Posts: 15
Threads: 60
Joined: Mar 2006
I spent the last few days thinking of how to word this just right, after I'd finally decided to share my experience with everyone here. Somehow, I can't get the words to come out just how I'd like, in a way that wouldn't sound like I'm seeking pity, or looking for attention. But, I'm still going to try. A few nights ago, I went out to the bar with a friend. Nothing bad, so far. Getting drunk has been helping me deal with my problems. Actually, it hasn't. I guess I'm just looking for an excuse. Anyway, back to the subject at hand. I've been feeling really down ever since my wife told me she never wanted to marry me and was seeking divorce. It's a long story, one I don't fully understand myself, so I won't burden anyone with those details. While I was out at this bar, the opportunity came around to do some drugs, namely cocaine. Life sort of entered a downward spiral from there, though I felt pretty good about it at the time. Coke will do that. Now I'm so disappointed in myself that I know I'll never do that again and I have a feeling deep in my bones that something terrible will come from what I did. Some of the things I did were just... not in my character. I was even more annoying that usual. I chewed my fingernails down to bleeding, and I couldn't stop myself. Even when the pain was excrutiating, which it still is. It's a reminder that I'll never do anything so stupid again in my life. Sorry, I know I'm rambling on and not making any sense. I'll stop now, hoping that someone else will take this lesson to heart and not make the same mistake that I did. Substance abuse won't help the pain go away, it'll only ruin your life.
Posts: 66
Threads: 242
Joined: Jan 2006
Dude, my mom and dad both did coke back before I moved from Columbus. I know the effects of this, firsthand. It isn't a pretty result, teh recovering addict. I would show you a picture of what it looks like, but I trust you to listen to me when I say that there is nothing wrong with a first time experiment, BUT do not let it drag you down into its farce of a world, it may seem nice to be that high, but dude, the health effects are truly not worth it. Please, just don't do it anymore. I would not like to see another victim of this drug.
Fuck you, Photobucket.
Posts: 33
Threads: 344
Joined: Nov 2004
The important thing to remember is this: Cocaine and all that stuff will never cure your problems. You might get some sort of a sweet high at first, but when you settle back down, you're still in the problems. Worse, you have an empty wallet.
'Course, I can't speak from firsthand knowledge on this. I've never even SEEN cocaine.
Posts: 0
Threads: 200
Joined: Feb 2006
The effects are bad... and it WILL ruin your life. But more importantly, you will never have that feeling out of your mind, no matter how bad you know that shit is. My best friend died from a drug overdose, and he did it on purpose, cause' he was mad he did meth in the first place. But, yeah. Don't let it ruin the rest of your life. What's done is done. Just remember that it fucks you up for almost life. I'm speaking kinda first-hand. If my always high friend counts. "Ohh...yeah! Drugs suck but pot is natural." If it's the most natural thing on earth, it still doesn't help you any. And he ended up dying with meth, and crack all over his house. His suicide note told were he hid the shit. Back to subject, if you get caught, make sure to go to get therapy and never do it again.
Posts: 15
Threads: 60
Joined: Mar 2006
After I did it, I told my friends to literally kick my ass if I ever tried again. One of them would be more than happy to. :p
Posts: 20
Threads: 100
Joined: Aug 2004
Sorry that that happened to you. You can consider yourself lucky to not have been pulled into the whirlwind of addiction. You should also watch how much you drink. When drunk, a person can do the most irrational things imaginable.
Anyway, hope I wasn`t too critical.