Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Riddle
#1
OK, I got bored of writing my post, so here is a riddle.

8* *
4* *
2* *
1* *

A man needs to get across the river along with his four boats. He can put a smaller no. boat into a larger no. boat. Acording to the no. of the boat, that's how many days it'll take to cross the river. He can't put more than one boat into another boat. What is the least amount of days it'll take to cross the river? Please explain your answer.

I'll give a simple 50 Zeni to the winner.

*Side note*: It took my teacher three day to figure out.
[Image: uno.jpg]
Altyr: "its a big scary world, and I love high school"
shifobrains: I hate high school
Becca: I didnt graduate ;-;
Altyr: YOU GUYS FUCK UP GOOD ANALOGIES
Reply
#2
Put the 4 boat into the 8 boat, and then tie those to the 2 boat, and the tie the 2 boat to the 1 boat, and then go. One day.
[Image: visigjune08_v2.jpg]

Fuck you, Photobucket.
Reply
#3
There is no trick to it, and no bypassing of rules. You can't tie boats together or use a smaller boat to carry a bigger boat. If you get a one digit number, then you cheated.
[Image: uno.jpg]
Altyr: "its a big scary world, and I love high school"
shifobrains: I hate high school
Becca: I didnt graduate ;-;
Altyr: YOU GUYS FUCK UP GOOD ANALOGIES
Reply
#4
put 1 in 2=2
back in 1=1
1 in 4=4
back in 1=1
1 in 8=8

16 days
Reply
#5
I'll post again when someone gets it right...
[Image: uno.jpg]
Altyr: "its a big scary world, and I love high school"
shifobrains: I hate high school
Becca: I didnt graduate ;-;
Altyr: YOU GUYS FUCK UP GOOD ANALOGIES
Reply
#6
You again!?

=P


lol I'll look at this when I get back. XD

Edit: once again theres missing info so I'll be back with 3 diff ways =)
First and current League Champion: Holder of the Torrent badge of Earth.

[Image: retanesigcopy.png]

Reb: ya know
Reb: I think you're a fucking moron OOC
Reb: but I have to hand it to you
Reb: you've turned into a really good writer
Reply
#7
Retane: This isn't a trick question. There is a simple(or not so simple) answer to this question.

Everyone else: I thought I'll just bump this
[Image: uno.jpg]
Altyr: "its a big scary world, and I love high school"
shifobrains: I hate high school
Becca: I didnt graduate ;-;
Altyr: YOU GUYS FUCK UP GOOD ANALOGIES
Reply
#8
Lol. This reminds me of the one with the man and the 2 kids.
[Image: 1stAerosig.png]
Placed 3rd in Dante's Abyss 08
Reply
#9
20 days total.

put boat 4 in 8... go across.. then come back with boat 4
put boat 2 in boat 4.... go across.... then come back with boat 2
Put boat 1 in boat 2...... go across..... FINISH
Reply
#10
Where the hell did you learn math?

8+4=12
12=4=16
16=2=18
18+2=20

You edited before I got mine up...yet my way was still faster...
Reply
#11
Hence the number 20 in my post.....and i edited it before you posted as well


I guess we need another riddle if ours are the answer
Reply
#12
Put 4 in 8 = 8 days
4 goes back = 12 total days
2 in 4 = 16 total days
2 back across = 18 total days
1 in 2 = 20 total days





20 Days, total.


EDIT: It's amazing how many posts were put up within 30 seconds.
[Image: 1stAerosig.png]
Placed 3rd in Dante's Abyss 08
Reply
#13
I don't see how Murasaki's answer is wrong.
[Image: heydudezew6.png]
Reply
#14
Me either Krillin. I can't think of a way it would be faster. Unless you can load as many boats into the bigger number so that it doesn't exceed that number, but I doubt it.
Reply
#15
18

Put 2 in 8 .... go across, come back with 2 ====total 10
Put 2 in 4 .... go across, come back with 2 ====total 6
put 1 in 2 .... go across, Finish ===== total 2

10+6+2=18
Reply
#16
Thats still more then 16
Reply
#17
damn this is turning out to be hard

I also got this 17

2 in 4, bring 2 back = 6
1 in 8, bring 1 back = 9
1 in 2, FIn = 2
Reply
#18
More than 16.

Either Koola is mistaken, or he left a piece of information out, or he has some BS trick that doesn't make any logical sense whatsoever.
[Image: heydudezew6.png]
Reply
#19
Yeah i'm just throwing answer out there cuz i cant get anything less than 16
Reply
#20
put 1 in 8, come back=9
put 1 in 4=5
put 1 in 2=2

9+5+2= 16

Erm Murasaki got it =\

Unless you can come up with a less number in the final equation without redisributing them. Taking the 1 boat to bring you back makes the # of days less.


Or 8!

Stack them on top of each other and make 1 trip. for 8 days. And technically the there is only 1 boat in each boat.
1 is in2
2 in4
4 in 8

But technically! He didnt if the boat crossing the river was round trip or whjat.

Yes im being a moron here.

but...

Put 1 in 2=2
2 in4=4
4 in 8=8

8+4+2= 14
First and current League Champion: Holder of the Torrent badge of Earth.

[Image: retanesigcopy.png]

Reb: ya know
Reb: I think you're a fucking moron OOC
Reb: but I have to hand it to you
Reb: you've turned into a really good writer
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)