Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
I felt the need.
#21
I never said the other people were cool, I said Aeris sucks, and she does. Why do you think Sephy killed her? To prevent Holy? Nah. It was 'cause she sucked. Blocking Holy was just a side-benefit.

And Super Buu, what the hell are you smoking and where can I get some? Practically -everyone- is an Aeris fanboy, despite her complete lack of character and lame-ass combat ability.
"I wasted time and now time doth waste me."
[Image: BuraSig.jpg]
"I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
Reply
#22
The majority of people I've asked have said Tifa > Aeris.

*Is still mourning Aeris after years since having played FF7*
And Red XIII is cool. I've always liked non-human characters, humans are so dull.
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply
#23
Yeah, just about everyone I've talked to online has been notably anti-Aeris. I'd go as far to say 90% of them are.

Regardless, skip FFVII anyway. It's not very good. The only thing it might have a strong claim to is total atmosphere.

PLOT: Good. By Final Fantasy standards, it's average. Final Fantasy X definitely pwn3d it plot-wise. By total RPG standards, it's actually above-average, though Tales of Symphonia definitely toasts it.

GRAPHICS: Incredible...for their time. I love how people always want to tout the graphics of an old video game as "remarkable for it's time", as if that's a good thing. It was a good thing in 1995 (or whenever it came out), but now, there's bigger and better graphics. Polygons aren't like sprites. Sprites are awesome, no matter how old they are. Polygons just get icky when you're spoiled by better graphics.

MATERIA SYSTEM: Meh, it was cool. It added plenty of variety. Though, again, FFX completely toasts FFVII here. The Sphere Grid was pure genius.

CHARACTER DEPTH: Horrid. Sephiroth is just an evil guy with a big sword. Cloud is just a confused guy with mental problems. Tifa is a martial artist hyped on herbs. The only characters that had some decent character work done with them were Vincent, Red XIII, and admittedly, Cloud. Cloud's was lame, though.

GAMEPLAY: Classic Final Fantasy style. What's to argue with?

Overall, from a scale of 1-10, this game gets a 9. FFX gets a 9.9, while Tales of Symphonia gets a 9.7.

On a sidenote, Super Mario RPG gets a 10.
[Image: heydudezew6.png]
Reply
#24
I liked FF7 purely because of the atmosphere. It felt, to me (though I did play it when I was like, 7...) like a believable world. The whole corrupt government thing, the techno-slums, with the music, was awesome. The music will never be bettered.

Sephiroth, whether he was developed or not, was still a badass. Tongue
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply
#25
Yeah, Sephiroth is cool, but I just don't understand why everyone touts him as the coolest villian ever. He's not.
[Image: heydudezew6.png]
Reply
#26
Quote:Originally posted by Krillin
Yeah, Sephiroth is cool, but I just don't understand why everyone touts him as the coolest villian ever. He's not.

Because it's a damn matter of opinion o.O I think he cool as shit only because he wields a nice ass sword and is like "I will pwnz jooo!!!111" and has a bunch of nice ass sword tricks.
Reply
#27
Some people likes Vader, others like Sephiroth.
Fact of the matter is, all good heroes/villains have to have a sword of some kind.
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply
#28
Matter of opinion, I think Vader blows monkey tards I like him better as Anakin before he turned to the dark side. Also if you want an evil villian you can just look at Apocolypse from X-Men, now that was a bad ass dude o.O
Reply
#29
Did he have a sword? Tongue

It's simple, people like Sephiroth because he has a ridiculously long sword. Personally I'm sure there's another villain out there I like more, I've just gone kinda blank. Ganondorf had a sword!
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply
#30
Screw Nintendo o.O I've lost all respect for them over the years >.< And who would not love the Masamune =O
Reply
#31
Ganon>j00

I don't think it has anything to do with having a sword or not. The bad guy just has to be a serious bad ass with an attitude, and a hell of a lot of power to be liked.
[Image: Ruhiel.png]
Reply
#32
Quote:Originally posted by Android 20
Ganon>j00

Word.
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply
#33
Psh. Seymour pwns all of j00.
[Image: A17June08.jpg]
Reply
#34
Quote:Originally posted by Android 17
Psh. Seymour pwns all of j00.

Hell yeah. You betcha.
[Image: heydudezew6.png]
Reply
#35
tch, Agent Smith yo 8o
Reply
#36
Heck no. Seymour is better on so many levels. That self-replication thing is just lame.
[Image: heydudezew6.png]
Reply
#37
Doc Croc.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]
Reply
#38
Quote:Originally posted by Bojack
Final Fantasy 7 had perfect music for the atmosphere and a grungy story that kicked the shit out of all the other games. Period.

How can you say these people are underdeveloped with all the delving into their past that's been done? You have to explore the game to know the characters, but the information is there.

Vincent, yes. And, if you call that annoying little excursion in which Cloud finds out a life's lie "character development", then yes. They were fully developed.

Regardless, I guess that part is a matter of opinion. I think Cloud was a lame, two-dimensional character that was flimsier than a communion wafer. Sephiroth had no character development whatsoever. It was just one big coagulation of cool guys running around with huge swords, and somehow beating the guys with guns. Neat, yes, but certainly not one of the best games of all time.

And if FFVII deserves mention for its innovation of the video game, let's journey back to Super Mario 64.
[Image: heydudezew6.png]
Reply
#39
Doesn't matter. We'd be going solely off innovation here.
[Image: heydudezew6.png]
Reply
#40
What the Nintendo haters forget is that without Nintendo, the PS2 and Xbox would be missing analogue sticks, rumble, and all the features Nintendo has made which have become 'standard's over the years. Which is why Miyamoto is like, the father of gaming still. Wink

FF7 wasn't particularly innovative, it was just a Genre king for the ATB system. If you want to know what the crap I'm talking about, read this article. It's probably the most interesting and true article I've read regarding the games industry. About innovations. Big Grin Don't worry, it's not as long as the page, just taken up by loads of comments.
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)