Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
So, I'm gonna try
#1
It's come to my attention that the general public of Chubbs feels that my job as a staff member has been less then acceptable. As a member of Chubbs, I do like to have fun and goof off, occasionally at the risk of someone getting their feelings hurt.

As a staff member, I pride myself on being very, very unbias. I know a lot of people think I favor some members, William in particular, over others. It's not the case, I promise. As Will can attest, we've got in many arguements over things I've forced him to edit, or have deleted.

I think that Chubbs has changed. It has gotten a little softer and it's tolerence for immaturity and offensive material has evaporated. Everyone has adapted to this except me. I've found that I'm the only staff member who refused to accept that Chubbs is always changing it's public opinion and soften up with it. As of now, I'm going to try my best to tone down my level in order to please the members, as that's the whole point of being staff.

I am a super moderator, and I do hold a level of authority not only over members, but in staff as well. I didn't earn it by being an asshole. I've put a lot into Chubbs and I feel I have a LOT more to give.

I'm not going to lie and say I'm sorry for all of the things I've said. But I AM genuinly sorry to Reijin and Hellfighter 17 for some of things I've said and done out of spite, and frustration. I AM sorry to members who feel that I have abused my power. I'm not sorry to those of you who actually did do the crime that deserved the time, so to speak.

Hopefully everyone can understand that I love Chubbs, as do we all. I would never want to do anything to cause it to run into the ground. I'm perfectly fine sacrificing a some immature jokes for the sake of a peaceful, and productive, RPG.

My AIM name is Rebinator, and my e-mail is Rebniks1@yahoo.com. I'm an open book, I love talking to people so feel free to drop me a line anytime. I don't want to be the scary mod anymore.

Except Kilah. I still hate you.
#2
Let's just all get along. =O

Anyways, yeah, everyone gets a little frustrated, but I don't think you show favortism to Will really. Otherwise he would have his power ups back and everything else he got.

I'm out of the loop anyway, I just posted because I hope this'll be a conclusion to every butting heads with one another and etc from what I've read on the boards. But one thing I can say, whether you're guilty of being immature, this is still a very mature move on your part.
#3
The reason it changed is because people started taking advantage of the relaxed atmosphere. It'll all get better eventually once the cancer cells work their way out or improve.

That said, I still think you are an asshole. I think you can be biased in some situations. But for some inexplicable reason I end up liking you more than I hate you at the end of the day. You have brought so much improvment to Chubbs I don't think anyone has a right to say you're a bad Mod or person.
Sinners make the best Saints
[Image: tobiasyu5.jpg]
#4
Quote:Originally posted by Garlic Jr
The reason it changed is because people started taking advantage of the relaxed atmosphere. It'll all get better eventually once the cancer cells work their way out or improve.

That said, I still think you are an asshole. I think you can be biased in some situations. But for some inexplicable reason I end up liking you more than I hate you at the end of the day. You have brought so much improvment to Chubbs I don't think anyone has a right to say you're a bad Mod or person.

Besides, there is always Kame House to do the goofing off and shit that little eyes don't need to see. =3
[Image: visigjune08_v2.jpg]

Fuck you, Photobucket.
#5
Check your PMs for my thoughts.
[Image: Ruhiel.png]
#6
I blame the newer people that came. Kick them all out, it was better without them.


Fuck the people don't change! =D


On a serious note, it is very responsible and respectable of you that you are actually taking in other opinions and are willing to change for the better of the RPG itself.
#7
got some words, i don't know gonna sing'em
here i go wanna try not to be lame
wanna make you feel the same i just wanna be someone
don't you know we tried to
do something new
it may sound real good,
but i don't think we're
getting through because
the kids don't like it
had a hit, famous?, no
easy come, easy go, should be
happy with what i got,
should be happy but i'm not
i just wanna be someone
don't you know we tried to do
something it may sound real
good, but i don't think were
getting through
because the kids don't like it
i thought there'd come a day
when i'd run out of things to say
but now i know it's true no one
listens anyway and all we wanted
was to do somethin' new
it doesn't sound so good and
i don't think were
getting through because the
kids don't like it no they don't
like it at all, anymore
[Image: RadOct.jpg]
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
#8
Quote:Originally posted by Burter
Because who cares about the life that he could have had?

Dun change coz it's a life you never had =x
Profile

[Image: marcus.png]

"Things change. People change. You. Me. Every one of us... Every day of our lives. The day ya' stop changin'... is the day ya' die."

