Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Burgers(and any other cooking-related stuff I suppose)
#21
Horse meat is less expensive than cow?
A man in a wheelchair with a rocket launcher can make a big explosion once, then he's as weak as any other cripple.
-Some dude on the SWTor Forums
Reply
#22
Rafael Wrote:Horse meat is less expensive than cow?

I'm not sure anymore, but it used to mean that you were poor. I think it meant that you didn't have any more money to buy cows, so you had to eat your horses or something.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply
#23
People generally don't like the idea of eating a horse but when the meat is needed they have slaughtered horses. It's still fairly popular in parts of Europe and Asia.

It was historically lower in price than beef because of the surplus of horses, especially with cattle shortages.

Horse is slightly sweet, tender, low in fat and high in protein.
[Image: 22173.png]
Give waffuru an internets today!
[Image: 1324033725.png]
Reply
#24
Dude, where can I find me a horse?
Reply
#25
Mexico or Japan.
[Image: 22173.png]
Give waffuru an internets today!
[Image: 1324033725.png]
Reply
#26
Sigfried Hunin Wrote:Dude this one time my mom made some totally bomb burgers out of tofu. Not tofu burgers (which, from Morning Star, are pretty nice anyways), but like, burgers with slabs of tofu instead of beef.

She made them good with perforating them and soaking them in some kind of sauce and then spicing the shit out of them. They were like, 3 thin slices so they didn't have that bland core of just white tofu. Was bomb.

I completely believe it (and will be doing that next time I have spare tofu).
[Image: av50fd.png]

Mal Nova Wrote:I do apologize for using the word rape. There are four separate definitions for the word rape, two of which describe vegetation...
Reply
#27
Jarka Wrote:One of my favorite recipes:
Put honey mustard in a bowl. In another bowl, crush a fuckton of pretzels so they're super tiny chunks and powder. Take chicken breast (I prefer boneless & skinless) and dip both sides in the honey mustard. Then dip both sides of the slathered chicken into the pretzels. Once you've coated them all, put them on a cookie sheet and sprinkle the remainder of the pretzels on top. Put it in the oven at, like, 400 degrees for about 20 min.

Almost forgot to mention this, but I did that yesterday, was pretty good. Need to pick a different kind of pretzel because it was a touch salty, but I was pleased. Burgers sometime this week =D
A man in a wheelchair with a rocket launcher can make a big explosion once, then he's as weak as any other cripple.
-Some dude on the SWTor Forums
Reply
#28
Chevre is the best cheese for a burger.
[Image: 22173.png]
Give waffuru an internets today!
[Image: 1324033725.png]
Reply
#29
Rafael Wrote:Almost forgot to mention this, but I did that yesterday, was pretty good. Need to pick a different kind of pretzel because it was a touch salty, but I was pleased. Burgers sometime this week =D

It's an awesome recipe because it's super duper flexible. You can try out different combinations of crackers/cereal/pretzels and dressings.

Also, in regards to burgers, I stumbleuponed this tonight: http://www.kitchendaily.com/2010/01/21/1...od00000002
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If life gives you lemons, hand them to me!
I've got a great recipe for lemon meringue pie.

Reply
#30
I think I need to use coworkers as guinea pigs for the burgers I wanna make this coming week. One of them keeps bringing in this amazing bbq chicken every couple weeks as he experiments with the sauce, seems only fair to do the same with the burgers. This weekend, I experiment! Goat cheese, probably gonna buy a small grill, try out the skillet, all kinds of stuff
A man in a wheelchair with a rocket launcher can make a big explosion once, then he's as weak as any other cripple.
-Some dude on the SWTor Forums
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)