Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Cdbzrpg.com
#1
That's right folks, this server is OUR'S. We're not going to get into a discussion about what happened or what might happen later. Right now, we're gone from the old server and we're here on our brand new website.

Please bear with us. The upgrade defaulted a lot of things, mainly permissions, so we're still getting our bearings on this. But a lot of good came from it; namely quick replies and multi-quotes. Also, the report to moderator button should actually work now, so instead of IMing us random things, you can just click the report button and we'll see it in the panel.

One thing I want to do is move from the warning board we have to the forum-incorporated infraction system. We'll get more into that when the entire staff can decide what we're doing.

And yes, just so it's clear: Josh is the super administrator. But nothing has changed. He will simply be supervising. Raditzu and Reijin still run the staff. Bardock and I are still the super mods. The staff will still be structured just as it's always been structured. The ownership will be split amongst Josh, Raditzu and Reijin.

With all that out of the way, let me welcome you to CDBZRPG!
Reply
#2
I would just like to express thanks to Josh, David, and the rest of the staff for the quick actions they took to make this transition as smooth as possible.

No one was expecting this to happen, but I think Chubbs will come out better for it. With the change in servers and forums, the staff will be much better equipped to aid the members, update the main site, and just facilitate the overall functioning of this RPG.

That said, we are still in something of a transition period, and everyone will be on a learning curve, so I ask that all of the members please be patient as we get everything figured out. While we did some some of the custom functions of the old forums, we have gained many new ones and things will only get better as we learn the ins-and-outs of what we have now. I understand that some of you may feel out of your "comfort zones," but that's simply something we will all have to get used to as time goes on.

So, once again, please have patience with us while we are still figuring everything out. I think we all can agree that these goings on have left us with a lot to process. However, I have absolute confidence that Chubbs will come out better than ever when this is all said and done.
[Image: RadOct.jpg]
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Reply
#3
Way to go guys! The site and forums look awesome.
Reply
#4
Where do you go for training?
Reply
#5
Training is offline for now.
Reply
#6
Rather than overwhelm you with one of my posts, I'll just echo Rad's, since I'd have worded it the same.

This was unexpected, but it was honestly something we planned to do all along. This was one of the Turnover updates we wanted to do, but were holding off on. It got pushed ahead on the timeline, cool.

That said, this does better equip us to do our jobs since we can now structure things more properly and have the correct accesses and the authority to do our jobs.

So welcome to the new Chubbs DBZ RPG.
Reply
#7
Does this mean we are done with Jeroen completely?
"We pissed away all the money on rock n' roll."
-Slash
Reply
#8
Bojack Wrote:Does this mean we are done with Jeroen completely?



Currently. That's debateable. We have things we need to work out with him, but if he never arrives back at the site, that's ok as well.
Reply
#9
Well, anyways, this looks like it will be fun...
Reply
#10
I was wondering if we're going to have issues with the training program that will be unresolved. Since I believe that Jeroen did the coding on the previous one, will it be salvageable? Or are we gonna try and make a new one somehow?

Also, I assume this is going to be our turnover boards?

EDIT: And one last question. Will be be able to get the old skin back? It would definitely help me shift into MY comfort zone. xD
[Image: Celsigcopy-1.jpg]

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Telling myself its not as hard, hard, hard as it seems

Reply
#11
We're working on all of the above
[Image: BurterJune08.jpg]

Want a cookie?
Reply
#12
Bojack Wrote:Does this mean we are done with Jeroen completely?

As of right now, no. Like Reijin said, there are still things that we'll need to talk to Jeroen about.

I want to make it perfectly clear, though, that this was not done to usurp ownership from Jeroen on any conceivable level. There absolutely no malicious intent on the part of the Chubbs staff.
[Image: RadOct.jpg]
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Reply
#13
Waffuru Wrote:Training is offline for now.


When it does come back online, do we get the points we were supposed to get all those weeks? In other words,will the points accumulate and if the training isn't online three weks from when we last trained, wil that rule of cutting them of stillbe applied?
Reply
#14
Quote:Still working on it. You're not missing out on any training points because it's not being updated weekly yet.

I'll post an announcement when it's up.

Just in case you missed it. =D
[Image: mowgli.png]
^Props to Aero^
Reply
#15
You'll get at least one weeks worth of training. It should, hopefully, not be done much longer than that. I think it's likely that you will get all the missed training.
Reply
#16
OMFG! STUF NEWB! I'm just glad Chubbs is alive and kicking again . . .
Reply
#17
I don't really see any reason to issue out "makeup" training points due to the fact EVERYONE is missing out equally so its equates to the same end result with a lot more hassle.
Reply
#18
I just discovered something else about the new chubbs...it glows in the dark!! Big Grin Way to go guys!
Reply
#19
You guys can use the report to moderator button if nessecary, but obviously, don't abuse it.
[Image: BurterJune08.jpg]

Want a cookie?
Reply
#20
MIA rules are... what exactly at this point?
Roster | Character Vault | Last RP

[Image: AquasigII-1.jpg]
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails
at a given time is a function of power and not truth.

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)