Posts: 66
Threads: 242
Joined: Jan 2006
To me, its not the fact they are being killed, its how. My ancestors used to pray for the spirit of the animal because that animal was giving its life in order to sustain ours. it was a sign of respect for the animal, and never killed for the sake of killing. To do so was taboo. In recent years, what society has lost track of is that animals are our fellow beings, and are just as vital to the planet as we are, and should be respected. What those people on that video and the face transplant were doing, I doubt they even said thanks to the animal who had shared its fur to keep others warm or said thanks to the rabbit for helping advance surgical technology.
Fuck you, Photobucket.
Posts: 61
Threads: 398
Joined: Oct 2005
I'm inclined to agree with Violet, somewhat. People try to humour it and say 'it's just a rabbit' or whatever, but say that when you're having your throat slit for food. Personally I think nowadays people eat meat out of habit, not because they need to. They eat it because right now, people are more than happy to believe that being human makes us somehow superior, that we have 'souls' or some bullshit.
Humans are special, because we can make choices. We can shape the world how we like. Most animals are too dumb to make decisions, they simply run off instinct. However, that doesn't mean they don't feel pain. This is mainly just an expression of my own views, not specifically to the article.
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Posts: 66
Threads: 242
Joined: Jan 2006
Both actually. I couldn't watch much of the video. It sicked me out.
Fuck you, Photobucket.
Posts: 27
Threads: 530
Joined: Jun 2004
Hmmm....there was this one women how got attacked by a mountains lion recently, maybe a few months ago and she had reconstruction done to her face, though she still looks horrible =(...this would be good for her.
Posts: 21
Threads: 243
Joined: Nov 2001
You want to give her a rabbit face? That's just weird.
Posts: 27
Threads: 530
Joined: Jun 2004
No, but the general idea would server her well.
sick man *twitches nose*
Posts: 66
Threads: 1,078
Joined: Aug 2004
Quote:Originally posted by Garlic Jr
Quote:Originally posted by HellFighter 17
Face Off!
It's funny how people are all againt this kinda stuff yet y'all kill bugs all the time.
Actually if at all possible I catch the insect and let it go outside. Spiders too. Spiders give meh the jibblies.
Thing is, you're not a person. =\
Quote:Originally posted by Violet
Hell, i feel guilty killing that three inch spider crawling just on the wall beside my bed...he can bite me and make me have a hella alergic reaction, I'll prolly go into spasms and end up in ICU, but at least that poor spider would be just straight chillin on the wall above my bed, all 8 legs intact...oh well.
And you can kill it, why should its life be above yours?
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
![[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/hf17/HFSeventeen.jpg)
Posts: 66
Threads: 242
Joined: Jan 2006
light sarcasm. Of course i killed the little stalker spider.  =D
Fuck you, Photobucket.
Posts: 66
Threads: 1,078
Joined: Aug 2004
Quote:Originally posted by Violet
light sarcasm. Of course i killed the little stalker spider. =D
I know. -_- It can hurt you and you can kill it. Why should your pain be valued over its life?
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
![[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/hf17/HFSeventeen.jpg)
Posts: 21
Threads: 243
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 27
Threads: 530
Joined: Jun 2004
tch, 40 oz steak losers, medium well with A-1 sauce :O
Posts: 27
Threads: 530
Joined: Jun 2004
I took my girlfriend out to dinner last night for her birthday and christ I ate one of those steaks and ordered another one to take home =P damn good eating...I threw the green beans away *snickers*
Posts: 61
Threads: 398
Joined: Oct 2005
Quote:Originally posted by Jeice
Quote:Originally posted by Super Buu
Personally I think nowadays people eat meat out of habit, not because they need to.
Personally, I eat meat because it tastes DAMN good. That, and I don't think I could survive too well on a diet of straight greens, grains and non-meat protien.
That's what my opinions were about 2 years ago. It's a lot easier than you might think. I used to take the piss out of my brother, who was a vegetarian, I thought he'd revert to bacon sandwiches in a day. But a year later he was still perfectly healthy. All the stuff about 'needing meat' is bull. Like you said, people eat it because they're so used to it.
