12-19-2010, 04:25 PM
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2010, 04:25 PM by Belle Hibiki.)
The last time I remember CA mattering was the fight for the Dragonballs.
And even then, not too much.
And even then, not too much.
![[Image: Bellesig6-1.jpg]](http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff137/catseye543/Bellesig6-1.jpg)
|
Removal of Combat Ability
|
|
12-19-2010, 04:25 PM
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2010, 04:25 PM by Belle Hibiki.)
The last time I remember CA mattering was the fight for the Dragonballs.
And even then, not too much. ![]()
12-19-2010, 08:36 PM
I support it, but I also don't think it'll help activity. The only thing that's going to help is something that's probably never going to happen, which is a complete removal of the DBZ tag in an effort to get new blood.
![]() When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
12-19-2010, 08:44 PM
Rem-13 Wrote:I support it, but I also don't think it'll help activity. The only thing that's going to help is something that's probably never going to happen, which is a complete removal of the DBZ tag in an effort to get new blood. I agree with you.
12-19-2010, 09:01 PM
Problem with that is, without a tag for ourselves then, we won't draw in any particular fan group.
12-20-2010, 03:23 AM
Maybe another revamping of the rpg as a whole is needed. I said it once before...I think that DB MMORPG will increase newer fans especially since DBZ KAI(dubbed) is on local stations and the vid games are coming out.
Or just gear the rpg towards another genre. Bleach, Naruto, Star Wars, D&D, WoW, LoL or whatever.
12-20-2010, 03:44 AM
Bleach'd be sweet, since whoever it was never came back about his. =D
12-20-2010, 04:10 AM
I suggested Bleach outta my admiration prior to Aizen going all butterfree
.
12-20-2010, 07:00 AM
and the series becoming epic lame. I tend to pretend Aizen and Ichigo don't exist. Makes a much more interesting story, kinda the same as I do with Goku in dbz. They move the plot forward, but the interesting people are the support
12-20-2010, 07:08 AM
Agreed. I wish I could've seen more character development prior to this new arc but it's whatever. Most folks are going 'He's making a clean slate.' but it's too late...far too late.
I dunno though. I'll give it a go rping this way...but I enjoyed the old days of power levels etc. Combat Ability was different but didn't have a dbz feel...though yeah I know this aint canon no mo etc. I also know others will probably have better solutions or suggestions. In the mean time...hopefully Chubbs will regain it's former glory or at least part of it.
Maybe we should return to powerlevel, but come up with a different way to do it. I'm honestly not phased by this change. I never actually think about CA when I roleplay Vad.
Not like it mattered. He always ended up getting gutted somehow anyway. MERCY SAGA FTW [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
![]() ![]() Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
I still like DBZ and I'm not ashamed to admit it!
Seriously though, I joined up on Chubbs to fly around and have energy battles. I'm not averse to non-DBZ stuff, and I'll still be around whatever form the site takes because I love you people, but just for the record. I've always really liked the Chubbs halfway point. ![]() Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
12-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Rose Wrote:I still like DBZ and I'm not ashamed to admit it! I still watch the show regularly on my computer. Bulma and Chi Chi FTW. I'M NOT ASHAMED. THEY ARE AWESOME! Nerds need to stick together Greg. Woo! *high five* [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
![]() ![]() Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
12-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Rose Wrote:I still like DBZ and I'm not ashamed to admit it! This. And yeah I catch DBZ Kai whenever I can because it brings back memories. I would like a retro setting dbz rpg with a twist aka customs...nothing really canon or whatever. Whatever will pump life back into Chubbs which for all purposes is only a dbz rpg because we involve the dragonballs and we would have Humans with tails, lizard people and strange feminine sounding humanoids with horns tails whom all just happen to have mutant powers that vary. Jacob Wrote:Whatever will pump life back into Chubbs which for all purposes is only a dbz rpg because we involve the dragonballs and we would have Humans with tails, lizard people and strange feminine sounding humanoids with horns tails whom all just happen to have mutant powers that vary. There's not a whole lot more to DBZ than this, is there? For the record, while I do think that removing CA will help, the problem isn't with the system, it's with us. We need new blood, yeah, but we have to get our current member base interested again or otherwise we might as well do another turnover and advertise like crazy. (Which I wouldn't be opposed to...revamping every two years is better than this.) EDIT: It's my opinion that there's nothing holding anyone back now that everyone's roughly on the same playing field. If the lack of power levels are a problem that's hindering a majority from playing/being interested, then yeah, we'll have to address that. ![]() And tell me where is the love In what your prophet has said? Man, It sounds to me just like A prison for the walking dead.
We should seriously consider a Dragonball Saga MUD type game. Players can gain powerlevel by fighting NPC's and learn attacks and train them as the many races of DBZ while the Roleplay Channel is for our roleplaying. For one it would solve this power gap issue and provide us a method to kill each other ICly and OOCly.
EDIT: Obviously it's more complicated than that, but I seriously think it would be an interesting new direction. I played the original Dragonball Saga and roleplayed there before I came to Chubbs in 04. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
![]() ![]() Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
12-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Sophia Wrote:There's not a whole lot more to DBZ than this, is there? Of course there's not lol, I think we were caught up in the idea of playing customs and figured that's what would bring activity and members...and so far it looks as though that drove folks off. And personally the idea of not having power levels or any form of identifying power is kind of lame, that's the whole aspect of a rpg(especially a dbz rpg) for me. From my years playing and running dbz rpg games/sites and doing the rps on irc.mediadriven.net and several other servers that I've since forgotten I know that folks would enjoy a DBZish type rpg. Playing the actual characters and feeling as though they're part of the saga. Vad Wrote:We should seriously consider a Dragonball Saga MUD type game. Players can gain powerlevel by fighting NPC's and learn attacks and train them as the many races of DBZ while the Roleplay Channel is for our roleplaying. For one it would solve this power gap issue and provide us a method to kill each other ICly and OOCly. I've forgotten about MUDs, hit up my pm if you still play and wouldn't mind helping me find one. I've partially forgotten how those things work. Anyway I'm hoping the staff and remaining members can all come together and figure some things out.
12-20-2010, 04:01 PM
Check yer PMs, Jacob.
I'll have more thoughts soon. Delivery guy got here as I'm typing this. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
![]() ![]() Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish. Jacob Wrote:Of course there's not lol, I think we were caught up in the idea of playing customs and figured that's what would bring activity and members...and so far it looks as though that drove folks off. As far as I know, the only reason we brought in customs was to keep the continuity of the canons we had before. In other words, restarting with canons would make everything the former canons did meaningless. It was made meaningless anyway, so maybe that wasn't the best idea. I don't know, though...to me, Chubbs was never about "playing the saga." Hell, most of the canons were practically customs, anyway. As for stat building...I guess I just don't get it. It literally means nothing to me outside of how it affects the roleplaying aspect for me. I don't mind changes, but broad-sweeping ones that would change how we roleplay would probably just turn me away. ![]() And tell me where is the love In what your prophet has said? Man, It sounds to me just like A prison for the walking dead.
12-20-2010, 04:23 PM
The Stats remind me of a byond game where your stat percentages was how your powerlevel was distributed among your abilities. Finale I think was the name.
So for example, Vad has 35% endurance. 35% of his Combat Ability is supporting his ability to take damage. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
![]() ![]() Fighting to the bitter end is an advantage when your opponent does not wish to perish.
12-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Maybe we should just go back to using the canon characters. I mean, like Sophia said, it's not like the stories of the old set means anything. How often does any of it come up anyway?
Quote:Vad's Whimsical Whimsicalisms: Men. Good stuff there. ![]() Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending. |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|