Posts: 33
Threads: 344
Joined: Nov 2004
Whoever said RPGs require skill?
Before I get mauled, I'll say this: There are plenty of RPGs out there that require extensive planning and such. Final Fantasy Tactics comes to mind. But on the whole, just because an RPG is easy doesn't mean it's not an RPG. It all depends on how you define it, I suppose.
I do agree, though, that Final Fantasy's are not true RPGs. Morrowind is a true RPG that comes to mind. Though, I've never really heard a strict definition for it. I suppose any game in which you take the main character as your own would be an RPG, therefore, it all depends on the personal attachment.
But, who cares? Final Fantasy's are called RPG's, and we'll leave it at that.
Posts: 61
Threads: 398
Joined: Oct 2005
You guys are beginning to get to the reason I dislike traditional RPGs  I wouldn't call Zelda an RPG... More an action/adventure game with elements of RPGism, like Metroid (which is also freaking awesome). However with Zelda, it's mostly collecting things you NEED in order to progress, like the hookshot. Whereas in 'traditional RPGs' the game gets easier the more you play. IMO, it should be the opposite.
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Posts: 33
Threads: 344
Joined: Nov 2004
I don't consider Zelda an RPG either. Action-Adventure, more like it.
Posts: 33
Threads: 344
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 33
Threads: 344
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 61
Threads: 398
Joined: Oct 2005
KOTOR was boring IMO... I have it, but it's so painful I just can't bring myself to play it any more. Morrowind is one of my favourite games ever, and I don't play it nearly enough.
But yeah, Zelda owns, and that was my mistake for thinking you said it was an RPG  OOT is still my favourite game of all time. On this subject.... 2006 Zelda - will it be the one to beat OOT? From the delays and from what I've read, it could be a hell yes.
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Posts: 66
Threads: 1,078
Joined: Aug 2004
Quote:Originally posted by Lord Slug
Quote:Originally posted by Krillin
=D
Alrighty then.
Glad we agree then.
You guys suck. =(
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
![[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/hf17/HFSeventeen.jpg)
Posts: 154
Threads: 103
Joined: Aug 2005
The original Kingdom Hearts was one of my favorite games of all time...and that's about all I wanted to say. Oh yea, the best game ever is obviously Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.
Posts: 61
Threads: 398
Joined: Oct 2005
Oh god I forgot the Mario RPGs.
I want to make a big exception and say all of the Mario RPGs kick huge ass. Paper Mario 2 was distilled awesome.
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Posts: 61
Threads: 398
Joined: Oct 2005
There hasn't been a game to beat OOT in the years since it's been out, but I still reckon TP stands a chance. To me, the fights look awesome. I mean, you can't do much except expand on OOT's simple but fun system... And it looks like they've done that. They added in the horseback fights that were so lacklustre in OOT (just your bow). Fighting as a wolf should be cool as well. I'm actually glad of the extension... Seems like it was coming out too quick to be an epic game. Miyamoto said that there were some cool ideas they just had to add in. A rumour is that smell is going to take part (as a wolf in some of the screenshots you could see 'vapours' in the air). The new elements should make it interesting. It's going to apparently be as long if not longer than OOT, and the time extension is just going to fill it out more. I don't want it to be released unless it's going to be fucking awesome
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Posts: 61
Threads: 398
Joined: Oct 2005
It was the best game of all time. But who's to say there can't be a new best game of all time?  It could only ever be done by the same name... Anyway, I can't vouch for the game until it comes out, so we'll see in due time...
Oh we'll see... :evil:
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Posts: 0
Threads: 31
Joined: Oct 2004
I hope that you get a cool glowing frisbee when you are TRON.
Posts: 23
Threads: 148
Joined: Aug 2005
Hehe, I just saw this giant discussion. I have to say that my favourite RPG is a game called Torment. It's an incredible game, it just tells you to do something, and leaves you. There are so many side quests, I find a new one every time I play. It's an older game, so it's cheap.
And OoT is incredibly awesome, I'm playing it right now.
I've never played Kingdom hearts, but my friend with the PS2 says its awesome.
Posts: 27
Threads: 530
Joined: Jun 2004
stfu Radiata Stories is teh sex.
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
Quote:Originally posted by Olibu
Chrono Trigger > All RPGs.
Wow... good call Olibu.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 85
Threads: 174
Joined: Jan 2004
Quote:Originally posted by Lord Slug
If I had to throw my vote into the hat...the Fallout serise=greatest RPG EVAR!!!!111oneelventy
I'd be inclined to agree. Damn good choice, Slug.
"I wasted time and now time doth waste me."
"I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
Posts: 61
Threads: 398
Joined: Oct 2005
Best singleplayer RPG series = Mario RPGs, imo. There's skill involved and it's more fun 
But yes, WoW is good. I actually have a very long-running (before the game was released) Horde clan, which is how I and Zarbon know each other.
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Posts: 61
Threads: 398
Joined: Oct 2005
Has anyone played Warcraft III? That's still my favourite PC game of all time. Battle.net is like the Mos Eisley of Internet communities, but it's still incredibly fun.
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Posts: 23
Threads: 148
Joined: Aug 2005
*loves WCIII* I'm about to play it right now actually.
Posts: 37
Threads: 342
Joined: Feb 2004
Dude. Good ol' Pen and Paper DnD. Seriously, the graphics kick ass.
Sinners make the best Saints
![[Image: tobiasyu5.jpg]](http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/5609/tobiasyu5.jpg)
|