Posts: 16
Threads: 102
Joined: May 2006
Super Dragonball Z
&
Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2
What do you think of these games
and
Would you buy them?
Posts: 59
Threads: 188
Joined: May 2006
Best DBZ game ever..... DBGT: Final Bout
DBZBT2: Crap
Super DBZ: Crap
Placed 3rd in Dante's Abyss 08
Posts: 39
Threads: 58
Joined: Sep 2005
Quote:Originally posted by Gokua
Best DBZ game ever..... DBGT: Final Bout
DBZBT2: Crap
Super DBZ: Crap
If it weren't for it's oldness, Gokua, that would be the world's truest statement. That's an amazing game. I have the original, Japanese version. I had to install a modifier chip into my original PS to play it, so now my Playstation plays Japanese games.
Not my PS2 though.
Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Telling myself its not as hard, hard, hard as it seems
Posts: 39
Threads: 58
Joined: Sep 2005
RPG elements? I'm getting both, regardless of the quality.
And the large monster that Tapion fought went by the name of Hildegarn.
Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Telling myself its not as hard, hard, hard as it seems
Posts: 60
Threads: 575
Joined: Nov 2004
Quote:Originally posted by Puar
Quote:Originally posted by Gokua
Best DBZ game ever..... DBGT: Final Bout
DBZBT2: Crap
Super DBZ: Crap
If it weren't for it's oldness, Gokua, that would be the world's truest statement. That's an amazing game. I have the original, Japanese version. I had to install a modifier chip into my original PS to play it, so now my Playstation plays Japanese games.
Not my PS2 though.
I had the dragon hack thingy, where you had to leave your ps open and use a spring to hold the button down. lol
Posts: 4
Threads: 95
Joined: Jun 2006
Quote:Originally posted by Gokua
Best DBZ game ever..... DBGT: Final Bout
Lol, I played it, and it looks....ugh. Can't wait to get a PS2. If I am >.>
Posts: 66
Threads: 133
Joined: Dec 2005
Although it seems that many, many people didn't like DBZ:BT, I enjoyed it quite a lot over the other Budo games because I felt that it, more than the others, conveyed a real "DBZ" feel... So I can't wait for BT2! My biggest hope is that they enlarge the battle area, and balance the energy/physical attacks, because in the first game the former had ridiculous dominance over the latter... Unless you were REALLY good at 'vwee!' dodging.
Posts: 59
Threads: 188
Joined: May 2006
I had the same thing 13, lol. You needed the spring, but everyone lost it, so you got like a pen top of a broken toothpick, lol.
Placed 3rd in Dante's Abyss 08
Posts: 23
Threads: 148
Joined: Aug 2005
Quote:Originally posted by Kid Buu
Although it seems that many, many people didn't like DBZ:BT, I enjoyed it quite a lot over the other Budo games because I felt that it, more than the others, conveyed a real "DBZ" feel... So I can't wait for BT2! My biggest hope is that they enlarge the battle area, and balance the energy/physical attacks, because in the first game the former had ridiculous dominance over the latter... Unless you were REALLY good at 'vwee!' dodging.
I completely adored BT. Meleeing was fun, but it wasn't as DBZish...In DBZ, they're constantly changing between blocks and punches. If they can convey that it would be awesome.
Posts: 39
Threads: 58
Joined: Sep 2005
Quote:Originally posted by Kid Buu
Although it seems that many, many people didn't like DBZ:BT, I enjoyed it quite a lot over the other Budo games because I felt that it, more than the others, conveyed a real "DBZ" feel... So I can't wait for BT2! My biggest hope is that they enlarge the battle area, and balance the energy/physical attacks, because in the first game the former had ridiculous dominance over the latter... Unless you were REALLY good at 'vwee!' dodging.
That's what turned down the "awesome" factor of the game. There was no way to win without unleashing a cheap stream of energy attacks with a character that had good ki charge skills. Oh, and I'm also glad that you powerup in this game, to get to SSJ, etcetera. Because that also helps convey the DBZ feel. I really hope they, like Kibbles said, balance out the melee a bit more, and enlarge the playing field. And maybe make it even more destructable.
And there's my 2 minute rant on DBZ:BT.
Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Telling myself its not as hard, hard, hard as it seems
Posts: 39
Threads: 58
Joined: Sep 2005
Quote:Originally posted by Bujin
And I want to get DBZBT2 because of the new characters and ingame-transformation. Bujin best be in there >.>
Same with Puar.
<.<
Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Telling myself its not as hard, hard, hard as it seems
Posts: 59
Threads: 188
Joined: May 2006
Gokua better be in there. I mean, if they put some stupid character in there over Gokua I'll be pissed. A lot of people like Gokua more than Bojack.
Placed 3rd in Dante's Abyss 08
Posts: 23
Threads: 148
Joined: Aug 2005
Wasn't there a released list of characters. =(
Posts: 16
Threads: 102
Joined: May 2006
Quote:Originally posted by Gokua
Best DBZ game ever..... DBGT: Final Bout
DBZBT2: Crap
Super DBZ: Crap
Budokai 3 ftw!
Well . . . IMO Budokai 3 is the best DBZ game. Most characters with a decent fighting engine.
I've played Final Bout. It's good but can't look at it.
BT2: Seems like it would be alright, but not as good as Budokai 3.
Posts: 23
Threads: 148
Joined: Aug 2005
Quote:Originally posted by Cargo
Quote:Originally posted by Gokua
Best DBZ game ever..... DBGT: Final Bout
DBZBT2: Crap
Super DBZ: Crap
Budokai 3 ftw!
Well . . . IMO Budokai 3 is the best DBZ game. Most characters with a decent fighting engine.
I've played Final Bout. It's good but can't look at it.
BT2: Seems like it would be alright, but not as good as Budokai 3.
B3? I liked it, but it wasn't anything close to how DBZ fights.
If they balance out melee and ki, I figure BT2 > B3.
Posts: 59
Threads: 188
Joined: May 2006
DBGT: FB > All
Placed 3rd in Dante's Abyss 08
Posts: 0
Threads: 165
Joined: May 2006
Quote:Originally posted by Android 13
Quote:Originally posted by Puar
Quote:Originally posted by Gokua
Best DBZ game ever..... DBGT: Final Bout
DBZBT2: Crap
Super DBZ: Crap
If it weren't for it's oldness, Gokua, that would be the world's truest statement. That's an amazing game. I have the original, Japanese version. I had to install a modifier chip into my original PS to play it, so now my Playstation plays Japanese games.
Not my PS2 though.
I had the dragon hack thingy, where you had to leave your ps open and use a spring to hold the button down. lol
You mean the PS-X-Change 2 lol I still got mine but have it doesn't work for my PS2  lol I might just rebuy DBGT Final Bout and a PS so I can play it yet again.
|