Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
Uh... yeah.
Goku can a) fly and b) teleport. What's Ryu gonna do about that? Dragon Punch? Pfft.
BTW: Kamehameha > Shinku Tastumaki Senpuu Kyaku
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 21
Threads: 243
Joined: Nov 2001
Hey hey hey...
Don't be dissin' Ryu.
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
Not hatin' on the R-man. I actually like him a lot more than Goku, but seriously... what's he going to do about someone who can just float through the air endlessly?
Oh yeah, don't forget about Kitoun and the Nyoi-bo.
EDIT: Almost forgot: Goku's also telepathic. wtf... what's the point in people making this comparison. Goku's a character made to never be beaten. Ryu's just a human who kicks a lot of ass.
Like what if Solid Snake fought Goku. I don't think anyone would dare argue that Snake is less of a complete badass than Goku is. But Goku could punch through his head.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
I'd agree with the science dude if Goku et al. couldn't control their "uberbeams". If it does get deflected, they can simply redirect their energy.
In response to the uberbeams only breaking buildings: they were holding back. Goku would never fire a beam that could destroy the planet. That's very blatantly dictated by his goody-two-shoes character.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 66
Threads: 1,078
Joined: Aug 2004
If any of you remember, he directed a kamehameha towards Cell at the Cell games that would destroy the planet, but he teleported right before blasting it. I'm sure after playing the Budokais you all know it.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
![[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/hf17/HFSeventeen.jpg)
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
The Earth-shattering attack Jeice was talking about was actually fired by Cell. Goku flew into the air so Cell would divert the attack away from Earth.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 66
Threads: 1,078
Joined: Aug 2004
Oh, I just noticed that you said Goku always held back, so I pointed that out.
Also, if Vegeta when he first appears can blow up Arlia, I'm sure that much more can be done.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
![[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/hf17/HFSeventeen.jpg)
Posts: 23
Threads: 148
Joined: Aug 2005
When Goku fought Vegeta for the first time, I'm pretty sure Vegeta threatened to level the entire planet with his Galick Gun.
I could be wrong though, but I think that's what happened.
Posts: 66
Threads: 1,078
Joined: Aug 2004
Yes, and Goku went Kaioken times four, I believe.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
![[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/hf17/HFSeventeen.jpg)
Posts: 74
Threads: 160
Joined: Apr 2006
Call me a dumbass here. but I never took physics.. so alot of that made no sense to me.
In the world of cartoons and anime... alot of physics can get thrown out of the door. It's not exactly 100% realistic.
If we are goiong to base it on skills and such, Goku would probably still win because He's got the ability to learn things just by looking at them. IE: the Kameameha wave.
Though, I'm not going to be quoted on that becasue I don't know anything about Ryu really.
Now if we return back to how DBZ is and think of Ryu as just a strong human:
-Goku could deflect Ryu's attacks and use Dragon Fist.
-Goku could teleport and snap Ryu's neck.
-Goku could teleport and chop Ryu in the neck and simply knock him out.
Goku could do just about anything with teleport and win.
Solar Flash would be all it took as well.
But! Lets bring it back to reality one more time and give you the ulitmate rule:
Owners/Admin have the last say, so it really doesn't matter.
If you dont like how he does things... then leave I guess.
Just slap him one time on the way out for being such a fag.
Acctually, if you don't leave, slap him anyways for being such a fag anyways still!
First and current League Champion: Holder of the Torrent badge of Earth.
Reb: ya know
Reb: I think you're a fucking moron OOC
Reb: but I have to hand it to you
Reb: you've turned into a really good writer
Posts: 60
Threads: 575
Joined: Nov 2004
I think that we're all forgetting the 2 simple facts of Goku:
1) A building could fall on him and he won't die.
2) He can turn into a giant ape and step on Ryu.
Posts: 61
Threads: 398
Joined: Oct 2005
Of course Goku's not a complete badass - he's not supposed to be. He's a little dim, naive and too trusting. He could blow up the planet if he wanted to ... but he never would, he's too kind-hearted. That's the whole Goku paradox.
If beams can be deflected by a smaller beam, then wtf are beam struggles for? Stronger beams overpower weaker ones - that's made pretty clear in all of DBZ. Not only that, but Goku can punch through walls. It's not just the beams
Ryu comes from a universe where there are limits to how strong humans can get. Goku comes from one where there are no limits. No hate to Ryu and all ... but Goku would win.
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Posts: 74
Threads: 160
Joined: Apr 2006
Quote:Originally posted by Android 13
2) He can turn into a giant ape and step on Ryu.
I was going to say that but had forgo in the middle of shaking my head at the amount of times that fag said uberbeam...
First and current League Champion: Holder of the Torrent badge of Earth.
Reb: ya know
Reb: I think you're a fucking moron OOC
Reb: but I have to hand it to you
Reb: you've turned into a really good writer
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
Ok, so ignore the whole beam arguement. Goku is still stronger, faster, and has more experience as a fighter.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 85
Threads: 174
Joined: Jan 2004
Dude. Vegeta fucking blew up Arlia.
Despite the fact that it sucks since Goku's a total pussy, Goku is stronger than Vegeta. Especially considering this happens waaaaaaaaaay before any warriors actually get insanely strong. (Which implies that now Vegeta could, say, blow up a galaxy)
Hell, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there would have been an ep where SSJ Goku accidentally blows up reality. Like Rad said, he's basically the epitome of 'not-meant-to-be-beaten'.
The only person I can think of that could beat someone like that is Superman. And I hate Superman, so he doesn't count. Ever.
"I wasted time and now time doth waste me."
"I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
Posts: 66
Threads: 1,078
Joined: Aug 2004
Thor can beat Superman. =o
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
![[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/hf17/HFSeventeen.jpg)
Posts: 85
Threads: 174
Joined: Jan 2004
Well, actually, he can't. That's the reason I hate Superman. He is, quite literally, unbeatable. Even dying hasn't stopped the bastard. It's fucking boring because there's no challenge at that point.
I distinctly remember an event in which he heard a group of people plotting his death from far across the universe. Thus, Superman went there, killed them, and came back to Earth (other side of the universe) in less than a day. He's pretty much invincible. ...Boring.
"I wasted time and now time doth waste me."
"I just made you up to hurt myself, and it worked."
Posts: 61
Threads: 398
Joined: Oct 2005
I agree with Bra - a main character should never be 'perfect'. I believe strengths in your personality lead to other downfalls in your personality, and the same should hold true for good fight writing. Buu, for example, sucks at defence just because he hits so damn hard. That's kinda what sucked about DBZ as it went on.
I like the fact that Goku is stronger than Vegeta, though - since, like I said before, Goku has so many other personality flaws like his naivety. At least, until around the Cell saga when he began turning into generic do-gooder hero-person =/
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
Posts: 66
Threads: 1,078
Joined: Aug 2004
Superman is vulnerable to kryptonite, magic, and he is supposed to be powerful only in the light of a yellow sun.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
![[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v687/hf17/HFSeventeen.jpg)
Posts: 101
Threads: 407
Joined: Nov 2001
Quote:Originally posted by Jeice
Batman can beat Superman =(
He has, a couple times. Only because Supes was being a dick.
|