Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
So, I don't know about you guys, but when I here certain songs/albums, I get pictures of certain places/things in my mind. I just wanted to know if you guys had the same kind of thing going on. Here are some of mine:
Album: Running With Scissors
Artist: Weird Al
Association: Playing Final Fantasy 4 and 6 in my first house when I shared a room with my younger brother. Also the 4th of July.
Album: Nothing to Prove
Artist: Jeffries Fan Club
Association: Playing Lineage 2 in my 3rd house during summer break. This is probably my strongest association for reasons I can't fully explain.
Album: Hello Rockview
Artist: Less Than Jake
Association: Spokane -_- (stuf, fag.)
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 39
Threads: 58
Joined: Sep 2005
Artist: Green Day
Album: American Idiot
Association: Walmart. Strolling down the aisles of the energy drink section with my best friend, Kevin - and we then go buy a guitar. Weird, since I don't play guitar, and neither does he.
That's all I can think of right now. More later, when I'm not so distracted.
Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Telling myself its not as hard, hard, hard as it seems
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
I'm working on getting rid of the Hello Rockview one. While I love LTJ (and that album in particular) my feelings about that city are just as strong... just not as positive.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 53
Threads: 144
Joined: Mar 2004
I do the same with smells. Those cone-shaped air fresheners with the "After the Rain" scent, everytime I catch a wiff of that I imagine myself in my room playing KH2 on christmas. Christ that's an awesome game.
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
I just found a new one I didn't know I had.
Album: Turn the Radio Off
Artist: Reel Big Fish
Association: Hanging out in band room. After classes. Every day. Every year of high school. I got really sick of that room, but the speaker system kicked ass.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 4
Threads: 119
Joined: Sep 2006
I do movie scenes sometimes. Like choreography.
Song: "Hard Time Killing Floor"
Artist: Buddy Guy
Scene: My mother siezing on our couch. I was talking to her and she gradually became incoherent, then she stopped responding, then came the siezure.
Song: "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"
Artist: Jake Shimabukuro
Scene: Someone comitting suicide.
/depressing
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
Posts: 11
Threads: 193
Joined: Apr 2006
Closing time
Semisonic
Playing Legend of Zelda OOT while laying on my floor and raining outside....I dont know, but whenever I heard that song, oh god the feeling is great.
Posts: 33
Threads: 344
Joined: Nov 2004
Jimmy Wayne - Rabbit Gets the Gun
Metroid Prime, in the Phazon Mines.
Posts: 4
Threads: 95
Joined: Jun 2006
Song - Way Away
Artist - YellowCard
Association -
http://cyty.com/robocom
No idea why though...
Also:
Song - Hell Song
Artist - Sum 41
Association - Writing an RP for any text-based RPG while it's raining outside.
And as a coincidence, everytime I played this song while it was raining, I RPed.... >_>
Posts: 4
Threads: 119
Joined: Sep 2006
"So Cold" by Breaking Benjamin has a
strong affiliaton with this saga me and Gohan did a while back.
Uub being a n00b lawl
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
Posts: 101
Threads: 407
Joined: Nov 2001
Quote:Originally posted by Raditzu
I just found a new one I didn't know I had.
Album: Turn the Radio Off
Artist: Reel Big Fish
Association: Hanging out in band room. After classes. Every day. Every year of high school. I got really sick of that room, but the speaker system kicked ass.
hahahahahahahahahaa. Hell yes.
Posts: 0
Threads: 31
Joined: Oct 2004
Quote:Originally posted by Kami
Quote:Originally posted by Raditzu
I just found a new one I didn't know I had.
Album: Turn the Radio Off
Artist: Reel Big Fish
Association: Hanging out in band room. After classes. Every day. Every year of high school. I got really sick of that room, but the speaker system kicked ass.
hahahahahahahahahaa. Hell yes.
The song that always reminds ME of the band room is "Because we Can" from Moulin Rouge. I swear Brandon played that song like every day.
Also, whenever I hear the song "You've Lost that Loving Feeling" it brings me back to hitting on the Color Guard (I can call them that because none of them are here to bitch at me for it).
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
"Because We Can" always puts me in the back of Char's convertible screeching out of the school parking lot.
"You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling"
...
I don't think the english language is properly equipped to describe what that makes me feel.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 0
Threads: 31
Joined: Oct 2004
"To a New Dawn"...
One with friends
Posts: 28
Threads: 7
Joined: Sep 2006
Album: One by One
Artist: Foo Fighters
Association: Playing Jade Empire. <.<
Quote:SpotConspiracy (11:26:20 AM): I pretty much do any saga.
SpotConspiracy (11:26:30 AM): "HELLO KITTY SAGA!? COUNT ME THE FUCK IN."
Posts: 101
Threads: 407
Joined: Nov 2001
Quote:Originally posted by Raditzu
"You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling"
...
I don't think the english language is properly equipped to describe what that makes me feel.
It's a bunch of unpleasant sounds all mashed together.
Posts: 36
Threads: 130
Joined: Oct 2001
Artist: Utada Hikaru
Song: Tokyo Love
Me driving down Naha City with.... someone very special...
~Semper Fidelis~
Posts: 11
Threads: 193
Joined: Apr 2006
Bad Religion
Sorrow
dissecting a pig sophomore year.
Posts: 169
Threads: 575
Joined: Oct 2001
December Wind or something like that, by Collective Soul.
Makes me think of sitting at a friend's house about 11 years ago playing Magic in his living room floor, no joke.
"I'm gonna
fuck that unicorrrrrn"