Posts: 52
Threads: 144
Joined: May 2006
First off, please no spamming!
The World Cup has offically kicked off today, with Germany vs Costa Rica
1. Your prediction on who you think will win the world cup
2. Your prediction on who you think will win the Golden Boot.
I believe the world cup is going to the hosts Germany!
I've already went to the bookies and placed down a bet for Adriano to score the most goals in the tournament. I decided not to place a bet on germany winning coz their odds of winning were to high, and I wouldn't get much cash back if they do win.
Predictions will last up to a week. Once you predict for a team and a player once, you aren't allowed to predict for another team or player again. I'll bump this thread once the world cup is over to see who was right.
Edit: As much as I want my country England to win I know that won't happen, so I'm sticking with the hosts!
Old Captain Silver
Unregistered
GO JAPAN!!!
US to win
no idea for the golden boot.
I only follow Ireland and japan in the world cup >.<
Posts: 154
Threads: 759
Joined: Nov 2005
I don't know shit about soccer, so I'll just quietly root for my country.
Posts: 60
Threads: 575
Joined: Nov 2004
Quote:Originally posted by Burter Jr
I don't know shit about soccer, so I'll just quietly root for my country.
Soccer seems too slow for me, though on occassions I do watch it...I just watched the top 10 moments of all time in "American Soccer". It was pretty sweet. But like BJ, I'll just hope that my country wins.
EDIT: Totally slipped my mind. Is the world cup like the biggest even in soccer or is there something better than that.
AKA
Football(american)
Has the Super Bowl - The biggest event in the sport.
Pro Bowl - Not so big, but the final event before the end of the season.
Posts: 45
Threads: 52
Joined: Feb 2006
U.S.A. ftw!!!
![[Image: uno.jpg]](http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l94/freakydink/uno.jpg)
Altyr: "its a big scary world, and I love high school"
shifobrains: I hate high school
Becca: I didnt graduate ;-;
Altyr: YOU GUYS FUCK UP GOOD ANALOGIES
Posts: 154
Threads: 759
Joined: Nov 2005
I prefer American Football, but I can agree that Soccer is a lot more fast-paced.
However, the most intense sport is, without contest, hockey.
Posts: 16
Threads: 102
Joined: May 2006
1. Brazil
2. Ronaldiniho . . .
Posts: 60
Threads: 575
Joined: Nov 2004
reason...I'd rather watch the football being passed around and something actually come of a play, versus watching the same, how every many, guys kick the soccer ball back and forth. 90 minutes of nothing but dribbling is kind of slow, nothing happens, then when there is a goal, it starts all over. They dribble, they pass, they dribble, they pass, etc. Kind of boring. At least in American football people get hit. Big plays happen a lot. The game isn't so repetitious that I fall asleep.
Anywho...from what I saw on TV, looks like America is the underdogs still...so I'm going to stick with them.
Posts: 63
Threads: 81
Joined: Jun 2004
Quote:Originally posted by Cargo
1. Brazil
2. Ronaldiniho . . .
Ronaldiniho is midfielder, who plays on the same team as the striker Ronaldo. How can you pick Ronaldinho! granted he is my pick for best player in the tournament, he won't score the most.
England to win
Thierry Henry of France for the Golden Boot.
Those are my picks, but Wayne Rooney could have a very good tournament once he gets back on the pitch from this injury.
Edit- Anyone else disappointed by the Poles losing to Ecuador? Come on Poland.
Posts: 52
Threads: 144
Joined: May 2006
Quote:Originally posted by Android 13
Anywho...from what I saw on TV, looks like America is the underdogs still...so I'm going to stick with them.
USA are ranked 4th in the world! Although you can call them underdogs, it's possible they can go far!
Posts: 63
Threads: 81
Joined: Jun 2004
Friggin Ireland couldn't even qualify...
This is my final thoughts.
Spain
Thierry Henry
Posts: 29
Threads: 303
Joined: May 2004
I know America wont win. I don't watch soccer but I have heard that America's team is okay but we definetly aren't the best.
Posts: 52
Threads: 144
Joined: May 2006
Wow Italy, who would have thought.
Posts: 11
Threads: 193
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 37
Threads: 342
Joined: Feb 2004
Sinners make the best Saints
![[Image: tobiasyu5.jpg]](http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/5609/tobiasyu5.jpg)
Posts: 11
Threads: 193
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 52
Threads: 144
Joined: May 2006
XD. Garlic Jr never fails to crack me up. Whether it was intentional or not.
Posts: 37
Threads: 342
Joined: Feb 2004
Man, Zidane is the only reason I rooted for France. Because of his name matching a FF character. And he headbutts people.
Sinners make the best Saints
![[Image: tobiasyu5.jpg]](http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/5609/tobiasyu5.jpg)
Posts: 63
Threads: 81
Joined: Jun 2004
Zidane, a national hero, has to go out on that note? I'm sorry but I'm dissapointed in Zinedine, and he is the greatest PK taker alive, and he might have spelled the difference. Also if Trezeguet would have done something on the offensive side after he replaced Ribbery, Thierry Henry might not have died trying to do it all himself. And Henry would have been a gem on PK's, since he would of been there instead of the woeful attempt by Wiltord. He got Buffon going the wrong way, half the net is open, and he puts it off the bar. Unlucky, but he should of done better. Zidane's actions though, one of the classiest players ever, and he goes out taking out mantinezi (sp) with a vicious headbutt to teh chest. My beef with that is i guarantee that linesman didn't see the foul, but they played it on the scoreboard, so the linesman was like 'oh ya i saw it... give em teh red'. friggin liar.
Posts: 11
Threads: 193
Joined: Apr 2006
Quote:Originally posted by Garlic Jr
Man, Zidane is the only reason I rooted for France. Because of his name matching a FF character. And he headbutts people.
That was so fucking awesome. Thats why he is my Hero.
|