Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Public Opinion
#1
Before DA i was planning on it being my last Hoorah for a while, since generally it's the only staff-planned saga that i do any good in. But unfortunately, i couldn't keep up.

Is it worth taking the break again? or is there something else planned before turnover?

Basically, should i stay or give it another shot? This place has given me so much entertainment the last 2 years, i figured i'd try to get some opinions from the people that make this place what it is.
[Image: Minoshiav2.png]

The Prince of Darkness
Reply
#2
At least stay OOC.

If you enjoy writing Minoshia still, whether it's a saga or not, stay and write. If you can't just write him for fun, then yea...drop it.
[Image: BurterJune08.jpg]

Want a cookie?
Reply
#3
You're a good writer, Mino. I'd say stay.
Reply
#4
It has nothing to do with being a good writer or not. But who are you? because you're in my alliance. and i'm not even in it. Smile
[Image: Minoshiav2.png]

The Prince of Darkness
Reply
#5
Quote:Originally posted by Minoshia
It has nothing to do with being a good writer or not. But who are you? because you're in my alliance. and i'm not even in it. Smile
Retane said he was reforming it, so I asked him if I could be in it. If that's not okay with you I'll leave, since you're the former leader.

Also, back on subject: Do you like writing as Mino?
Reply
#6
Mino, people enjoy your writing, and people will most definitely want you to stay. Like Burt said, if you don't enjoy writing as Mino anymore, then make an OOC account. I don't want to see anyone else as Mino, but it's your choice. Keep him if you're still having fun, don't if you're not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=Pass you by, it's all in this life you have
Pass you by, good-bye to you
=_
Reply
#7
I'm staying as Minoshia after turnover, i enjoy him. I fully plan on being the Evil character on this site now and for awhile. It has more to do with my confidence. I just lost to people that i used to beat in one on one fights, I'm slipping, i'm not writing as good as i used to. Something is going on.

Edit: Ya i fully understand that they're getting much much better, but It seems like i'm hitting a plateau (sp.).
[Image: Minoshiav2.png]

The Prince of Darkness
Reply
#8
Just keep writing. A lot of people in DA are suffering from rust, and it just must've gotten the better of you. Just keep going, and eventually, you'll be back to your former self. Don't worry about it. People love your writing, as Bardock said.
Reply
#9
Quote:Originally posted by Minoshia
I'm staying as Minoshia after turnover, i enjoy him. I fully plan on being the Evil character on this site now and for awhile. It has more to do with my confidence. I just lost to people that i used to beat in one on one fights, I'm slipping, i'm not writing as good as i used to. Something is going on.

Don't use DA as a measuring stick for your writing. Don't take it personally. DA is based off a single judge (no offense intended). Yeah, it's great when people praise your writing, but you need to write to YOUR satisfaction. If you personally are not satisfied with your writing, change it up and do something different. Slow down. Don't force yourself to write.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_=Pass you by, it's all in this life you have
Pass you by, good-bye to you
=_
Reply
#10
Quote:Originally posted by Minoshia
I'm staying as Minoshia after turnover, i enjoy him. I fully plan on being the Evil character on this site now and for awhile. It has more to do with my confidence. I just lost to people that i used to beat in one on one fights, I'm slipping, i'm not writing as good as i used to. Something is going on.

Edit: Ya i fully understand that they're getting much much better, but It seems like i'm hitting a plateau (sp.).

PLEEAAASEEEE!! Without meaning to offend any one of those four, if it wasn't a gang rape against you, you could have out rp'ed each and every single one of them in my opinion.

Your a great writer, your not slipping. But yes there are other very good writters out there too, you should use that as motivation though. If you can stay ahead of really good writters, what does that make you? A great writer! Always strive to improve.
[Image: curvedcopy.gif]
Reply
#11
Fuck you bitch!!!

Horsemen! 4 life!

The Evil character. Pshhh lol we should have a challenge to see who the more vile is. lol

I liked Rping with you. It just seemed maybe you tried to hard in DA. I only read that one post though, so I don't know.

I can click with your writing... always have. I know if I can, then almost everyone can. Cept for that DA post>_> lol
First and current League Champion: Holder of the Torrent badge of Earth.

[Image: retanesigcopy.png]

Reb: ya know
Reb: I think you're a fucking moron OOC
Reb: but I have to hand it to you
Reb: you've turned into a really good writer
Reply
#12
Quote:Originally posted by Minoshia
I'm staying as Minoshia after turnover, i enjoy him. I fully plan on being the Evil character on this site now and for awhile. It has more to do with my confidence. I just lost to people that i used to beat in one on one fights, I'm slipping, i'm not writing as good as i used to. Something is going on.

Edit: Ya i fully understand that they're getting much much better, but It seems like i'm hitting a plateau (sp.).

I'm feeling the exact same way lately. I don't feel myself getting better anymore, and I don't have the time to devote to posting that I used to. That's why I didn't do DA... I didn't like the feeling of obligation; it was being counter productive.

Best thing would be to get a writing partner that can challenge you/keep up and do a storyline or something. Take months to finish if you have to. Kind of like that thing you had going with GJ back when you first started. And just do it at your own pace, hopefully feeling yourself getting reestablished as it progresses. If not, then just bum around posting every two years. None of this leaving foolishness. >.>
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)