Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Official CDBZ Logo
#1
Koola and I are looking for a design for a CDBZ T-Shirt.

1) The design needs to use one or two colors.

2) Should be sizable to fit multiple T-Shirt size.

3) Should, in some way, capture something about CDBZ.
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
#2
Quote:Originally posted by Raditzu
Koola and I are looking for a design for a CDBZ T-Shirt.

1) The design needs to use one or two colors.

2) Should be sizable to fit multiple T-Shirt size.

3) Should, in some way, capture something about CDBZ.

Don't forget the 'Leave Your Mercy At The Door'
[Image: drakesig.png]
Reply
#3
XD

It should be added that DBZ Characters, or their likenesses, will be frowned upon. While FUNimation holds no rights to "CDBZRPG", "CDBZ", or "Chubbs" it wouldn't be very nice (or legal) of us to use characters that they do own copyrights for.
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
#4
It is perferred that you save a .psd or .esp which you'll hand over to us if you win this little contest. You will waive all ownership of the design and all of that standard stuff, the design becomes ours so you can't sue us for using it.

There might be a prize of a "free" t-shirt. Free is depending on where it is shipped, but Rad and I might just eat the cost of production/shipping for the winner.

There is no limit to the number of designs you may submit and there may be more then one winner. If you have anymore questions post them right here.
Reply
#5
I'm pretty sure it's not a copyright issue, it's a trademark issue. And as long as we avoid a mock Dragonball font there should be no problems. You can't trademark "ope" then file against anyone who has that in their trademark. But if it appears that you've stolen their design/name whatever then they have a case.

I'll look into it some more but I'm 90% sure it's a non issue.
Reply
#6
"DBZ" is a logo as a whole. Similarly, "CDBZ" is a logo as a whole as well. Koola's example was perfect. If that were the case, I could register "BZ" as a trademark and sue anyone who was using "DBZ". Any "CDBZ" logo we come up with will not be intended to copy, reproduce, or simulate the "DBZ" logo, it will something in its own right.
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
#7
Double post, get over it.

Quote:Originally posted by legalzoom
A trademark is anything that is used, or intended to be used, to identify the goods of one manufacturer from the goods of others. It is a brand name.


Quote:Originally posted by Dictionary.com
trade?mark Audio pronunciation of "trademark" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (trdm?rk)
n.

1. Abbr. TM A name, symbol, or other device identifying a product, officially registered and legally restricted to the use of the owner or manufacturer.
2. A distinctive characteristic by which a person or thing comes to be known

The DBZ logo is a trademark which, as stated in the above quotes, is used to identify a certain product, or brand of product. We are not using "DBZ" to label any kind of product. We're using "CDBZ" to label our product.

If anyone needs any more clarification than this, they'll have to find it on their own. Its not hard.
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
#8
Yeah, it wouldnt be having DBZ in our logo that would get us in trouble, its what the letters stand for. I mean if a company had CDBZ as Chubbs Dented Boob Zebras then DBZ couldn't sue. Ours however do stand for Dragon Ball Z and they probably could.

Im not a law student so my opinion doesnt carry much weight.
[Image: v4339d.png]
When in doubt: It was sarcasm.
Reply
#9
well.......

This website is completely unofficial and in no way endorsed by Akira Toriyama or TOEI ANIMATION.
? 2005 BIRD STUDIO/SHUEISHA, TOEI ANIMATION. Licensed by FUNimation? Productions, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Dragon Ball Z and all logos, character names and distinctive likenesses thereof are trademarks of TOEI ANIMATION.
All additional rules, information and work on these pages is ? Intellectual Property of Jeroen den Haan. All Rights Reserved to their respective owners.

Yeah CDBZ is the Intellectual Property of our Brain Child VJ oh how we love him so. Everything is reserved to their respective owners....CDBZ according to that statement has no affiliation with any of the above mentioned corporations and in fact is it's own entity. I see no reason why we could not print out logos of this web site for any reason what so ever. If they have no problem with VJ for hosting this site and using DBZ in the logo they honestly can just go shove it if we put it on T-Shirts.

EDIT: I'm gonna call a family friend who's a lawyer and see what he has to say >.> HOORAY FREE LEGAL advice.
Reply
#10
Here's a shitty version of the kind of thing we're looking for:

[Image: HOORAYCDBZcopy.gif]

Like I said, shitty, but it displays all the things we're looking for.
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
#11
I am completely willing to contribute to the costs regarding this, as I've been talking with Jeroen about this off and on for quite some time, and have wanted to push it, despite legal issues (which is where we agreed to let it go).
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply
#12
There have to be some costs for it. We can't these T-Shirts appear out of thin air.
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
#13
Quote:Originally posted by Reijin
I am completely willing to contribute to the costs
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply
#14
Of course, anyone wanting to contribute an image of Reijin is perfectly acceptable /plug

Seemings as he's not covered by the situation. I could give more of a real description of how he looks. He doesn't "look just like Sasuke/Itachi", its just that its easy to find images of them to use.
[Image: Ashe.jpg]
Reply
#15
What VJ means is that the price of the shirts will cover our costs.
Reply
#16
Quote:Originally posted by Raditzu
Here's a shitty version of the kind of thing we're looking for:

[Image: HOORAYCDBZcopy.gif]

Like I said, shitty, but it displays all the things we're looking for.

Can we try to keep this on-topic, guys?

Koola and I aren't stupid. We wouldn't be trying to do something if we thought it was going to get us into legal trouble. Let the staff worry about any legal implications of doing this and just work on those T-Shirt designs.

^_^

EDIT: We'd also consider making alliance-based shirts. So if you have something you'd like to see of your alliance on a T-Shirt, feel free to post it here.
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply
#17
And really, you could use up to 4 colors, but that will affect the price of the shirt. So yeah, we're serious here, please submit some designs.
Reply
#18
Make sure you tell us where we can get them. And try to make it possible for the thing to be posted to Europe. Im sure William and I would like to get something Big Grin
[Image: Tamsin-Signature.jpg]

Sage Wrote:Holy shit. The knives and everything.
Reply
#19
Next non-staffer to post in here that isn't posting a suggested logo is warned
Reply
#20
We'll make sure that we can provide shirts to as many people as humanly possible, and we will have all of the information available to all the members. Don't worry, this is being thought through.

^_^
[Image: Kaden2.jpg]
"It's on my brain, driving me insane.  It's on my mind, all of
the time, and if it left... I would be fine.
"
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)