Posts: 5
Threads: 106
Joined: May 2009
06-22-2010, 02:07 AM
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2010, 02:07 AM by Psyren.)
Ashe Wrote:The current stance is that it should be something you earn by sticking with a character rather than give it to someone who may or may not be on their 10th character simply for having registered an account before some pre-established time period and then hung out OOC between periodic swaps.
We want to see effort and hypothetically allow members who are active and treat their characters well a bit more freedom with a secondary for experimentation or directional reasons. We're looking at people in the vicinity of Victoria or even Ander or Xenia. Someone who has spent time on their character and put in a lot and wants to keep that time investment while trying other things too. We aren't interested in giving people who've made 10-18 posts per character another slot to continue swapping around.
Yeah thanks for that kick in the gut. See ya.
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
The cure is a shotgun, the cure is whatever blunt instrument one can salvage.Whomever finds themselves too proper will be the first to perish. And you know nothing that matters now.[/COLOR]
Posts: 62
Threads: 370
Joined: Oct 2001
06-22-2010, 02:11 AM
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2010, 02:13 AM by Ashe.)
Psyren Wrote:Yeah thanks for that kick in the gut. See ya.
I'm just giving some information on the intention.
EDIT: Quit acting like everything I'm typing is some veiled attack on you. I have no idea how many characters you've actually swapped between, for one. If I had to guess, I'd say six as a random number that would feel right. I named a number almost twice that for sheer example purposes. I'm trying to be generic here while still showing which side of a range we are leaning towards.
Posts: 5
Threads: 106
Joined: May 2009
06-22-2010, 02:16 AM
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2010, 02:19 AM by Psyren.)
Ashe Wrote:I'm just giving some information on the intention.
EDIT: Quit acting like everything I'm typing is some veiled attack on you. I have no idea how many characters you've actually swapped between, for one. If I had to guess, I'd say six as a random number that would feel right. I named a number almost twice that for sheer example purposes. I'm trying to be generic here while still showing which side of a range we are leaning towards.
wow...It's funny that you say that yet your post count was spot on. BTW guess you didnt notice the =P's either. Anyways im out of this because its just going to lead to a argument so yeah go about whatever it is you guys were doing im pulling out. Peace.
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
The cure is a shotgun, the cure is whatever blunt instrument one can salvage.Whomever finds themselves too proper will be the first to perish. And you know nothing that matters now.[/COLOR]
Posts: 0
Threads: 4
Joined: Jun 2010
j/w..Will you be able to RP the same characters together?
I like this idea though, even if I am new.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posts: 54
Threads: 182
Joined: Apr 2008
Like, in the same thread?
I don't see why not, though I suppose it would be in your best interest not to use both of them in the same saga.
Posts: 0
Threads: 4
Joined: Jun 2010
I was just curious, thx.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posts: 115
Threads: 680
Joined: May 2003
Our original idea is that they wouldn't.
Posts: 53
Threads: 60
Joined: Sep 2006
Wait, wait, you guys are doing that AFTER I give up Sophia? =/
Posts: 0
Threads: 119
Joined: Jun 2007
06-22-2010, 09:30 AM
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2010, 09:33 AM by Waffuru.)
Juno Wrote:Like, in the same thread?
I don't see why not, though I suppose it would be in your best interest not to use both of them in the same saga.
Yeah, the idea would allow to.. ahem, roleplay with yourself but not bring both characters into a saga or player conflict.
Jayd Wrote:Wait, wait, you guys are doing that AFTER I give up Sophia? =/
Remake Soph?
![[Image: 22173.png]](http://internetometer.com/image/22173.png)
Give waffuru an internets today!
![[Image: 1324033725.png]](http://speedtest.net/result/1324033725.png)
Posts: 3
Threads: 26
Joined: Apr 2009
I think it's fair that there's a requirement for getting the final product, though I think 3000 is fairly high. I'm still available for guinea pigging.
Posts: 53
Threads: 60
Joined: Sep 2006
Waffuru Wrote:Remake Soph?
Give me my fucking techs back, then. xD I understand that I made the bed that I'm lying in, but come on.
Posts: 54
Threads: 182
Joined: Apr 2008
Waffuru Wrote:Yeah, the idea would allow to.. ahem, roleplay with yourself...
xD.
So how would we do this? We would make a new account, then apply, then, like, PM Waffuru or someone to connect the accounts?
Posts: 5
Threads: 106
Joined: May 2009
I do believe you can connect two separate accounts yourself using your user CP.
