Posts: 29
Threads: 303
Joined: May 2004
The last two weeks have been the most stressful of my life. Some of you are probably thinking "You're fifteen, you don't know stress"...
I am happy because I am going to New York on Saturday and this will be my last post as right now I have to pack my bags to go, I will be back next Friday or so I believe. The Apprentice I have to drop out of because I am going, but this isn't why I'm stressed.
Back to my first paragraph of you all thinking that. I know stress. The question is do you know the stress that I am going through?
I am just going to come out and say it.
I am going to the doctor as soon as I come back from my trip to New York. Why, you may ask? I have the possiblity of having cancer around my right leg and my dad is checking to make sure. We don't know for sure but apparently there are signs of it and my dad used to work in the hospital as an X-ray technician, so I suppose he would know some of this. So for the last two weeks I've been scared. I've almost come to tears a couple times and told a couple friends. It's been on my mind and I can't get it off. The thought of it scares the shit outta me...
I just wanted you all to know...
Posts: 56
Threads: 218
Joined: Nov 2004
Dude, that shouldn't happen at that young of an age. You won't die from this, if it's confined to your leg, but still...
I'm praying for you that it's benign.
Posts: 29
Threads: 303
Joined: May 2004
Quote:Originally posted by Android 20
Dude, that shouldn't happen at that young of an age. You won't die from this, if it's confined to your leg, but still...
I'm praying for you that it's benign.
That's what I thought.
Here's the really scary thing.
My dad says it could be some testicular cancer if it's that close and that it spread. That's when I really got scared.
Posts: 56
Threads: 218
Joined: Nov 2004
Well, you can actually check that yourself... for the testicular cancer, that is. But that... wow. It has GOT to be benign. They just can't... *cringes*
Hopefully it's still in the early stages. If that's the case, then they should be able to remove it without much incident. If not... well, several forms of cancer have been cured thanks to improvements in nanotechology and genetically modified viruses. Good luck, Tap.
Posts: 11
Threads: 193
Joined: Apr 2006
Dude, that sucks. A friend of mine last year thought she had cancer in her knee, so if just from that I know what you're going through. My prays go out to you bro...you'll make it.
Posts: 59
Threads: 188
Joined: May 2006
Tapion, this is the only advice I can give you man...
hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst.
Placed 3rd in Dante's Abyss 08
Posts: 133
Threads: 1,465
Joined: Jul 2002
I'm so sorry to hear that, you know I care about you  . I hope it isn't serious. Also, you may be 15, but anyone who thinks 15 year olds don't know stress, obviously don't remember. I had such a bad year then, and most people do.
Hun, just try to stay positive. I know it's hard, but you gotta keep your head up. I've faced many things in my life, maybe not cancer, but it's been rough. I can't say I know what you're feeling, but I know you can be strong.
Let us know what's going on as soon as you can. I may not be around as much as I'd like to, but my computer is always on, so just message me and we can talk  . *hugs* I don't pray, but I'll hope for your health.
DA08 Winner. "Screw them, this was her show now."
Posts: 59
Threads: 188
Joined: May 2006
Yeah, 15 was my most stressful age. I was shuffled around group homes and foster homes that year. It was horrible.
Placed 3rd in Dante's Abyss 08
Posts: 63
Threads: 81
Joined: Jun 2004
Tapion, my bro. I'm so sorry to hear this, you don't deserve this at all. Your one of the best people I've ever met, and you're still so young. I cringe at the thought. Im on AIM alot, i know we haven't talked in a while but hit me up. I'm actually visiting my cousins in Queens on Tuesday if you're still going to be in NYC i can try to find ya. Best of luck man, You'll me in my prayers.
Posts: 15
Threads: 60
Joined: Mar 2006
I understand what you're going through. In 2000 I had surgery to remove a cancerous lump from my left leg. It can be kinda scary. Good luck, my friend.
Posts: 29
Threads: 303
Joined: May 2004
Except I'm not sure yet but there are signs. I'll be pissed if they say I'm gonna die. Some major ass kicking will happen.
Posts: 129
Threads: 151
Joined: Jul 2004
Hold on to your nuts, man. Don't let 'em take your nuts!
I'm pulling for you. You're young and otherwise healthy, so you have a pretty good chance at kicking this thing's ass. Every day the technology to fight this stuff gets better and better, so your body picked a good time to have it, if it had to have it at all. Things will work out. Hang in there. Enjoy your trip.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=Pass you by, it's all in this life you have
Pass you by, good-bye to you=_
Posts: 9
Threads: 126
Joined: Jun 2005
EDIT: I deeply apoligize everyone, I got this thread confused with another.
In anycase, Tapion, your are certainly in my prayers.
I wish you the absolute best of luck!
Quote:Canera411: God is into anime.
darknessreign555: Well, he had to will it for a reason.
darknessreign555: "You know what I need, Archangel?"
darknessreign555: "What's that, sir?"
darknessreign555: "Animated knockers. Get on it."
Posts: 59
Threads: 188
Joined: May 2006
Well, not to be insensitive, but hey, look at it like this...
If you do have cancer (Hopefully you do not) and it is testicular cancer (Hope it isnt) then you can still have children. They will like collect your sperm before hand just incase you find the woman of your life and want children.
Placed 3rd in Dante's Abyss 08
Posts: 16
Threads: 102
Joined: May 2006
Being young and getting a disease sucks. I was 11 when I got diabetes so I kinda understand the situation. But, cancer is worse. However, I know you will be fine!
Tapion > Cancer
That's all there is to it. You will be fine. I have a hunch and my hunches are usually correct.
Posts: 23
Threads: 148
Joined: Aug 2005
I don't know you, but I've heard nice things about you.
So all I can really say is good luck, and I hope you don't have cancer.
Posts: 29
Threads: 303
Joined: May 2004
I wanted to say I just walked in.
I am getting it checked out next week. When I was with my dad he got all serious before I got on the plane and he was like "You wont be able to come the weekend when you get back but the week after I want you here"
So...I get checked then.
|