Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Good Books
#41
I'll pick it up once I've finished reading Christine. The film was passable, but the book is ten times better.
Reply
#42
Which sums it up that novels are way better than their film versions.

Edit: 'Much Ado about nothing' is a great example.
Reply
#43
Yeah, King makes an exception though with a few; Green Mile, The Shining, Pet Sematary, and apparently in '08, It is being remade as a 4 hour film.
Reply
#44
I concur with Green Mile.
Reply
#45
What, that the movie is better than the book? Green Mile is one of the greatest books I've read in my entire life (though, admittedly, the movie is one of the best I've ever seen as well).
[Image: heydudezew6.png]
Reply
#46
I'll agree with Krillin, Green Mile may be long as hell but it's a great movie. Desperation by Stephen King was kickass...they should make that into a movie...a new movie. Not the old one I think they made a while back unless I'm confused and mistaken.
Reply
#47
I love long ass movies btw. they are usually rated as 'One the Greatest movies of all time' I don't mind short and sweet movies, but I definately prefere long and epic. I couldn't care less if it's 3 and a half hours. My ass will stay on that seat with my eyes glued to the screen.
Reply
#48
Green Mile is defintly that movie, it was pretty good. I expected it to be basically shitty cause I had no idea who played in it, my sisters and then current girlfriend was like "No more video games...it's movie time." and unplugged my nintendo 64 and put in The Green Mile.

Needless to say twenty minutes went by and I was into the movie. I like the Shawshank Redemption even though I have never had the chance to watch the first thirty-forty minutes of the movie. Everything else I've seen, the ending where Andy escaped and the warden kills himself was more than I could hope for.
Reply
#49
Friday Night Lights was a book. And the movie almost made me cry.
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
Reply
#50
Shawshank Redemption was off the hook.
Reply
#51
The Giver is going to be a movie. There was a teaser a while ago, I didn't pay attention. Having not read the fucking book. =/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N560NCIsaS8

Looks pretty cool I guess. I don't know, should I read the book? Is it like, unmissable?
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
Reply
#52
Never gonna' make you cry, never gonna' say goodbye, never gonna' tell a lie, and hurt you!

Sorry.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)