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Posts: 66
Threads: 242
Joined: Jan 2006
I <3 the occasional nice steak, with some steak sauce and some potato wedges, but not all the time. It gets boring...chicken, I hate bone chicken, mainly because it just reminds me too much that it was once a live being and its not too appetizing to see a vein pop out at you when you take a nice big chunk off the bone. >.< I tend to stick to my ramen noodles and nachos. Maybe an italian sub thrown in every once in a while for good measure. <3 salads...but I try and avoid meat when possible, but I <3 a cheeseburger every once in a while. Haven't tried tofu, although it does seem an interesting alternative...more humane too.
Fuck you, Photobucket.
Posts: 61
Threads: 398
Joined: Oct 2005
I don't think I've ever eaten tofu. I drink milk and have eggs, but mostly my meat substitution comes in the way of Quorn stuff and the like. A lot of it is actually nicer than the real thing, the rest of my family has started eating it as well as a kind of side-effect of me getting it all.
Nachos with jalapeno peppers and cheese = Win.
(*Wonders how this thread got so off-track...*)
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Posts: 21
Threads: 243
Joined: Nov 2001
Quote:Originally posted by Jeice
There's this local speciality burger you can get. 8 pounds of meat after you cook it for like...40 bucks. If you eat it all in one sitting at the table, by yourself., you walk away with it for free.
I was thinking about finding a large, hungry homeless man and treating him to dinner with a fourty dollar burger. See if it could be done.
Homeless people have very small stomachs... when you don't eat a lot for a long time your stomach reduces in size, so your best chance is to find someone who just ate a ton the day before. Also - grapes expand your stomach from what I hear. So eat a bunch of grapes the day before and you might be good to go.
Posts: 61
Threads: 398
Joined: Oct 2005
Have, as in eat. Sometimes I make little brown eggs though. Not many people buy them except this one Romanian guy on Ebay >_>
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Posts: 66
Threads: 242
Joined: Jan 2006
sigh...I wish i still worked at Taco Bell...i should go back to work there instead of this stupid jobs program shit.
Fuck you, Photobucket.
Posts: 66
Threads: 1,078
Joined: Aug 2004
Quote:Originally posted by King Cold
Quote:Originally posted by Metal Koola
Quote:Originally posted by Jeice
There's this local speciality burger you can get. 8 pounds of meat after you cook it for like...40 bucks. If you eat it all in one sitting at the table, by yourself., you walk away with it for free.
I was thinking about finding a large, hungry homeless man and treating him to dinner with a fourty dollar burger. See if it could be done.
Homeless people have very small stomachs... when you don't eat a lot for a long time your stomach reduces in size, so your best chance is to find someone who just ate a ton the day before. Also - grapes expand your stomach from what I hear. So eat a bunch of grapes the day before and you might be good to go.
How much is 8 punds, in kilos.
EDIT: SB, don't be silly, many romanian people buy brown eggs, they jsut don't like yours.
Eight pounds equals 128 ounces which equals 3.636 363 . . .
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
![[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/hf17/HFSeventeen.jpg)
Posts: 66
Threads: 242
Joined: Jan 2006
Quote:Originally posted by King Cold
Quote:Originally posted by HellFighter 17
Quote:Originally posted by King Cold
Quote:Originally posted by Metal Koola
Quote:Originally posted by Jeice
There's this local speciality burger you can get. 8 pounds of meat after you cook it for like...40 bucks. If you eat it all in one sitting at the table, by yourself., you walk away with it for free.
I was thinking about finding a large, hungry homeless man and treating him to dinner with a fourty dollar burger. See if it could be done.
Homeless people have very small stomachs... when you don't eat a lot for a long time your stomach reduces in size, so your best chance is to find someone who just ate a ton the day before. Also - grapes expand your stomach from what I hear. So eat a bunch of grapes the day before and you might be good to go.
How much is 8 punds, in kilos.
EDIT: SB, don't be silly, many romanian people buy brown eggs, they jsut don't like yours.
Eight pounds equals 128 ounces which equals 3.636 363. . .
Three kilos?? My dad eats more on a daily basis. And no he isn't fat.He has a diesease.
HF=
its
3.62873896 kilograms.
Insignificant, but still, a geek is a geek.
^_^
Fuck you, Photobucket.
|