Posts: 0
Threads: 114
Joined: Jun 2007
What do you think of approval ratings? I think they are shit. Not that I don't value member input, there is a lot of stuff that is done behind the scenes that you guys aren't really aware of and may impact your ratings. You'd be surprised at how much staff does that you guys don't notice- it's shocking :O
Posts: 169
Threads: 575
Joined: Oct 2001
Sums it up.
Josh Wrote:What do you think of approval ratings? I think they are shit. Not that I don't value member input, there is a lot of stuff that is done behind the scenes that you guys aren't really aware of and may impact your ratings. You'd be surprised at how much staff does that you guys don't notice- it's shocking :O
Posts: 492
Threads: 1,654
Joined: Jan 2004
Quote:GTFO WIT TAHT SHAT
btw, I'm lonely in Vent
Want a cookie?
Posts: 169
Threads: 575
Joined: Oct 2001
I'll be on after a shower.
Oh, and Reb, you are proving my point in the Raditzu thread. About people judging staff over specific actions without knowing who was the decision maker in those specific actions.
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
I've actually never wanted to tell another staff member "go fuck yourself" in public before.
First time for everything.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 492
Threads: 1,654
Joined: Jan 2004
I hope you're talking about Tim =(
Want a cookie?
Posts: 169
Threads: 575
Joined: Oct 2001
Raditzu Wrote:I've actually never wanted to tell another staff member "go fuck yourself" in public before.
First time for everything.
He's seriously stressing the "in public" part.
Posts: 0
Threads: 132
Joined: Aug 2006
I think Rad seems to have a clear concept of how staff should function with the community. The rest of you obviously have nothing to gain from direct member input...
Roster | Character Vault | Last RP
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails
at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Posts: 0
Threads: 132
Joined: Aug 2006
I can't edit my above post, but I didn't mean all of staff, I meant those bitching about the others who are willing to open themselves to criticism for the sake of potential improvement. Excuse my double post, I apologize.
Roster | Character Vault | Last RP
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails
at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Posts: 492
Threads: 1,654
Joined: Jan 2004
You're right. I have nothing to gain from it. Which is why I'm not doing it.
Want a cookie?
Posts: 0
Threads: 132
Joined: Aug 2006
I think it's hubris that makes a person think they can't improve from thee suggestions of those over whom they have authority.
Roster | Character Vault | Last RP
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails
at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Posts: 169
Threads: 575
Joined: Oct 2001
Aqua Wrote:I think Rad seems to have a clear concept of how staff should function with the community. The rest of you obviously have nothing to gain from direct member input...
Since you decided to bring that up for discussion so politely, you are saying that simply because he gave you your way. Its become quite clear that as long as the staffer in question agrees with you (since, yes, we know, you were admin of your own site) then they are doing it completely right. If they do not agree or still feel a different course of action is the appropriate one over what you want, then they need to learn to staff better.
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
Nevermind.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 492
Threads: 1,654
Joined: Jan 2004
We disagree then, and I can honestly say I don't care.
Want a cookie?
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
This is locked. Don't post here any more.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 169
Threads: 575
Joined: Oct 2001
Rad, I agree with your basic point. However, for the rest... I'll have to bring it up on the staff forum.