Roster
#9
Meh, i like you man. Don't get changing because of the newer members attacking our ways! I blame the new guys though. Let's give the Spam/goofing off around here a level. We were always at like a level 4 in the spam/goof off region, not too high and not to low. Just right. Then we had an onslaught of like a dozen members who spammed the shit out of everything possible. Bringing the total spammage of the OOC boards to like Level 10. Code Red. so we brought shit back down by yelling and warning, but can only get it back down to like Lv. 7. So the goofing off has increased due to the fluxuation of noobiness on the boards. You don't need to change, just beat these youngin's into shape.
[Image: Minoshiav2.png]

The Prince of Darkness
#10
Quote:Originally posted by Shu
You may see me as the emo kid that no one remembers, and I see you as an arrogant, self centered bastard, but I think that's just the way we were meant to be. We may not see eye to eye...on anything, but to step up and do something like this takes guts, so kudos for that.

Wow calling him a self centered bastard and basically saying that's how you will always think of him is a little rude on the fact he is trying to change his ways for the people like you.

ggkthxbai
#11
Change is always good, as long a sit is for yourself. On that note, you need to learn to see things from different points of view better, in my opinion.
"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl."
[Image: HFSeventeen.jpg]
#12
I don't like the way you've responded to a few things in the staff board, but I don't lose sleep over it. You can be a hard ass, but again, I don't get bothered by it unless it's to me. You're right, you're staff for a reason. Softening up would be good, but not too much. I think I've been the same ever since I became staff, so yeah >.>.
[Image: A18Oct.jpg]
DA08 Winner. "Screw them, this was her show now."
#13
I think that you've definately progressed a bit at being a hardass in recent times, and I've obviously despised the "hate triangle" that goes on between you, HF, and Uub. So I really hate when something happens between one of you guys and someone else does something in response to spite them (I have to use the warning thing as an example).

However, I have to say that as long as you realize things like this and are willing to work on them, its a great thing Smile You have definately contributed a lot to the RPG, and while I'm not sure on things at the "authority" level sometimes, I do know that you are fantastic with the "creative" and "development" side of things. You add a lot to this site with your memorable sagas, and that's something that we'll always talk about, whether it be Friend or Foe, the new versions of Dante's Abyss (always a staple here ever since Jeff introduced it years ago), and many other ideas.

From a personal view, and I want you to know I say this as a friend, I believe the irritated side of you or ego side or whatever has come out more and more since the birth of your twin daughters. Shortly after that is when I believe I started to see a personality shift a bit. So I can only assume that due to events happening in your life between family and also the added stress from two more daughters needing your attention and in general causing some tension is the cause. So if you ever feel you need some help letting out some stress, just talk to us Smile
[Image: reijinchefsig.jpg]

"I'm gonna fuck that unicorrrrrn"
#14
Quote:Originally posted by Burter Jr
Except Kilah. I still hate you.


That part made me giggle.


FYI, I think you're the hard-working 'cool' mod, not the ass-hole. And I thought that ever since when I joined the first time.
#15
Thank you everybody for the overwhelming support, both in and out of this thread. I've gotten four PMs and countless IMs regarding the topic and I want everyone to know that I appreciate it.
#16
Quote:Originally posted by Hellfighter 17
Change is always good.

Definatly, look how I was when I started. I know we once had are diffrences, but I've always believed you've always made fair decisions, and contributed alot towards this site. If I can change, I know anyone can. *Thumbs up*
#17
Just my two serious cents as a non staff member. Change for the win. Every community goes through shifts in general attitude and its important to recognize that (as you have) and adjust accordingly. Obstinantely sticking to your guns just 'cause is, frankly, dumb.

To those who said "don't change" I ask this: what the hell are you talking about? Do you seriously believe that he's going to go through some life changing transformation because of an RPG? But yeah, to hell with consideration towards those who do have a problem.
[Image: RadOct.jpg]
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
#18
I agree with those who say change is good. When I was a WoW guild leader, me and the few remaining veterans used to complain that it "wasn't the same as it used to be", back before the game came out and people just had fun on the forums. But eventually I realised that, above all, change is necessary. Not all the old members can stay around forever. Eventually, everyone will leave. So new people, new blood, isn't an option - it's vital, unless you want the community to die out. It's the same with attitudes and opinions. You can't stick to the same principles as when the forum was just a few members who new each other well.

That said, I'm glad you're making a change for the better, BJ. I'm not going to lie - in the past, some things you've said or done have pissed me off. You're a good guy, but I think you can have a bit of a low tolerance level, which is something you really need when you're staff. As for 'bias', though, I think that's bullshit. You've always handled rewards professionally and impartially. Or at least, as much as that's possible for any human being.
[Image: superbuuelectricityne4.jpg]
Bra Wrote:People are dumb, essentially.
#19
Quote:Originally posted by Raditzu
Do you seriously believe that he's going to go through some life changing transformation because of an RPG?

That was my reaction.

I'm not going to suddenly become the nicest person in the world. Handling things with a little more professionalism isn't going to kill me
#20
I can still hate you, right? =(
[Image: OrionAug11.jpg]


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)