Posts: 10
Threads: 585
Joined: Nov 2004
The main reasoning being, of course, that the people who have been here for ages and have gotten the kickass techniques shouldn't have to bog their way back through just so they can be equal with people who haven't worked anywhere near as long at it. When it comes down to it, to reset the RPG would be the equivalent of Communism taking over another country. Everyone is stripped of their wealth, set down to the poverty level, and by this way, made equal.
Obviously a nation is a little more important than an RPG, but you know what I mean.
Mal Nova Wrote:I do apologize for using the word rape. There are four separate definitions for the word rape, two of which describe vegetation...
Posts: 10
Threads: 585
Joined: Nov 2004
No worries, CJ. A14 was just having a little light joke at how much better a person I am than him.
Resets will probably never happen. Ever.
And really, a no-reset RPG shouldn't be all that different from one's that do have resets, you'll just have some incredibly strong people on it. Really, I'd be quite bored if I was the strongest character on an RPG. There wouldn't be much challenge left.
Mal Nova Wrote:I do apologize for using the word rape. There are four separate definitions for the word rape, two of which describe vegetation...
Posts: 10
Threads: 585
Joined: Nov 2004
Keep it on topic, guys.
A-14, what you did was technically minor spam, and that's a no-no in the QSU forum. I'm not going to go in a ruckus about it since we're not overly strict about it anyway, I'm just letting you know.
Mal Nova Wrote:I do apologize for using the word rape. There are four separate definitions for the word rape, two of which describe vegetation...
Posts: 25
Threads: 176
Joined: Aug 2004
Quote:Originally posted by Krillin
Really, I'd be quite bored if I was the strongest character on an RPG. There wouldn't be much challenge left.
Funny you should mention that. I remember that when I began RPing here, I asked staff if they ever considered restarting since they had no challenges. But they said they still have lots of options. Also they dont want to destroy the web of friendships and opposition they made.
Sage Wrote:Holy shit. The knives and everything.
Posts: 10
Threads: 585
Joined: Nov 2004
Mal Nova Wrote:I do apologize for using the word rape. There are four separate definitions for the word rape, two of which describe vegetation...
Posts: 10
Threads: 585
Joined: Nov 2004
You really want this reset, don't you?
I, personally, am against it. I worked damn hard for Telepathy, and I don't want to give it up. I've got Krillin to a great state right now, and I don't want to have to re-introduce him and recreate his history. I'm in my roleplaying prime right now, and a reset would only shoot me back down.
Mal Nova Wrote:I do apologize for using the word rape. There are four separate definitions for the word rape, two of which describe vegetation...
Posts: 10
Threads: 585
Joined: Nov 2004
Discussion never hurt anyone. I'd like to hear more on it myself, actually. I'm just letting you know not to get your hopes up.
Mal Nova Wrote:I do apologize for using the word rape. There are four separate definitions for the word rape, two of which describe vegetation...
Posts: 10
Threads: 585
Joined: Nov 2004
No worries, this is good.
Mal Nova Wrote:I do apologize for using the word rape. There are four separate definitions for the word rape, two of which describe vegetation...
Posts: 9
Threads: 945
Joined: Jan 2004
Quote:Originally posted by Cell Jr
Man so many poeple willing to get resets one way or the other and still didn't fly. Man thats making my head ache just trying to figure out why. Even at the time burter was for it and several others. Man that is just wow.
It's because of this.
The staff are the ones you see in the top 5. And most of them are in the top 10, with a couple behind it.
Obviously we don't want to lose what he earned rightfully. I have KK and I'm about to get SKK within the next two months, why would I all of a sudden let people take it away and let people who just joined be ahead of my two year work?
Posts: 9
Threads: 945
Joined: Jan 2004
Quote:No one should just get some homefeild advatage cuase they have been here and wish to be a power house.
Why not? Years of work and dedication have given us the right.
Posts: 25
Threads: 176
Joined: Aug 2004
Quote:Originally posted by Burter
Quote:No one should just get some homefeild advatage cuase they have been here and wish to be a power house.