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
The cure is a shotgun, the cure is whatever blunt instrument one can salvage.Whomever finds themselves too proper will be the first to perish. And you know nothing that matters now.[/COLOR]
Posts: 66
Threads: 133
Joined: Dec 2005
06-22-2010, 08:47 PM
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2010, 08:52 PM by Belle Hibiki.)
I'm personally not a fan of this idea, as I think you'll just end up with people keeping a 'main' character slot, and then switching the secondary slot character around a couple times a year, depending on how fast they get bored with whatever current idea they have.
Could work if people invested themselves equally in both characters, but as an incentive to stimulate RP, I feel like it's pretty lacking. You might get some initial interest and play, but I think most of it will die down rather quickly. You'll probably still see the same people on sagas that you've seen before, because no one will want to 'waste' points on their 'alt.'
If the idea is just to give people something different to roleplay, there's always NPCs. I've played as several NPCs in my sagas, and have a couple staples that make up Belle's 'party' and give me some creative flexibility.
edit: this being said, I haven't exactly been active lately, so maybe I don't know what the fuck.
Posts: 32
Threads: 303
Joined: May 2006
06-22-2010, 10:08 PM
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2010, 10:11 PM by Celena.)
Ashe Wrote:The current stance is that it should be something you earn by sticking with a character rather than give it to someone who may or may not be on their 10th character simply for having registered an account before some pre-established time period and then hung out OOC between periodic swaps.
We want to see effort and hypothetically allow members who are active and treat their characters well a bit more freedom with a secondary for experimentation or directional reasons. We're looking at people in the vicinity of Victoria or even Ander or Xenia. Someone who has spent time on their character and put in a lot and wants to keep that time investment while trying other things too. We aren't interested in giving people who've made 10-18 posts per character another slot to continue swapping around.
This.
Therefore I feel a 3000 CA requirement would be sufficient.
Does honesty earn respect or inspire revenge? Is it smarter to attack the strong or annihilate the weak?
Posts: 62
Threads: 370
Joined: Oct 2001
Belle Hibiki Wrote:I'm personally not a fan of this idea, as I think you'll just end up with people keeping a 'main' character slot, and then switching the secondary slot character around a couple times a year, depending on how fast they get bored with whatever current idea they have.
Could work if people invested themselves equally in both characters, but as an incentive to stimulate RP, I feel like it's pretty lacking. You might get some initial interest and play, but I think most of it will die down rather quickly. You'll probably still see the same people on sagas that you've seen before, because no one will want to 'waste' points on their 'alt.'
If the idea is just to give people something different to roleplay, there's always NPCs. I've played as several NPCs in my sagas, and have a couple staples that make up Belle's 'party' and give me some creative flexibility.
edit: this being said, I haven't exactly been active lately, so maybe I don't know what the fuck.
This is actually my primary concern with the the idea. We'll try to come up with something to deal with it, but its definitely a concern, as in someone keeping their main slot and using their "alt" as their constant switch target.
Posts: 55
Threads: 109
Joined: Nov 2009
Honestly I don't even know if I could handle two character. This is really cool, and could work, but I'd feel like I'd be spreading myself thin. As it is I lost a bit of steam, but I intend on trying to get it back.
It's something I'd consider trying once I got Vic back into activity. Like Belle said, too, I usually just write with my NPC's...and making them into actual characters would kill my story. Well, we'll see what happens. It's just cool to see the staff cooking something up  .
Posts: 18
Threads: 366
Joined: Jan 2006
Two toons? HELL YES.
Vad: Found my dicks btw
Vad: *DISCS
Kaz: XD!!!!XDXDXD!!
Kaz: oh man
Kaz: that was an awesome typo!
Vad: I MEANT ROUND CYLINDRICAL THINGS
Kaz: XD XD XD
Kaz: HAHAHHHAHHHAHA
Posts: 23
Threads: 372
Joined: Jun 2004
Kazuya Wrote:Two toons? HELL YES.
That's what she said.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
Posts: 35
Threads: 96
Joined: Mar 2009
I mean, I'm pretty much writing to write at this point. there's not much point in even TRYING to be competitive with any of the people here, specially after I dropped Gozen and switched out.
I like this idea because it keeps me, above all things, WRITING. I mean, I love my characters, and I do legitimately want to write for them, but sometimes I just need to write something ELSE. And when I start writing for other projects, it makes me want to go off of Chubbs and find some other community to write for cause I want character feedback, interaction and the general good things about the site, but I didn't want to lose my character here. So instead of leaving Chubbs/co-writing for multiple sites, I just stopped writing all together, which is lame.
I think some people might have a SIMILAR problem.
|