Posts: 0
Threads: 132
Joined: Aug 2006
Mine was counted as a 'no' right? And I'd say that if half of the community (or in this case more than half) doesn't want someone to be here, then it isn't wise to ignore that.
Roster | Character Vault | Last RP
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails
at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
Goku Junior Wrote:Cons: You may have to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesn't do anything wrong, but as far as this one goes, that's what staff should do anyway.
If the cons were that simple, we probably would have let him back in by now. Its not something that you can trivialize with an oversimplification.
He, quite literally, erased years of work that the staff had put into this RPG. He did it by exploiting the trust of the "friends" he had made on this website, and received a permanent ban from Chubbs as a result.
What kind of message or precedent would we show by letting him back in?
You can't try to summarize it in 30 words and have an understanding of the situation. And, to be honest, the "what staff should do anyway" was borderline insulting. If you didn't intend it to be so, then I suggest you actually think about what you wrote before hitting "submit reply" next time.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 0
Threads: 17
Joined: Aug 2007
10-04-2007, 05:53 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2007, 06:04 PM by Goku Junior.)
erg...sorry. :\ I was trying to be light hearted about it.
It wasn't meant to be insulting.
As for this part:
"What kind of message or precedent would we show by letting him back in?"
Compasion. Forgiveness. Understanding. Those 3 things are what's missing in this world these days and to be frank, it's what we need in order to maintain any kind of working society. Besides, 11 other people agree that he deserves a second chance, two of which are staff, but ultimately it comes down to you and Burter, in which case the votes are split.
But yeah, I REALLY didn't mean for that to be mean and nasty Raditzu, I'm sorry about that.
Posts: 17
Threads: 44
Joined: Jul 2006
I change my vote to no. If he was to be let back in, anyone in the future could think "Oh, if I do some crazy shit they won't ban me forever, they'll let me back if I'm nice after a while."
Ok, maybe not those exact words. Its just that so far the only permanent ban is seen work is the one for Dana. Max's was lifted and then he was banned again, so that was more like an extended vacation IMO. Now I know Dana is no Max, but the fact is that no matter how badly he regrets its, he did deserve that sentence. Although some of us beleive he is a good guy and would love to see him rp here again, we shouldn't change the way the rules work just because of this. A permenet ban should be just that. Permanent.
![[Image: mowgli.png]](http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q218/Aerogfx/sigs/mowgli.png)
^Props to Aero^
Posts: 0
Threads: 17
Joined: Aug 2007
The two that I know of that were perm banned at least.
#1: Is doing great now, and is still roleplaying here!
Max: Banned again.
So as far as people being perm banned and getting back in, it's really up to you guys, but I'm not even going to mess around anymore. I've been in this RPG for a while now and I thought that I was doing great. I didn't want to say who I was because I didn't want people to freak out about me being here. I know that this is going to get spun around and thrown in my face about being deceptive and stuff, but frankly, I'm used to it.
I'm Dana. Big shock, lol.
Anywho, this will, I'm sure, be my final post here, I wanted nothing more than to roleplay here and have fun, but I can't knowing that I'm not allowed to have any kind of relationship with anyone because I have to hide who I really am.
But I will leave on this note. The chubbs staff, HF-17 (Mike), hacked my account and everyone over here had a good laugh about it, but then you all turn around and won't let me back in, even though you did nothing to him about it.
All I can say is that I still have a ton of respect for this community as a whole and really want to be a part of it and regain a bit of the positive fame I had before, it sucks being the guy that messed up chubbs and can't do anything about it.
Posts: 492
Threads: 1,654
Joined: Jan 2004
It's really nobody's fault but your own.
Want a cookie?
Posts: 0
Threads: 17
Joined: Aug 2007
10-04-2007, 06:35 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2007, 06:41 PM by Goku Junior.)
I know. And if I could explain myself to everyone, i would...but no one wants to hear it, so everything I do/say falls to deaf ears.
It's like this.
Someone told me Staff makes daily back ups of the forum. So I deleted them thinking that the staff would merely be pissed because they had to upload them. Come to find out, they didn't have any back ups. Needless to say, I nearly shit myself because of it.
I had a very bad time in Real Life going on and the sympathy I got from people was nothing short of "get over it, no one cares". So I lashed out. Hell, I even offered to help pay server costs, board costs, and everything, so it's not like I'm not trying to fix what I did.
Three people have been Perm banned and tried to get back in.
1 is back in and doing great now.
1 is Perm banned again.
I'm the third and I'm not even getting another chance, 7 months after my ban.