Why not? Years of work and dedication have given us the right.
Agreed. Also its NOT impossible to catch up. But it takes A LOT MORE work and dedication then the staff members have shown.
Sage Wrote:Holy shit. The knives and everything.
Posts: 9
Threads: 945
Joined: Jan 2004
Quote: how do you expect everyone to even compare to two years or so of role play on here
By doing it yourself.
I was just like you when I first joined. But look at me now. Metal Koola was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of me when I turned up and I'm stronger then him now after only a year.
Stay for a long long time and you'll find yourself moving up the ranks. Perfect example: Uub. Only about a year here and he's one of the only people in 2 million ki
Posts: 9
Threads: 945
Joined: Jan 2004
So you're saying that because we've done such a good job, we should give it all up? I hardly see how that's fair.
Posts: 10
Threads: 585
Joined: Nov 2004
Watch this.
Let's say you start at 1,000,000 ki, and Burter starts at 2,000,000 (which is actually quite accurate). This is a perfect 1:2 ratio. Now, if you both continue at a constant and equal rate, the ratio will only slim. 1,000,000 Ki later, we see that you are at 2,000,000 Ki and Burter is at 3,000,000. While he has gone up at the same rate you have, the ratio is now 2:3, which is remarkably better for you.
So really, you're gaining on him. Slowly, but you're gaining.
Mal Nova Wrote:I do apologize for using the word rape. There are four separate definitions for the word rape, two of which describe vegetation...
Posts: 9
Threads: 945
Joined: Jan 2004
Quote:Originally posted by Cell Jr
Its not giving anything up its
No, it is giving things up. I lose my KK and SK, my alliance, my history, and my own story that I'm growing.
I'm sorry you can't handle the fact you have to earn things just everyone else did, but live with it
Posts: 10
Threads: 560
Joined: Nov 2001
At one point we evened out the stats to an extent. But we're not planning anything of that sort at the moment.
Posts: 10
Threads: 585
Joined: Nov 2004
The problem here is, you think Chubbs DBZ RPG kind of started right when you joined, but in reality, it's been here for many, many years. We've been working on things long before you ever joined, and we don't want to give that up. I know I feel a connection to my stats, and they're just piddly compared to like Burter's and Rad's. And beyond that, there's the story, history, friendships, and enemies that are discarded. While it's an interesting idea, and would probably be fun for awhile, it would be too much to give up for a short "high".
That's what resetting the site would be. A metaphorical narcotic.
Mal Nova Wrote:I do apologize for using the word rape. There are four separate definitions for the word rape, two of which describe vegetation...
Posts: 10
Threads: 585
Joined: Nov 2004
Not meant to be harsh, but while you don't realize it, that's kind of how you're coming off. Because you started real low, it doesn't matter that everyone else also started low at one time and had to work their way up, it should be equalized right now.
It all boils down to this: You don't want to be weak, so you want everyone to sacrifice their hard work just so we can all be equal.
Mal Nova Wrote:I do apologize for using the word rape. There are four separate definitions for the word rape, two of which describe vegetation...
Posts: 9
Threads: 945
Joined: Jan 2004
You said something about it being unrealistic.
A stat reset is unrealistic. Everyone is the same.
There will always be those who are weak, those who are good, and those who great. Just like real life. The survival of the fittest. Wanna survive? Get fit.
I earned the right to be a powerhouse.
So you gotta earn it too.
Posts: 9
Threads: 945
Joined: Jan 2004
Not really.
Let's say I was fighting Krillin. On paper I'd kill him. But in the roleplay it goes like this:
Krillin fights his strongest but no matter how much a fight he puts up, or how well he taunts Burter, Burter just throws him down and in the end claims victory. However, as Burter arrogantly moves forward to make his kill, Krillin gives a last ditch effort and lunges a destructo disk at Burter. It cuts through Burter's torso, and kills him.
Bam, just like that, a realistic ending.
|