Posts: 115
Threads: 680
Joined: May 2003
"Where the bloody hell are you?"
Does that sound offensive to you? It's become Australia's latest slogan for enticing tourists to our country. It is incredibly Aussie and if you've seen the advertisement (which you probably haven't because most of you are American) it's used in a very friendly sense. And yet, not only has Britain canned it from airing on television because it's 'offensive' (refering to the word 'bloody', which actually originates from them) but now the Candans are saying that the word 'hell' is too much for TV.
.....
Someone pick out the sense in that argument, please?
Posts: 61
Threads: 398
Joined: Oct 2005
Wtf? I hate my country. :evil:
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Old Captain Silver
Unregistered
It just proves that every other country sucks and that Austraila rules. I hope to go there some day.
Posts: 38
Threads: 75
Joined: Jul 2004
People say that in South Africa, I say it still now when I live in Canada. Not that line of words, but "bloody hell" all the time for sure is part of how i talk.
Posts: 33
Threads: 344
Joined: Nov 2004
Wtf? I love my country.
Posts: 37
Threads: 342
Joined: Feb 2004
Bloody, techincally is a blasphemous swear so... yeah. It used to be worse than it is now, what with everyone using it.
Sinners make the best Saints
![[Image: tobiasyu5.jpg]](http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/5609/tobiasyu5.jpg)
Posts: 21
Threads: 243
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 63
Threads: 81
Joined: Jun 2004
Britian for bloody okay, but Canada takes it out because hell is too much for TV... This creates a loss for words.
Posts: 66
Threads: 1,078
Joined: Aug 2004
I've heard worse schtuff on our channels. I think they just hate Aussieland. =(
We must break the rift, brother!
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
![[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/hf17/HFSeventeen.jpg)
Posts: 23
Threads: 148
Joined: Aug 2005
Quote:Originally posted by HellFighter 17
I've heard worse schtuff on our channels. I think they just hate Aussieland. =(
We must break the rift, brother!
Take down the government! Fight the power!!!
...? That is what this is about, right?
Posts: 37
Threads: 342
Joined: Feb 2004
Sinners make the best Saints
![[Image: tobiasyu5.jpg]](http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/5609/tobiasyu5.jpg)
Posts: 115
Threads: 680
Joined: May 2003
Bloody makes no sense. Bloody is used in Harry Potter movies by Ron all the time, and that's a children's movie, from Britain. Perhaps we would've been more successful if we just stuck a bunch of half naked, perhaps even topless chicks on the ad. I bet that would've passed. Half nakedness usually passes for inoffensive ads.
Posts: 85
Threads: 174
Joined: Jan 2004
Playing favorites. If you think I'm kidding, you're a moron. Canada never banned Sony's 'Hells Yeah' commercials. Shit, people drop 'hell' and 'damn', etc on tons of our ads. But believe me they pay for the opportunity.
"I wasted time and now time doth waste me."
"I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
Posts: 20
Threads: 100
Joined: Aug 2004
I think Britain and Canada are going a bit too far with this. As already stated, these words were already used in films and advertisements. Also, I cant see how these words are spoken in a insulting manner in the advertisement itself.
Posts: 0
Threads: 200
Joined: Feb 2006
Quote:Originally posted by Captain Silver
It just proves that every other country sucks and that Austraila rules. I hope to go there some day.
Posts: 133
Threads: 1,465
Joined: Jul 2002
I find this whole thread offensive.
DA08 Winner. "Screw them, this was her show now."
Posts: 66
Threads: 242
Joined: Jan 2006
Quote:Originally posted by Android-18
I find this whole thread offensive.
*claps* Amen to that.
Fuck you, Photobucket.
Posts: 66
Threads: 1,078
Joined: Aug 2004
Quote:Originally posted by Bra
Playing favorites. If you think I'm kidding, you're a moron. Canada never banned Sony's 'Hells Yeah' commercials. Shit, people drop 'hell' and 'damn', etc on tons of our ads. But believe me they pay for the opportunity.
Quote:Originally posted by HellFighter 17
I've heard worse schtuff on our channels. I think they just hate Aussieland. =(
We must break the rift, brother!
That's why it's sad I wasn't joking. =(
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
![[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/hf17/HFSeventeen.jpg)
Posts: 85
Threads: 174
Joined: Jan 2004
It's okay. We've still got the secret Canadian 24 hour rave that nobody else knows about. I'm DJing tonight.
"I wasted time and now time doth waste me."
"I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
Posts: 66
Threads: 1,078
Joined: Aug 2004
I don't think I've heard you DJ yet.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
![[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/hf17/HFSeventeen.jpg)