I think that I've proven, for the last 7 months, that I can roleplay without an issue, so long as I don't have to hide my true identiity, Max obviously couldn't and you all gave him a chance, well against what everyone wanted, that back fired and now everyone else from now one has to pay for it?
I simply want on last chance. one. I've never been banned before. I've gotten very FEW warnings and I'm perhaps one of the most active roleplayers on the web. The 508 posts here should count for something. We're not dealing with someone that just showed up and posted 20 times then got banned, I have a ton of history with this RPG, more good than bad and I'd like to continue that.
Take away the forums that you'd think I'd get in trouble with. Let everyone know to not let me have their passwords and BAM, we won't ever have an issue.
Posts: 0
Threads: 132
Joined: Aug 2006
Goku Junior Wrote:The two that I know of that were perm banned at least.
I'm Dana. Big shock, lol.
Yeah, I was starting to figure as much. Personally, I don't appreciate you dragging our alliance name through the mud with your deceit. Lying is never the answer.
Roster | Character Vault | Last RP
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails
at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Posts: 0
Threads: 17
Joined: Aug 2007
>.> I didn't do anything to your alliance, other than add activity to it.
This is the biggest reason people don't want me here, you all get stuck on one thing and then it snow balls. Mind you, I can point out a few things that members posted in this thread that are completely fictional. Right 18?
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
I will never give you a second chance. You need to understand that and move on.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 0
Threads: 17
Joined: Aug 2007
So now it's just up to you? I thought it was between you and burter?
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
Bye. If you really want to add to this RPG, do us a favor and don't try coming back.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 0
Threads: 1
Joined: Aug 2007
10-04-2007, 07:39 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2007, 07:42 PM by Spice.)
Don't worry Rad, since you all think I'm the way I used to be, I'll live up to your expectations and finish what I started in December.
*hopes that if he acts like Max he'll get back in*
Posts: 112
Threads: 443
Joined: Dec 2002
I'm glad you think you're changed, but that doesn't really matter in this situation.
You did something and need to man up and accept responsibility for it.
"In this world, his world, life is just a game you play"
Posts: 31
Threads: 56
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 20
Threads: 100
Joined: Aug 2004
...I`m very dissapointed.
For one thing, the statement that we didn`t care is completely incorrect. I distinctivly remember when several people, me and Violet included, tried to make him feel better and convince him to move on with his life.
And for another, the fact that he smuggled himself onto Chubbs (again). You would think that if he was pleading to be accepted back he would at LEAST have the decency of not going here undercover. Plus, by this, he only goes to show he doesn`t trust our judgment. I mean, come on...even Burter was willing to accept him back! Burter, one of the strickest people in this community!
I most feel sorry for Laura. She had stood up for him on countless occassions, yet he doesn`t seem to aknowledge it at all.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.....Shame on me, indeed.
Posts: 133
Threads: 1,465
Joined: Jul 2002
Some people need to have lives...seriously.
He's been deceitful again, and this here just shows how we can't trust him back in the RPG.
DA08 Winner. "Screw them, this was her show now."
Posts: 31
Threads: 56
Joined: Oct 2006
And of course, I defended him, again.
I mean, other people did, even more strongly. (Violet comes to mind, no offense to any others who did so)
It's very lame. The worst part is although I'm saying "I'll never defend Dana again..", I know I will next time one of these posts comes up. Which, of course, even if it's a year from now, it will. It always does. =/
Posts: 0
Threads: 165
Joined: May 2006
Damn...I can not believe that's the second time he joined our alliance after being banned...that just isn't cool. I for one would like to extend my apologies to Violet, because I don't know about her but if I had a friend who I stuck up for and he/she turned around and did something stupid like this I'd be upset...
not saying you're upset Violet I'm just a bit angry myself because I was sitting here planning on talking to who I thought was someone else and already had a freaking storyline and crap planned out just to have it flushed down the toliet.
And yea you're right Becca, people do have a life, with him wanting to keep trying to find backdoors into chubbs proves several things, he needs to get out the house and find a hobby, he may need to talk to a therapist and get some counciling, or he may just be insane and completely obsessed with chubbs...or the staff. Whatever.
That's just straight up wrong to lie to people I really truly can't forgive that.
Posts: 21
Threads: 14
Joined: Jul 2006
This is what I miss while I'm out...of all the days, I choose this one to not go on. Meh, I don't know much on the topic of Dana to begin with, I dont know for sure what he did from the begining...it was probably posted here, but being that I figured I couldnt really form an opinion without reading the facts I didnt bother to look more then the first few posts. This is just rediculous. I just cant understand why they always come back, or at least try to come back.
|