Posts: 45
Threads: 52
Joined: Feb 2006
OK, I got bored of writing my post, so here is a riddle.
8* *
4* *
2* *
1* *
A man needs to get across the river along with his four boats. He can put a smaller no. boat into a larger no. boat. Acording to the no. of the boat, that's how many days it'll take to cross the river. He can't put more than one boat into another boat. What is the least amount of days it'll take to cross the river? Please explain your answer.
I'll give a simple 50 Zeni to the winner.
*Side note*: It took my teacher three day to figure out.
![[Image: uno.jpg]](http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l94/freakydink/uno.jpg)
Altyr: "its a big scary world, and I love high school"
shifobrains: I hate high school
Becca: I didnt graduate ;-;
Altyr: YOU GUYS FUCK UP GOOD ANALOGIES
Posts: 66
Threads: 242
Joined: Jan 2006
Put the 4 boat into the 8 boat, and then tie those to the 2 boat, and the tie the 2 boat to the 1 boat, and then go. One day.
Fuck you, Photobucket.
Posts: 45
Threads: 52
Joined: Feb 2006
There is no trick to it, and no bypassing of rules. You can't tie boats together or use a smaller boat to carry a bigger boat. If you get a one digit number, then you cheated.
![[Image: uno.jpg]](http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l94/freakydink/uno.jpg)
Altyr: "its a big scary world, and I love high school"
shifobrains: I hate high school
Becca: I didnt graduate ;-;
Altyr: YOU GUYS FUCK UP GOOD ANALOGIES
Posts: 11
Threads: 193
Joined: Apr 2006
put 1 in 2=2
back in 1=1
1 in 4=4
back in 1=1
1 in 8=8
16 days
Posts: 45
Threads: 52
Joined: Feb 2006
I'll post again when someone gets it right...
![[Image: uno.jpg]](http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l94/freakydink/uno.jpg)
Altyr: "its a big scary world, and I love high school"
shifobrains: I hate high school
Becca: I didnt graduate ;-;
Altyr: YOU GUYS FUCK UP GOOD ANALOGIES
Posts: 74
Threads: 160
Joined: Apr 2006
You again!?
=P
lol I'll look at this when I get back. XD
Edit: once again theres missing info so I'll be back with 3 diff ways =)
First and current League Champion: Holder of the Torrent badge of Earth.
Reb: ya know
Reb: I think you're a fucking moron OOC
Reb: but I have to hand it to you
Reb: you've turned into a really good writer
Posts: 45
Threads: 52
Joined: Feb 2006
Retane: This isn't a trick question. There is a simple(or not so simple) answer to this question.
Everyone else: I thought I'll just bump this
![[Image: uno.jpg]](http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l94/freakydink/uno.jpg)
Altyr: "its a big scary world, and I love high school"
shifobrains: I hate high school
Becca: I didnt graduate ;-;
Altyr: YOU GUYS FUCK UP GOOD ANALOGIES
Posts: 59
Threads: 188
Joined: May 2006
Lol. This reminds me of the one with the man and the 2 kids.
Placed 3rd in Dante's Abyss 08
Posts: 45
Threads: 69
Joined: Jul 2006
20 days total.
put boat 4 in 8... go across.. then come back with boat 4
put boat 2 in boat 4.... go across.... then come back with boat 2
Put boat 1 in boat 2...... go across..... FINISH
Posts: 11
Threads: 193
Joined: Apr 2006
Where the hell did you learn math?
8+4=12
12=4=16
16=2=18
18+2=20
You edited before I got mine up...yet my way was still faster...
Posts: 45
Threads: 69
Joined: Jul 2006
Hence the number 20 in my post.....and i edited it before you posted as well
I guess we need another riddle if ours are the answer
Posts: 59
Threads: 188
Joined: May 2006
Put 4 in 8 = 8 days
4 goes back = 12 total days
2 in 4 = 16 total days
2 back across = 18 total days
1 in 2 = 20 total days
20 Days, total.
EDIT: It's amazing how many posts were put up within 30 seconds.
Placed 3rd in Dante's Abyss 08
Posts: 33
Threads: 344
Joined: Nov 2004
I don't see how Murasaki's answer is wrong.
Posts: 11
Threads: 193
Joined: Apr 2006
Me either Krillin. I can't think of a way it would be faster. Unless you can load as many boats into the bigger number so that it doesn't exceed that number, but I doubt it.
Posts: 45
Threads: 69
Joined: Jul 2006
18
Put 2 in 8 .... go across, come back with 2 ====total 10
Put 2 in 4 .... go across, come back with 2 ====total 6
put 1 in 2 .... go across, Finish ===== total 2
10+6+2=18
Posts: 11
Threads: 193
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 45
Threads: 69
Joined: Jul 2006
damn this is turning out to be hard
I also got this 17
2 in 4, bring 2 back = 6
1 in 8, bring 1 back = 9
1 in 2, FIn = 2
Posts: 33
Threads: 344
Joined: Nov 2004
More than 16.
Either Koola is mistaken, or he left a piece of information out, or he has some BS trick that doesn't make any logical sense whatsoever.
Posts: 45
Threads: 69
Joined: Jul 2006
Yeah i'm just throwing answer out there cuz i cant get anything less than 16
Posts: 74
Threads: 160
Joined: Apr 2006
put 1 in 8, come back=9
put 1 in 4=5
put 1 in 2=2
9+5+2= 16
Erm Murasaki got it =\
Unless you can come up with a less number in the final equation without redisributing them. Taking the 1 boat to bring you back makes the # of days less.
Or 8!
Stack them on top of each other and make 1 trip. for 8 days. And technically the there is only 1 boat in each boat.
1 is in2
2 in4
4 in 8
But technically! He didnt if the boat crossing the river was round trip or whjat.
Yes im being a moron here.
but...
Put 1 in 2=2
2 in4=4
4 in 8=8
8+4+2= 14
First and current League Champion: Holder of the Torrent badge of Earth.
Reb: ya know
Reb: I think you're a fucking moron OOC
Reb: but I have to hand it to you
Reb: you've turned into a really good writer