weight if i just eat subway all the time.
[Image: VictoriaJuly.jpg]
[Image: ManSoldWorld.png]
Reply
#29
I've been dieting pretty heavily for the past few months and spending 45~60 minutes on a stationary bike that's in the house pretty much every day I'm home.

I'd like to join a gym, but can't afford it.
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
#30
Victoria Wrote:I need a good diet, everything i try never works. I hate eating cottage cheese and...cooking. bleh!

it's so hard when you work so much and are too tired to make lunch or cook, so I just go to the nearest place and grab something to eat.

I wonder if i can lose weight if i just eat subway all the time.

Then don't eat cottage cheese, you have to find foods you enjoy eating that are healthy for you. In fact, don't bother changing what you eat yet just try to reduce how much of what you eat to begin with. After you've done that for a month, then try and change something out of your regular diet like soda, or juice.

Too many times people try and do it all at once when just changing one thing is many times more effective.

If you like to eat at McDonalds, that's fine, eat there but if you super size don't do that anymore. Or if you don't make sure you just get a small coke and fries, or instead of a double quarter pounder and cheese you just get a cheese burger.

Even if you eat bad stuff, if you reduce the amount of bad stuff you eat, you can still make gains from it. Mind you if you decide to go that route I would suggest one multivitamin a day, and flax seed oil or fish oil to make sure you get some necessary nutrients.
Reply
#31
Josh Wrote:Then don't eat cottage cheese, you have to find foods you enjoy eating that are healthy for you. In fact, don't bother changing what you eat yet just try to reduce how much of what you eat to begin with. After you've done that for a month, then try and change something out of your regular diet like soda, or juice.

Too many times people try and do it all at once when just changing one thing is many times more effective.

If you like to eat at McDonalds, that's fine, eat there but if you super size don't do that anymore. Or if you don't make sure you just get a small coke and fries, or instead of a double quarter pounder and cheese you just get a cheese burger.

Even if you eat bad stuff, if you reduce the amount of bad stuff you eat, you can still make gains from it. Mind you if you decide to go that route I would suggest one multivitamin a day, and flax seed oil or fish oil to make sure you get some necessary nutrients.


Eh ...thsi is a ghetto diet lol ...I'd suggest you can keep the burgers but ditch all carbonated drinks. IE NO soda.
Reply
#32
It's better than not doing anything, though.

That was pretty much Josh's point.
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
#33
I just do situps and pushups in bunches since I can't afford a balanced diet or any sort of protein supplements. Sad
Reply
#34
Nothing wrong with sit ups, push ups, jogging, bikes and being mindful of what you're eating. You don't have to get into all the other stuff if you don't want (or are unable to currently) to get involved in as heavily as some people.
[Image: Dirty_Harry.png]
Reply
#35
Kaasel Wrote:Eh ...thsi is a ghetto diet lol ...I'd suggest you can keep the burgers but ditch all carbonated drinks. IE NO soda.

It's not a ghetto diet, it's called a realistic diet. It's called goal orientated dieting. Most of the time radically changing your diet it's going to fail in a huge way, but slow and gradual changes to the diet tend to stick.
Reply
#36
No way, man. Go big or go home!
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
#37
Well I managed cut out the soda!
[Image: VictoriaJuly.jpg]
[Image: ManSoldWorld.png]
Reply
#38
I tried to cut out soda in my diet.

It sucked, so I eventually settled on just drinking diet soda >_>;
[Image: picture.php?albumid=26&pictureid=181]
Quote:Vad's Whimsical Whimsicalisms: Men.  Good stuff there.
[Image: Viper-Mini-Sig-Piper.png]
Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Reply
#39
diet soda is even worse. the artificial sweeteners used in diet softdrinks actually worsens hunger, so the calories you're evading in sugary drinks are gotten elsewhere.
[Image: rsz_jqvaz_1.jpg]
Reply
#40
[Image: 1-1.jpg?t=1269987403]


9 MONTHS OF Light Duty

[Image: DSCN0174.jpg?t=1269987641]

About 3.5 weeks later. Terrible diet, but excellent STacking of Suppliments and weighted exercise.



[Image: armspostworkout.jpg?t=1269987769]


I've been focusing on gaining size now. Took this lil while ago.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)